News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2012

Started by CTG, April 17, 2012, 03:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Poor MSC... I hope to see him back on the podium. Mercedes seems to be ways better than in the last two years.

CTG

Pathetic qualifications in Barcelona. That was rather a "How to spare tyres" game...

CTG

Quote from: CTG on May 12, 2012, 03:49:27 PM
That was rather a "How to spare tyres" game...

F1 = DRS + KERS + tyres, nothing more. I hate to say but this time only Hamilton showed some real racing spirit.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

FOREVER MICHAEL SCHUMACHER!!! BÖFF!!!
Chürműű! :-)

513.59 km

Chulk

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 24, 2012, 04:20:35 PM
FOREVER MICHAEL SCHUMACHER!!! BÖFF!!!
You do realize he won his Benetton titles by cheating and his 5 Ferrari titles because Ferrari was so much better than the rest of the cars he had no real rivals? (Except maybe for McLaren 2 years). Not to mention that he would have 0 titles hadn't Ayrton Senna died...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on June 25, 2012, 01:47:49 AM
You do realize he won his Benetton titles by cheating and his 5 Ferrari titles because Ferrari was so much better than the rest of the cars he had no real rivals? (Except maybe for McLaren 2 years). Not to mention that he would have 0 titles hadn't Ayrton Senna died...

Don't be that blind. MSC was one of the greatest pipsqueaks ever, even if some of his actions were really unfair. His current racing performance is rather age dependent.

Chulk

He never showed skills on a crappy car, that's not being a great driver. I can accept he beat Kimi and Montoya in a couple of years, but his last 3 titles he had no real rivals. McLaren was always underachieving and the rest was just the rest... And he would have at least one less title had Ferrari let Barrichello fight for it instead of just ordering Rubinho to let Schumacher overtake him

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on July 18, 2012, 04:13:37 PM
He never showed skills on a crappy car

Benetton wasn't that good in 1993 and still - he could keep up with the greatest rivals.

but his last 3 titles he had no real rivals

No title, but do you remember season 2006 (already "old" MSC)? He was fallen just because of his bad luck versus the stronger Renault (Alonso is quite a strong opponent, isn't he?). Do you remember the Interlagos race? Who else could come back from such a deep position? Who else could drive the actual fastest lap of the race right after the pit stop?

And he would have at least one less title had Ferrari let Barrichello fight for it instead of just ordering Rubinho to let Schumacher overtake him

Rubens 'Crymachine' Barrichello was born to be a loser (copy and paste this sentence for Massa). I don't think he would ever be able to win a single title. The last real talent from Brasil was Ayrton Senna. Even if I'm an MSC fan, I have to admit that Senna had a lot better instict for racing.

CTG

Btw few months ago I've read a fictional F1 storyline from a fan - what if there's no 1st May 1994. It was quite interesting to see the effect for the current pipsqueaks.

To summarize it, the parallel universe results:

1994 - Schumacher (96), Senna (95), described as a very exciting season
1995 - Senna (106), Schumacher (94)

Villeneuve doesn't come to Williams in 1996, but - like in real - MSC leaves Benetton for Ferrari.

1996 -  Senna wins with a huge gap ahead of MSC and Hill

Hill leaves Williams, Villeneuve is Senna's new teammate.

1997 - Senna (102), Schumacher (84), Villeneuve (68)

Conflicts between Senna and Villeneuve, the latter has to leave the team (goes to McLaren). The new second pipsqueak of Williams is Frentzen. The winter tests show that Silver Arrows are damned strong, Williams is only suffering.

1998 - Schumacher (92), Hakkinen (89), Villeneuve (78), Senna is only 4th

Senna goes back to McLaren.

1999 - Senna, Hakkinen, Irvine (Schumacher leaves out many races because of an accident, like in real)

2000 - tight battle between Schumacher and Senna, the former one wins his third title

2001 - McLaren is getting worse and worse, Schumacher wins easily, Senna retires with 7 title in the pocket (Hakkinen also retires)

McLaren starts with two new pipsqueaks: Raikkonen, Heidfeld.

2002 - Easy win by MSC

2003 - McLaren is getting a lot stronger than Ferrari. Result: Raikkonen, Schumacher, Heidfeld

2004 - Schumacher, again...

2005 - the young titan, Alonso beats Schumacher

2006 - Schumacher strikes back, hard victory over the spanish guy

MSC retires, Raikkonen goes to Ferrari, Hamilton arrives to McLaren

2007 - the first n..... ever wins this season with a huge gap, followed by Heidfeld and Raikkonen

Massa is fired from Ferrari, Alonso is coming instead.

2008 - Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton

2009 - Brawn era, Button wins

2010 - Alonso has to face a new opponent: Vettel. Great battle, the Spanish is the winner.

2011 - the same story as in the last year, now with Vettel's victory.

CTG

Alonso seems to be a serious contender for the title. I would be relatively glad to see him winning his third championship. Although I cheer for Vettel / MSC in general...

I would like to see Kubica on the grid in 2013.

Chulk

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on September 05, 2012, 07:38:04 PM
Not exactly Formula 1 news, but I was happy to see this today
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/05/alex-zanardi-handcycling-gold-paralympics

You were faster... Congratulations to Zanardi, I was almost sure he'll do it (read an article about his participation few days ago)

CTG

From now it will be very hard to catch Alonso.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on September 24, 2012, 01:57:52 PM

Vettel is quite lucky. This year I don't think he deserves to win his third title.