News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Subaru Impreza WRC

Started by CTG, November 11, 2012, 04:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Engine is under construction, performance is expected to be similar to Skyline.

CTG

First spy photo from the test track - quite a hard moment anyway. :D

CTG

Far from ready, but it already hides an eastern egg... ;)

Btw are you okay with the more realistic height values? The built in cars are way too low (~1/5 of the length or even less) - Impreza will be 100 units long with 31 units height.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on November 12, 2012, 01:50:18 PM
Btw are you okay with the more realistic height values? The built in cars are way too low (~1/5 of the length or even less) - Impreza will be 100 units long with 31 units height.

I do not recommend that. Stunts stretches 3D models and bitmaps vertically by a factor of 6:5 (an explanation and some evidence). To compensate for that, stressed models should have their height reduced by 1/6. Incidentally, I committed this mistake with the original release of Skyline, and it looked like a truck next to the other cars. (Also, that's why if you check the readme of Skyline in the current ZakStunts pack you'll find it is actually the 1.1 version...)

P.S.: If you are using the latest Windows release of stressed (the 0.1.0-rc5 in this post) the rescaling of the y-axis should be done automatically for 3D models, so the car should look right with the height corrected by the 5/6 factor. 

CTG

Somehow the original cars seem to be too flat, that's why I made such a tall one.

zaqrack

must be fun when the tunnel comes right after the slope of the mountain :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on November 12, 2012, 12:53:17 AM
First spy photo from the test track - quite a hard moment anyway. :D
lol, another plane ?!

By the way, promising Subaru car :D

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on November 18, 2012, 11:19:39 PM
lol, another plane ?!

I have 8 airplanes at the moment.

Edit #1: AN-225, B748, A380, MD11, Concorde, RJ85, AN-2, Zeppelin...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on November 18, 2012, 11:23:00 PM
I have 8 airplanes at the moment.
I hope one of them is named Jefferson, with a big "revolution" word as shape on it.

Yes, yes, I know, only dinosaurs like me still remind Jefferson Airplane (re-named Jefferson Starship a few years later) band. ;) ;D

Friker

Give a nice handling to this car. :)

CTG

Quote from: Friker on November 20, 2012, 01:28:41 AM
Give a nice handling to this car. :)

It already has. :D

(quite good cornering, acceptable grip on ice/mud/grass, acceleration is slightly better than Corvette's, top speed is somewhere around 180-185 mph - it's a hybrid of the rally car and the tuned street drag version)

CTG

The new version has a decreased height (the roof is still at Y=25 or 26) and it really looks better.

Are you okay with digital speedometer? (Digital rev meter would be cool, but unfortunately it's impossible - I really miss it from the Knight Rider project).

Duplode

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 15, 2012, 10:43:14 AM
Are you okay with digital speedometer?
I'm ok with it. Not with digital rev meter though. I like my revs with a needle
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Ouch, I just discovered that zapper already used the rev meter style I planned for the street race version of Subaru... :-\

So that's the point where I stop this "30% ready" design and try to find out a new one.
(btw all the stupid street pipsqueaks drink tons of energy drink)