A thread for setting up Le Stunts endurance events, propagating the buzz from the old Le Stunts thread
. A brief overview for the uninitiated:So what is this about?
Sweat and adrenaline - exhilarating live races in a challenging endurance format.Who can take part?
Anyone! Simply join the discussion as we arrange the date and time for the next event, either in the Fixtures
thread or in the thread for the next race (which you can create if it doesn't exist
).How does it work?
Here is what happened in the 2013-01-13 race. None of these "rules" are set in stone, anything can be adjusted if we feel like it.The essentials
The fine print (race stewarding)
- The race is held on a track in which the finish line is on a pit lane, separate from the "main" track, thus allowing pipsqueaks to complete however many laps they need to.
- Räcers have 12 minutes to completing as many laps as they can within 8 minutes of in-game time.
- Shortcuts are allowed; saving partial replays and using RH are legal too - as for the latter, however, twelve minutes will be hardly enough for avoiding crashes and such disasters, so the action is more like NoRH.
- The final result will be based on (1) number of laps completed within 8 minutes, and (2) distance covered in the last incomplete lap (for pipsqueaks with the same number of laps).
- The track designer posts the track ~24h before the start time of the race, so that pipsqueaks have the opportunity to learn it.
- Some time before the start, we meet at the forum chat. Eventually, someone other than the track designer posts a slightly modified version of the track (to prevent cheating with older replays), starts a 3-minute countdown so that people can download the track and, after that, shoots the metaphorical starting gun at the chat.
- After the starting shot, pipsqueaks have twelve minutes to post the replay of their race to the forum. The deadline is checked by comparing the timestamp of the post with the replay with the one in the chat message announcing the start of the race. (Tip: to avoid delays when posting the replay, it is a good idea to turn on the "Don't warn on new replies made while posting" checkbox in your forum profile settings - Profile >> Modify Profile >> Look and Layout.)
One extra thing we want to do at some point is team racing (pairs, or maybe trios) as in the original Le Stunts. Each pipsqueak in a team would drive a set number of laps and then post/send the partial replay to a team mate, and so on until the eight minutes are completed. With teams we would have the races a bit longer (15min) so that the driver changes become feasible.Are there archives from past races?
Check the race threads in this subforum. For the very first race, check this post in the old Le Stunts thread
for the track and, further down the thread, replays, results and analysis.