News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

New cars for 2013

Started by CTG, October 11, 2012, 09:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

It seems Melange project will be finally finished in 2012 (engine: Rotoi, design: CTG, chief consultant: Duplode), so it can be a serious candidate for the next season. Any other new cars? How many cars will we have in 2013?

zaqrack

Currently we have 11 originals and 5 customized.

I am all-in for realistic customized cars, the more you send the more will be in the competition. Melange and McLaren are candidates for next year. 20 cars tops.

I will not add or reactivate cheat cars, such as the Ranger.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 11, 2012, 10:53:20 AM
I will not add or reactivate cheat cars, such as the Ranger.

Maybe I missed something but what was the problem with Ranger? (Although I'm happy about it's elimination.)

zaqrack

the speed would be justifyable by a super turbo engine, but the handling was too easy.

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on October 11, 2012, 10:53:20 AM
I am all-in for realistic customized cars, the more you send the more will be in the competition. Melange and McLaren are candidates for next year. 20 cars tops.

My only concern with that would be the possible effects on the bonus system, as more cars mean more bonus points being shared after each race, and also more months between races with a given car. One alternative we might consider would be keeping just five custom cars but rotating some of them yearly or biyearly.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 11, 2012, 04:24:03 PM
One alternative we might consider would be keeping just five custom cars but rotating some of them yearly or biyearly.

I agree. As an addition, bonus system must be refined again to avoid the one car races (it happens too often).