News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

PS3 controller with Stunts

Started by Komeuppance, February 14, 2013, 08:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komeuppance

I configured my PS3 controller to work with my PC.  A headache to do, but eventually got it.  Going to order a bluetooth dongle so I can play wirelessly.  Right now I have 4 6ft USB extensions plugged into each other lol, they were only $1 each, plus the 6ft PS3 USB controller cable.

My PC is also connected to the big screen, so I will be able to sit on the couch and Stunts it up without having to get up!! I've also configured my android phone as a wireless mouse/keyboard, for ultimate lazyness.

Initially I used joystick mode, just for old time's sake, and very quickly went back to keyboard mode, but with the controls remapped in DosBox.  Feels great using the R1 and L1 buttons to shift up and down.

-Robert

Chulk

Quote from: Komeuppance on February 14, 2013, 08:11:54 AM
I've also configured my android phone as a wireless mouse/keyboard, for ultimate lazyness.
That sounds great!!
Quote from: Komeuppance on February 14, 2013, 08:11:54 AMFeels great using the R1 and L1 buttons to shift up and down.
It is really comfortable to shift gears with L1 and R1, but I found handling a lot harder with PS-lilke joystick.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

nice! I would still like to see Stunts with motion control. Wii controller or Kinect - both fine. Jumps would be awesome :)

Komeuppance

I do have a wii controller haha...

The PS3 controller's gyro can measure pitch and roll, I could map those in... lol it reminds me of a time many years ago when people less experienced with game controllers who would move about as if it had an effect in game.

-Robert