News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Roland MT-32 problems with BB 1.1

Started by viniciusferrao, June 25, 2012, 04:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llm

I just refered to @Cas "Vanilla DOSBox can't turn MIDI data into sound" - what seems to be not 100% correct - because i heard sound (without a real midi-device, mt32 or Munt installed)

Cas

Uhm... It's been long since I tried to use that. I do remember that it could redirected. Maybe, if you're using Windows, you do get sound because you already have a MIDI mapper coming with your OS that's receiving the MIDI output from DOS. I'm not sure. I should go back to testing that.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

llm

Quote from: Duplode on March 20, 2021, 08:59:22 PM
A different MT-32 issue: under my default setup of vanilla DOSBox + external Munt, MT-32 sound in the 1990 4D version stops working very often (for instance, upon entering the evaluation screen). The MT15.DRV replacement trick is of no use in this case, as 1990 4D and 1990 Stunts use the same MT15.DRV, as llm had pointed out several messages ago.

did you tried latest dosbox-staging or post an issue - even if its possible a game bug - the developer kcgen is always very interested in sound problems/latency/hickups stuff in games, he integrated the very latest munt 2.5 a few weeks ago into dosbox-staging

Duplode

Quote from: llm on April 20, 2021, 09:05:28 AM
did you tried latest dosbox-staging or post an issue - even if its possible a game bug - the developer kcgen is always very interested in sound problems/latency/hickups stuff in games, he integrated the very latest munt 2.5 a few weeks ago into dosbox-staging

Good idea, later I'll try it with dosbox-staging.

llm

Quote from: Duplode on April 21, 2021, 01:40:40 AM
Quote from: llm on April 20, 2021, 09:05:28 AM

Good idea, later I'll try it with dosbox-staging.

interested in testing :)
http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=3767.msg80304

llm

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview