News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Roland MT-32 problems with BB 1.1

Started by viniciusferrao, June 25, 2012, 04:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Yesterday I tried to enable the mt32.

I download the rom of the mt32 here :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j_XrcKR3GIeRY0F8Z7Uy6Nt0dLN1L6Nb/view

Replace dosbox by dosbox-x
https://dosbox-x.com/

Rename the rom as is
MT32_CONTROL.ROM + MT32_PCM.ROM and CM32L_CONTROL.ROM + CM32L_PCM.ROM.

And put it on a folder called rom. This folder is ea the same location than dosbox-x

In the dosbox.conf :
[midi]
mpu401 = intelligent
mpubase = 330
mididevice = mt32
midiconfig = 2 delaysysex
samplerate = 44100
mpuirq = 9
mt32.romdir = ./rom
mt32.reverse.stereo = off
mt32.verbose = off
mt32.thread = off
mt32.dac = 3
mt32.reverb.mode = auto
mt32.reverb.time = 5
mt32.reverb.level = 3
mt32.partials = 32

Change the setup of stunts.

GTAManRCR

Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Duplode

DOSBox-X makes it easier to use MT-32 by having Munt built in. One issue I have noticed is that, compared to vanilla DOSBox + external Munt (which is how I usually play Stunts), MT-32 sound is lower pitched on DOSBox-X (about one semitone lower, if the guitar tuner app I'm using is to be trusted). Taking this video, which is claimed to have been recorded with a real MT-32, as a reference, the vanilla DOSBox + external Munt pitch is the most accurate one. (Note that, while I use Vinicius' trick of replacing the 1.1 MT-32 files with the 1.0 ones, this change doesn't significantly affect the pitch.)

(I haven't tried DOSBox-ECE yet; I'll give it a spin later.)

GTAManRCR

The main menu song will still be borked, but not so much. So it's not enough to replace MT15.DRV, but also need the MTENG1.VCE and MTSKIDMS.VCE

GTAManRCR

Quote from: Duplode on March 10, 2021, 07:41:23 AM
MT-32 sound is lower pitched on DOSBox-X

This is why external MUNT is better in terms of emulation

Ryoma

When I launch the game for a duel Diablo vs Countach (a car0 transform in car1), I have the message "out of memory...". I used mt32 sound.

With game_ad from llm, I have not theses problems...but it's difficult to come back to admin version.

I used dosbox-x, any idea ?

GTAManRCR

DOSBox-ECE? Vanilla DOSBox?
Using 4-D Sports Driving (Doesn't equal actually to 4D Sports Driving)

Daniel3D

Try with the original crack. Stunts_k.com
I believe it is something in restunts..
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Duplode

Quote from: Ryoma on March 13, 2021, 05:52:22 PM
When I launch the game for a duel Diablo vs Countach (a car0 transform in car1), I have the message "out of memory...". I used mt32 sound.

With game_ad from llm, I have not theses problems...but it's difficult to come back to admin version.

I used dosbox-x, any idea ?

I tried to reproduce this problem with the most recent Diablo in your Mega versus the F40 (whose car1 has a similarly high polygon count), but it worked fine. The restunts executable I'm using is game.exe from the 7z archive in this post, invoked with the /smt switch for MT-32 sound. For further testing, I suggest posting your modified Countach 3SH, as well as your DOSBox-X configuration file.

Duplode

Okay, I think I have figured it out. The problem is neither with the restunts executable, nor with MT-32. What is happening is that:

• The stunts_k.exe NeverLock crack doesn't work with DOSBox-X unless loadfix is used;
  • DOSBox-X reloads stunts_k automatically with loadfix upon detecting it has crashed (as evidence, the attached sceenshot shows a message that flashes on the screen very quickly); and
  • loadfix interferes with the normal behaviour of Stunts (see also llm's remarks on the subject).
Everything works fine with DOSBox-X and restunts' game.exe (even with game.exe /smt for MT-32 sound), and with vanilla DOSBox and either game.exe or stunts_k.exe.

GTAManRCR

Quote from: Duplode on March 13, 2021, 08:31:42 PM
  • The stunts_k.exe NeverLock crack doesn't work with DOSBox-X unless loadfix is used;

The reason I don't use DOSBox-X

Duplode

Quote from: Ryoma on March 13, 2021, 09:36:05 PM
Did you like my Countach ?

It looks nice. In the past, I sometimes felt that, at least for some cars, the extra detail in a downscaled car0 doesn't translate too well to lower resolutions. I guess that's mostly in the eye of the beholder, though.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT269 track, from ZakStunts season 2023?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview