News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 139 - Parody

Started by CTG, January 28, 2013, 09:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friker

Quote from: CTG on February 05, 2013, 12:27:01 PM
Quote from: Friker on February 05, 2013, 12:18:42 PM
CTG, how long did you "test" the track on PG line? because I have feeling every tile of the track is very hard to pass..

Not that long. And yes, it's a hard one. I wanted to make it even more difficult, but Zak modified that section because of some potential crying newbies. :D It was funnier with the small corners after the 180° banked corner plus ramp part - and quite different with each cars.

where were a ramp?

CTG

Quote from: Friker on February 05, 2013, 12:55:09 PM
CTG, how long did you "test" the track on PG line? because I have feeling every tile of the track is very hard to pass..

Not that long. And yes, it's a hard one. I wanted to make it even more difficult, but Zak modified that section because of some potential crying newbies. :D It was funnier with the small corners after the 180° banked corner plus ramp part - and quite different with each cars.

where were a ramp?

It's still there. But the following small right + small left + 2 tile boulevard was changed to chicane + tunnel.

Friker

Quote from: CTG on February 05, 2013, 01:27:26 PM
Quote from: Friker on February 05, 2013, 12:55:09 PM

where were a ramp?

It's still there. But the following small right + small left + 2 tile boulevard was changed to chicane + tunnel.

aha, i misunderstood it. :)

Duplode

This is not a great track for Audi. Countach, or even LM002, would be much nicer...

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on February 05, 2013, 07:52:14 PM
This is not a great track for Audi. Countach, or even LM002, would be much nicer...
It is not good for LM002 either. It's almost a 2 min ride at full speed... not fun at all.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 05, 2013, 08:05:28 PM
It is not good for LM002 either. It's almost a 2 min ride at full speed... not fun at all.

As I told you earlier, it was built to be a Corvette track.

Friker

Quote from: Chulk on February 05, 2013, 08:05:28 PM
this track is made for PG, reaching PG in that big loop. non-PG cars are boring to ride on this track. :-/ maybe for ikarus it will be a challenge :D we could send the replays to public transport's HQs and let them see how bus drivers are driving sometimes..

dreadnaut

If it weren't for all the water, there could be different trajectories at least. This is frustration on rails  instead :-\

Chulk

Quote from: Friker on February 05, 2013, 11:19:36 PM
this track is made for PG, reaching PG in that big loop. non-PG cars are boring to ride on this track.
Problem is PG cars don't have enough bonus...

Quote from: dreadnaut on February 06, 2013, 12:08:15 AM
If it weren't for all the water, there could be different trajectories at least. This is frustration on rails  instead :-\
Agreed!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

non-PG cars are boring to ride on this track. :-/

Actually it's fun with Countach. And how can be a track boring, if you have to suffer with each tiles?  :D

CTG

Quote from: CTG on February 06, 2013, 08:46:07 AM

Actually it's fun with Countach. And how can be a track boring, if you have to suffer with each tiles?  :D

But even with Audi... Do you think it's a boring list?

1, jump out of the corkscrew to the top of the tunnel
2, complete an inner loopcut
3, reach the top speed as soon as it's possible (magic carpet lovers, come on!)
4, try to survive the concrete blocks
5, fly as flat as possible
6, survive the jump-pipe-boulevard-concrete blocks combo (not an easy one!)
7, depending on the way you choose (but of course you choose the longer and faster), try to keep enough speed to have a decent finish with smart jumps from the loops

It's not boring at all. And not because it's my own track (I had several bad tracks in the past, this is not one of them)... I would rather say it's a bit overcrowded, not really suitable for live races. And blame Meganium for the car choice! If they used Audi last month, we could have a nice Corvette race this time. ;D

Friker

Quote from: CTG on February 06, 2013, 10:08:53 AM

But even with Audi... Do you think it's a boring list?

1, jump out of the corkscrew to the top of the tunnel
2, complete an inner loopcut
3, reach the top speed as soon as it's possible (magic carpet lovers, come on!)
4, try to survive the concrete blocks
5, fly as flat as possible
6, survive the jump-pipe-boulevard-concrete blocks combo (not an easy one!)
7, depending on the way you choose (but of course you choose the longer and faster), try to keep enough speed to have a decent finish with smart jumps from the loops

It's not boring at all. And not because it's my own track (I had several bad tracks in the past, this is not one of them)... I would rather say it's a bit overcrowded, not really suitable for live races. And blame Meganium for the car choice! If they used Audi last month, we could have a nice Corvette race this time. ;D

uhm, maybe Countach because of its poor handling would be fine. :)

the problem is that the track elements are hard to pass only with PG. with audi it is only about to reach a top speed soon enough and then go minute and half in 1-2 car wide corridor given by water, slalom blocks, need for right place to land at banked roads, corkscrews etc.

CTG

Unless you choose the shorter way. Believe me, the winner will use the brakes at least once.

Friker

Quote from: CTG on February 06, 2013, 03:44:29 PM
Unless you choose the shorter way. Believe me, the winner will use the brakes at least once.
wow - now I realized that I did not use brakes. :) (edit: I used - (3 or 4)/20 of sec)

CTG