News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

guest track

Started by zaqrack, July 04, 2012, 02:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 26, 2012, 01:05:13 AM
if you're all okay with a random-ish track with very few bridge corners and no roads on water, I'll do it.

Bonzai Joe for president! ;D

CTG

I wonder how many of us used to build competition tracks for certain planned tricks & shortcuts.

zaqrack

During my 11,7 years as a competition pipsqueak I've designed three competition tracks, and they all sucked. Especially with the car bonus system, it's not going to be realistically possible for me to design a good track, but if you're all okay with a random-ish track with very few bridge corners and no roads on water, I'll do it.

yes please :)

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on September 26, 2012, 08:39:58 AM
I wonder how many of us used to build competition tracks for certain planned tricks & shortcuts.

not me!

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on September 26, 2012, 08:53:49 AM

not me!

That was obvious, Ayrton's replays in 2008 were too surprising.

Duplode

During my 11,7 years as a competition pipsqueak I've designed three competition tracks, and they all sucked. Especially with the car bonus system, it's not going to be realistically possible for me to design a good track, but if you're all okay with a random-ish track with very few bridge corners and no roads on water, I'll do it.

As far as I remember Z84 was a rather nice track...  :)

Once upon a time I intended to prepare a guest track for October; after several nights of being able to count hours of sleep with fingers of one hand, however, I can't guarantee I will be able to stay awake long enough at night to produce a decent track. Therefore, all power to BJ!

BonzaiJoe

Mark L. Rivers certainly did. I also did, on Debrecen, USC 2003.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 26, 2012, 02:01:14 PM

Me too, USC/USL 2003-2011. ;D Not so big tricks anyway, just some nice track element combos (like loop-small left-short tunnel-small right or loop-small left-banked right), so I would rather call it planned driving line. :D

zaqrack

Quote from: Duplode on September 26, 2012, 01:16:55 PM

As far as I remember Z84 was a rather nice track...  :)

Once upon a time I intended to prepare a guest track for October; after several nights of being able to count hours of sleep with fingers of one hand, however, I can't guarantee I will be able to stay awake long enough at night to produce a decent track. Therefore, all power to BJ!

I need one more guest track for December though :)

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on September 26, 2012, 02:05:37 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 26, 2012, 02:01:14 PM

Me too, USC/USL 2003-2011. ;D Not so big tricks anyway, just some nice track element combos (like loop-small left-short tunnel-small right or loop-small left-banked right), so I would rather call it planned driving line. :D

Planned driving line, that's it really. I guess such practices are only evil if the shortcut is completely non-obvious.

(My tracks are often built like that, too: start from an rococo sector with a racing line which looks clever on paper, then build a track around it - then realize that it sucks and proceed to simplify the whole mess until it becomes drivable. In fact, I would say that is my main weakness as a designer, at least for tracks with shortcuts - such a method works much better with IRC tracks.)

Quote from: zaqrack on September 26, 2012, 03:47:41 PM

Good to know  ;)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on July 04, 2012, 02:36:39 PM
How about having every second track delivered by a guest designer?

You can apply for:
ZCT133 (August)
ZCT135 (October)
ZCT137 (December)

Quote from: Duplode on September 27, 2012, 02:24:49 AM
Quote from: zaqrack on September 26, 2012, 03:47:41 PM

Good to know  ;)

It's not a new announcement anyway... :)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on September 27, 2012, 02:24:49 AM
My tracks are often built like that, too: start from an rococo sector with a racing line which looks clever on paper, then build a track around it - then realize that it sucks and proceed to simplify the whole mess until it becomes drivable.

Sounds quite familiar, suffered from the same problem 8-10 years ago. Especially when formerly unknown and unbelievable tricks appeared in the Golden Era.

BonzaiJoe

So, how do you make a good track?
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on September 28, 2012, 12:27:26 PM
So, how do you make a good track?

1, Open Stunts
2, Click on Tracks sign
3, Pick the new track option

193, Save it

;D

CTG