News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Formula 1 in 2013

Started by CTG, September 30, 2012, 02:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Isn't too much this car? Too many advertisings.

CTG

Now an ugly one: Caterham.

Duplode

Nice shade of green. BTW, is it just me who finds all the talk about "modesty panels" to hide the stepped noses incredibly silly?

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on February 06, 2013, 11:43:22 PM
Nice shade of green. BTW, is it just me who finds all the talk about "modesty panels" to hide the stepped noses incredibly silly?

Stepped noses are far the ugliest aerodynamical elements I've ever seen.

Btw do you remember this?

Chulk

Well, Melbourne brought some emotions already, if not the racing itself at least the weather promises a very exciting race
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Chulk

It was strange to see Ferrari out-strategied...

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on March 18, 2013, 06:59:37 PM
It was strange to see Ferrari out-strategied...

The last time when Ferrari had a really good strategy was in the MSC-Brawn-Todt era...

CTG

I don't understand this Red Bull "scandal": finally we had a pipsqueak who dared to ignore the team's "spare your tyres and let your teammate win" command and showed up something from REAL RACING... Btw Webber was always a crymachine.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on March 25, 2013, 07:41:06 PM
I don't understand this Red Bull "scandal": finally we had a pipsqueak who dared to ignore the team's "spare your tyres and let your teammate win" command and showed up something from REAL RACING... Btw Webber was always a crymachine.
Vettel move was stupid and could have easily cost RBR 43 pts.
I don't like team commands regarding "let your teammate overtake you" but I think telling your drivers to secure those 43 pts (no matter who won) is a smart thing to do. It's not like they told the leader to let his team-mate win, the command was plain "don't risk it, secure 1-2". Red Bull had nothing extra to win, and everything to lose with Vettel's move.

Mercedes is a different thing, because Rosberg could have tried to catch Webber for 2º place, which Hamilton couldn't do. RBR had the best possible result, and they wanted to secure it. Mercedes could have gotten a 2-4 but decided to settle with 3-4 to let Hamilton finish ahead of Rosberg.

Command was the same, situations were not. If I had been RBR chief, I would have done the same.
If I had been Mercedes chief, I would have sent Rosberg in a chase for Webber.

CTG

People want to see races, not team strategies. As for me, Vettel wasn't unfair at all. Not even stupid.

(If you say so, what do you think about the "stupid" Senna-Prost battles in McLaren?)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on March 25, 2013, 10:26:40 PM
People want to see races, not team strategies. As for me, Vettel wasn't unfair at all. Not even stupid.

(If you say so, what do you think about the "stupid" Senna-Prost battles in McLaren?)
Team-mates competing instead of collaborating is definitely stupid, in every team, in every sport, in every country.

Duplode

Teams are integral to F1, with the paradox of being bound to cooperate with your main rival being part of the deal.

As for Vettel, this incident confirms him as a disingenuous spoiled rascal. As aggravating circumstances, consider the "I'm much faster, let me through" whining with half a race remaining (Rosberg doing the same wasn't so bad due to the reasons Chulk mentioned), or the ridiculous "I didn't do it on purpose" in the press conference. I can't say I am dejected, however; it is good to have someone to root against again  :D

CTG

The stronger dog fucks. That's all.

Or do you think that WEB did not switch on every buttons of that spaceship steering wheel for maximum performance, when he saw Vettel is attacking? He was asked to spare the tyres, but when the situation became clear right after VET's pit stop, he tried to defend his position - probably using 100% of his car and skills. But it's obvious that Webber's 100% is not even close to world-class performance.

Chulk

Rumor has it RBR is not renewing Webber's contract after 2013. This confirms Vettel is a spoiled brat and he does whatever he wants in RBR, without consequences.