News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

What happened in 2012?

Started by CTG, December 10, 2012, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

A new annual topic for those who want to summarize what happened to them in the last 365(+1) days and what are their plans for the next year.

Duplode

A comparatively unremarkable year after an excellent 2011. Goals for 2013 include:

• Toning down the misanthropy  :D
  • Adjusting the work/study balance (unrelated fields...)
  • Start learning French.
  • Trying my hand at some proper web development.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

After moving to an own flat last year, in 2012, the following important things happened to me:

- quite unexpectedly, but I met a girl in May who became my girlfriend two months later, which resulted in excessive womanizing in the second half of the year (lot of travelling to Debrecen again)
- I couldn't find as much time to ride my bike as in previous years
- it is also the same for discovering night sky
- though I think I spent more time by discovering the nature, taking photos
- I also managed to keep the 1+ hiking trip/month ratio, which was my goal, and I also accomplished my first high mountain summit climb where there are safety equipments like chains on the path
- I was in Croatia (2x), Poland (2x), Romania (1x) besides travelling to Slovakia several times
- I was on 3 scientific conferences, and my first article was also published in a scientific paper

Well, the most important goal for 2013 is to perpetuate current situation.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on December 10, 2012, 03:52:32 PM
A comparatively unremarkable year after an excellent 2011. Goals for 2013 include:

• Toning down the misanthropy  :D
  • Adjusting the work/study balance (unrelated fields...)
  • Start learning French.
  • Trying my hand at some proper web development.

It's better not to talk about my last year, only in keywords: health issues (becoming more and more serious, still getting worse with permanent pain), losing 15 kg (3 kg from that came back during X-mas), neighbour affair, 4 months exile from home, serious battles against my former boss, changing workplace, losing all the chance for PhD (running out of time in June, no motivation, no energy), psychological collapse, depression, apathy. However, 2013 started as bad as the last year finished.

Goals for this year? I could have many. But I know it's impossible to complete them, at least in my current condition.

CTG