News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The Skid challenge

Started by BonzaiJoe, December 14, 2012, 01:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

You know how the opponents are always just so easy to beat?
Well, I seem to have designed a track on which it is really, really hard to beat Skid, if he has the same car as you.

The challenge: you vs Skid, Nissan Skyline vs Nissan Skyline, no replay handling.

I managed after 10 or 15 attempts, but only using some not so nice tricks.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 14, 2012, 01:41:52 PM
You know how the opponents are always just so easy to beat?
Well, I seem to have designed a track on which it is really, really hard to beat Skid, if he has the same car as you.

The challenge: you vs Skid, Nissan Skyline vs Nissan Skyline, no replay handling.

I managed after 10 or 15 attempts, but only using some not so nice tricks.

It is full of small corners, isn't it?

BonzaiJoe

No. But Skid does seem to have some kind of black magic abilites in those. Note that it's not impossible to beat Skid, just hard.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 14, 2012, 02:15:46 PM
No. But Skid does seem to have some kind of black magic abilites in those. Note that it's not impossible to beat Skid, just hard.

Sometimes I think the car's grip value is only valid for my own car and not for Skid's.

Duplode

Indeed, it is a nice challenge. It doesn't help that Skid has the racing line for himself going into the first corner... (Attempts to jostle for space are mostly doomed.) It took me 15-ish attempts as well to pull it off correctly, only to mess up the easy part and then be rescued by the erratic behaviour of Skid, resulting in the mildly amusing replay below. The lesson, I guess, is that the opponents' incompetence is limited to sectors with stunts elements...

Chulk

This is really hard. Not counting the tries I took against the clock to get to know the car, I've had 8 tries and still couldn't overtake him. I tried using the scissors move but he doesn't car and closes the line causing a crash or a touch that 100% of the times caused the permanent left steering bug on my car. (attached replay is an example of it)

edit: forgot to attach before, attached now.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

Finally!! On the 21st try. It wasn't a clean race, there were some not so light contacts on those pesky left corners. The overtake was clean though and after the overtaking Skid simply slows down a lot.
He was so slow that even though I had a grass trip (no pun intended) because I was watching how far Skid was, he still wasn't even close to win.

alanrotoi

Friker

Quote from: Chulk on February 21, 2013, 05:04:32 AM
... He was so slow that even though I had a grass trip (no pun intended) ...

:D there is only one meaning of this sentence - and it's not "a trip through grass" :)

Friker

two tries of skidding him at beggining lead to a left-steering bug, third one was a bug appended, fourth i missed a corner and fifth was an easy victory for me - so no interaction with skid helps :)

dreadnaut

Why does the car lean left on this track?

Edit: done on the third try actually; it's not too difficult if you "balance" Skid correctly at the beginning, and once he's behind he's not really a problem —and surprisingly slow.

Wasn't there a key to switch camera on the opponent?

Chulk

Quote from: Friker on February 21, 2013, 04:28:11 PM
two tries of skidding him at beggining lead to a left-steering bug, third one was a bug appended, fourth i missed a corner and fifth was an easy victory for me - so no interaction with skid helps :)
Only 5 tries, great!

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 21, 2013, 05:33:53 PM
done on the third try actually
Even greater! :D

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 21, 2013, 05:33:53 PM
once he's behind he's not really a problem —and surprisingly slow.
I noticed that too... why does he slows down so much?

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 21, 2013, 05:33:53 PMWasn't there a key to switch camera on the opponent?
'T'

CTG

the master of dirty cheats did it in two tries  ;D

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on February 22, 2013, 08:15:59 PMthe master of dirty cheats did it in two tries  ;D

Haven't checked yours or the other replays, but something that always works is to end the race reaching the finish tile from the side so to stop in front of the finish line. Even if you get hours of penalty, the opponent will crash into you and DNF ;)

CTG

Nope. It's just the usual solution... :D