News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Ikarus 260

Started by CTG, November 07, 2012, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Engine is ready, some physical parameters should be fixed in RES file (like wheel positions or rev needle - now it has a Corvette dashboard). 3D shape is almost ready, the usual "why do I see the left wheels from the other side" issue has to be solved.

Oscar

CTG

New problem appeared during the dashboard test: Stunts says "Out of memory". When I try to open the .vsh file again after that, the whl1, 2, 3 modules are screwed up.

CTG

Dashboard 1.0 (numbers will be white, but now I still have to avoid the usual stupidity of Paint...)

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on November 08, 2012, 10:43:34 AM
New problem appeared during the dashboard test: Stunts says "Out of memory". When I try to open the .vsh file again after that, the whl1, 2, 3 modules are screwed up.

Lazy, unsubstantiated guess: did you make the bitmaps larger than they originally were?

Quote from: CTG on November 08, 2012, 09:19:14 PM
Dashboard 1.0 (numbers will be white, but now I still have to avoid the usual stupidity of Paint...)

The "menetlevél" chart is a nice touch!

CTG

Now "only" the needles are left. It seems they mustn't be in the mentioned region, but it can cause some minor display errors (choosing larger ins2 than 200 X units... well... it screwed up heavily).

dreadnaut

Can we race with the bus, this weekend? ;D

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 09, 2012, 01:07:04 PM
Can we race with the bus, this weekend? ;D

It would be the worst race ever (0-60 mph: 28 s, Default test lap: 2:29).

dreadnaut

We just need a very short track, and it will be proper endurance (and patience)

CTG

Duplode

Fabulous video! I don't know what I like best: the fine-looking large vehicles, the perfect synchronization or the changes in the track elements  8) 

Chulk

Nicely done! I love the colour on piano sections you used in corners!! And the plane just looks amazing, I wonder how and overtake would look...

PS: Looks like the bus driver is from my town, taking corners over 60 km/h
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Too bad, the Boeing 747 is the only one with ~30% scaled down size (I tried the same video with the ~1400 units long AN-225, but it was simply annoying).

After the early enthusiasm, I checked the replay and the video again. Things that should be fixed:

.RES: mass (stupid /me, 1 smu is not 100 kg, but 45 - it means 187 smu instead of the current 85...), wheel positions (forgot it somehow), grip (should be decreased a bit, the real Ikarus 260 can't complete a sharp turn at 80 km/h); minor: speedometer needle is too short between 80 and 100 km/h
.PVS: steering wheel movement (the ins2 bitmap seems to be too big)
.3SH: "transparency" of the bodywork (right wheels are visible from the left - through the left wall of the bodywork)

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on November 10, 2012, 12:17:42 AM
Not the best quality, but still... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWSjJCPYO5k

Truly amazing!

Anyone else noticed the pirate ship?  ;D
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

.RES corrections:

- Mass and aerodynamic resistance both changed from 85 to 187, torque curve increased to ~220% (except idle value, as it was originally already ~180). It caused slightly worse acceleration in first gear, I don't mind it (0-60 mph is ~1.0 s longer). At least it shows the more realistic performance of a 30 years old bus. :D

- Wheel positions seem to be more or less correct now (Z = +43 and -57 in 3D shape, ~ 3200 / -3200 in .RES file)

- Grip: decreased from 192 to 128 (as DUP wrote at wikipedia, cars starts to slide at ~70 mph when it's 256; ~150 mph with 512). However, cornering is still better than in real life. :D