Author Topic: Ikarus 260  (Read 5509 times)

CTG

• Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
  • Psycho
    • View Profile
    • UnskilledStunts Championship
Re: Ikarus 260
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 09:20:35 AM »
Modified elements cause a lot of trouble in the gameplay by making it dashed. Or even running out of memory.

Duplode

• Considering trying out spam
  • Through the astral door - to soar
    • View Profile
    • The Southern Cross Stunts Trophy
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
There is a subtle technical issue with the .RES file of Ikarus 260. I presume that the text data of the car was edited with stressed, and stressed reordered the resources in alphabetical order. The resulting file works perfectly well in both Stunts and stressed, but gibberish results if you open it in CarBlaster. Here is the .RES file with the resources reordered (stressed can do that) in a CarBlaster friendly order (simd, edes, gsna, gnam). It might be worth it to add a CarBlaster compatibility checkbox to stressed when opening CAR*.RES files.

CTG

• Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »
There is a subtle technical issue with the .RES file of Ikarus 260. I presume that the text data of the car was edited with stressed, and stressed reordered the resources in alphabetical order. The resulting file works perfectly well in both Stunts and stressed, but gibberish results if you open it in CarBlaster. Here is the .RES file with the resources reordered (stressed can do that) in a CarBlaster friendly order (simd, edes, gsna, gnam). It might be worth it to add a CarBlaster compatibility checkbox to stressed when opening CAR*.RES files.

Thank you, I'll take care of that in the future projects.

CTG

• Psycho
    • View Profile