News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts 2012 rule changes

Started by zaqrack, January 03, 2012, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Quote from: SuperBrian on February 02, 2012, 05:53:42 PM
I'm more than ready to fight for the team-scoreboard win this year.  8)
Sorry, but you have no chance against Mighty MeganiuM!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 03, 2012, 12:20:31 AM
I'm more than ready to fight for the team-scoreboard win this year.  8)
Sorry, but you have no chance against Mighty MeganiuM!

Naaah, come on! Brian kicks Ayrton's and Rotoi's ass, Töff is a lot better than Gutix or you - and sometimes I can beat AbuRaf. ;)

Duplode

Of course you're right! ;D I just thought that the "high" number of pipsqueaks this month wouldn't continue if the newbies didn't get any small points out of it. I couln't see it on the scoreboard, only four times 0..

Speaking of that, a small bug: 2012 results below 12th aren't being shown on the pipsqueak profiles.

alanrotoi

zaqrack

Quote from: zaqrack on January 03, 2012, 02:07:15 PM

• Your FOUR worst results don't count, as opposed to the TWO worst as until now. We all have less time to race.
  • To compensate the above change, bonus points are awarded to frequent pipsqueaks. This is called EB, "Endurance Bonus" After replays were submitted for 8 tracks during a season, participation on each additional track attacts bonus points. Just as LTB, these points accumulate, do not affect the track scoreboards or team scores, but are included in the seasonal scores:

• 9. track = +1 point
    • 10. track = +2 points
    • 11. track = +3 points
    • 12. track = +6 points
This is way too strong and overcompensating - and completely kills the idea of the "4 worst results don't count" rule, as even one missed race DOES count, quite a lot due to the endurance bonus.

For example: Aburaf has missed one race in February. I did not.
He had much better performance than I did, and has 56 points. I have 48. Now if we maintain about the same performance, but during the last two races I manage to close up 3 points on him, that would mean I am still behind by 5 points. Not with the EB: I get 1+2+3+6=12 from EB, while he gets only 1+2+3=6, meaning I gain 6 more points over him (just because he did not join in Feb!!!) and end up above in the classification. The EB is not a bad idea, but the bonus must be linear and with lesser impact

This is a very uneven and unfair rule in its current form. Very much. 
I hate changing rules during the season, especially without asking your opinion, but this rule was not thought over well and MUST be adjusted. I intend change the EB to +1 point for each of the last 4 races in a linear fashion and the bonuses for the current round were assigned as such already.

If anyone has objections or feels a significant negative impact, please let me know and we can discuss and adjust. I was thinking in the concept of fairness and also to prevent draining all of your motivation during the last races.

For a clear view:

pipsqueaks with significant negative impact expected due to this correction (no missed races):

• Duplode
  • Friker
  • Usrin
  • Zak

pipsqueaks with less negative impact expected due to this correction (one missed race):

• Gutix
  • CTG
  • AbuRaf70

pipsqueaks with major positive impact expected due to this correction (several missed races and in good overall position):

• Renato Biker
  • Bonzai Joe
[/list]

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on November 01, 2012, 03:03:46 PM
Quote from: zaqrack on January 03, 2012, 02:07:15 PM

• Your FOUR worst results don't count, as opposed to the TWO worst as until now. We all have less time to race.
  • To compensate the above change, bonus points are awarded to frequent pipsqueaks. This is called EB, "Endurance Bonus" After replays were submitted for 8 tracks during a season, participation on each additional track attacts bonus points. Just as LTB, these points accumulate, do not affect the track scoreboards or team scores, but are included in the seasonal scores:

• 9. track = +1 point
    • 10. track = +2 points
    • 11. track = +3 points
    • 12. track = +6 points
This is way too strong and overcompensating - and completely kills the idea of the "4 worst results don't count" rule, as even one missed race DOES count, quite a lot due to the endurance bonus.

For example: Aburaf has missed one race in February. I did not.
He had much better performance than I did, and has 56 points. I have 48. Now if we maintain about the same performance, but during the last two races I manage to close up 3 points on him, that would mean I am still behind by 5 points. Not with the EB: I get 1+2+3+6=12 from EB, while he gets only 1+2+3=6, meaning I gain 6 more points over him (just because he did not join in Feb!!!) and end up above in the classification. The EB is not a bad idea, but the bonus must be linear and with lesser impact

This is a very uneven and unfair rule in its current form. Very much. 
I hate changing rules during the season, especially without asking your opinion, but this rule was not thought over well and MUST be adjusted. I intend change the EB to +1 point for each of the last 4 races in a linear fashion and the bonuses for the current round were assigned as such already.

If anyone has objections or feels a significant negative impact, please let me know and we can discuss and adjust. I was thinking in the concept of fairness and also to prevent draining all of your motivation during the last races.

For a clear view:

pipsqueaks with significant negative impact expected due to this correction (no missed races):

• Duplode
  • Friker
  • Usrin
  • Zak

pipsqueaks with less negative impact expected due to this correction (one missed race):

• Gutix
  • CTG
  • AbuRaf70

pipsqueaks with major positive impact expected due to this correction (several missed races and in good overall position):

• Renato Biker
  • Bonzai Joe
[/list]

Since nobody argued heavily against this rule and we completed 10 races knowing these circumstances, I think you mustn't change it (or simply decrease the bonus from 1-3-6-12 to... hmmmm... 1-2-4-6 or something like that).

zaqrack

It would not help. The issue is the last tracks giving a huge bonus (e.g. +6). Nobody complained as I think nobody really thought this over.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on November 01, 2012, 11:48:02 PM
I think nobody really thought this over.

Friker and I did for sure. Probably others too.

alanrotoi

So, an anti meganium rule! Nah kidding xD. Really I'm kidding :)  :-X

Duplode

I support the change wholeheartedly. It would be better to know how Friker and Usrin feel about it, though.

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 02, 2012, 12:06:38 AM
So, an anti meganium rule! Nah kidding xD. Really I'm kidding :)  :-X

Given the current standings, I believe MeganiuM pipsqueaks would actually benefit from the change (I might be messing up the maths though).

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on November 02, 2012, 01:03:49 AM
Given the current standings, I believe MeganiuM pipsqueaks would actually benefit from the change (I might be messing up the maths though).
He probably meant the original rule, not the change...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Friker

I am ok with 1-2-3-6 or ..-5. I was counting with that from the beginning of this season. The rule is working perfectly with Zak's comment somewhere (but yes, it's quite strong), so I don't see any point to change it (for this season). But I am ok with any modification (or completely scratching) this rule.

Usrin

I'm against any modifications during the season. If getting the highest EB had been important for any pipsqueak, he could have created a listfiller in 5 minutes per track. If somebody didn't, it's not the fault of the system, as the rules were known for everybody.

Probably nobody would have complained if this idea hasn't been brought up; now a potential reason for flamewars is created. Is it good? (I'm prepared for the comments that I'm telling this only because the change affects me negatively...)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

I suggest to set up possible scenarios for unchanged, decreased and eliminated bonus points.

Usrin

Btw, retroactive changes in the rules are one of the "democratic" methods for which our "loved" prime minister is famous.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.