News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Old school software

Started by dreadnaut, January 26, 2013, 03:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

See this beauty?

I made that in 1996 :D  You couldn't actually edit the track, only the terrain because... I didn't know Stunts had a terrain editor. But it had lovely hand drawn scenery!

Useless discussion to say: Zak, could you open a "Stunts related software" subforum, for threads related to old programs and new developments? (e.g., the PHP threads I opened, editor stuff)

Duplode

Cool; it looks like SimCity with the underground view on :D  What did you use for the GUI?

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 26, 2013, 03:02:28 AM
Useless discussion to say: Zak, could you open a "Stunts related software" subforum, for threads related to old programs and new developments? (e.g., the PHP threads I opened, editor stuff)

Good idea, there are quite a few threads that would be at home there.

dreadnaut

That was my own toolkit written in Turbo Pascal. It couldn't do much, but it looked good back then. Pseudo-windows you could almost move, buttons to press, and that was it.

alanrotoi

it makes me wonder how old are you.

Komeuppance

Mmmmm Turbo Pascal... haven't heard anyone mention that in ages.  One of my favorite languages.  My old codes are backed up on a floppy somewhere lol.

-Robert

dreadnaut

@alanrotoi
I am twice as old as I was when I made that :)

@komeuppance
Get the code out and let it run a bit in Dosbox, it's great to see stuff like that working again. Also, floppies are not "backup" enough, make another copy!

Komeuppance

Those floppies are default "back up", mainly because I don't have a floppy drive in any of my 10+ computers.

Back in early years of school I liked using them as frisbees, especially when they were my classmates.

-Robert

dreadnaut

Quote from: Komeuppance on February 05, 2013, 03:56:26 PM
Those floppies are default "back up", mainly because I don't have a floppy drive in any of my 10+ computers.

Same here, but I bought a USB one off eBay for less than a tenner. Going through the old boxes of floppies (Bananoid wtf?!) was fun :)