News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Silverstone (2014-04-27)

Started by CTG, February 25, 2013, 01:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Track designer: Chulk
Car: McLaren Honda

Topic was started to inspire the designer... 8)

Duplode

It is nice that this is going to be the seventh race. 7 is associated with McLaren to me (early F1 memories from '93-'95; Grand Prix 2)  :)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on February 25, 2013, 05:38:03 PM
It is nice that this is going to be the seventh race. 7 is associated with McLaren to me (early F1 memories from '93-'95; Grand Prix 2)  :)
Mika's car!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 25, 2013, 06:35:45 PM
Quote from: Duplode on February 25, 2013, 05:38:03 PM
Mika's car!

Where's the vomit icon? >:( ;D

But Mika gave me nice memories, too. Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2odPR07Vb5s

Chulk

Best overtaking I've ever seen live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eE3gCy5zvM
That's a true lesson from a real driver to a "give me the best car so I can win" one.
Also, on the first overtake attempt, Schumacher moved twice to cover the space, when only one move is allowed... But bending the rules was his real talent anyway (remember the Benneton era?)

CTG

Do you remember anything great from Hockeyman before 1997? You can't. The incredible technical improvements of (dirty cheater) McLaren made a "hero" from the FIN woodcutter.

Meanwhile, MSC gave a huge impulse to the half-dead Ferrari and we all know what happened in the next few years, when the red car was only 0.5 second/lap slower than the overblown silver - Schumacher started to kick their ass. As for me, the woodcutter was a second class pipsqueak. It's not even worth to mention the other guy from Scotland with brick shaped head.

After the Senna era, McLaren became the team of saltless pipsqueaks. Raikkonen became a cool guy only after leaving them.

CTG

But back to the pipsqueaks of the real F1: the best picture from Silverstone.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 26, 2013, 08:48:50 AM
Raikkonen became a cool guy only after leaving them.
Not true. YOU just changed the way you see him BECAUSE he left McLaren. Apparently you can't see past the silver-hating veil of yours.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 26, 2013, 03:54:09 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 26, 2013, 08:48:50 AM
Raikkonen became a cool guy only after leaving them.
Not true. YOU just changed the way you see him BECAUSE he left McLaren. Apparently you can't see past the silver-hating veil of yours.

Let me puncuate it: Raikkonen could show his real face when he left McLaren. The team policy of the silver craps arrows is too British, if you understand what I mean on that (they can't have an own personality, rather following the team's command - and we all know that Kimi can't deal with such strict principals).

Of course this one was true only after the Senna era.

CTG

Btw I can't participate this weekend (traveling), but maybe next week.

Chulk

I won't be able to race either. I know it sounds selfish but that's the main reason why I didn't finish Silverstone-ish track (and Z139, of course)

Chulk

Here it is!! Feel free to suggest changes in it. Being the first track I build, I know it will most likely suck so say what you think, I won't be hurt by it.

I intended to do a fast track with fast corners (the way I consider the real Silverstone to be). I added a few parts when braking is key to achieve a good time: Elevated corner right after bridge jump; and the loop after the tunnel, leading to a right corner (it would have been too easy with a left one ;) ).

CTG

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on March 05, 2013, 02:10:33 PM
So... this weekend?
Maybe... This flyer says I'll be drinking home-brewed beer from 13 to 21 both on Saturday and Sunday the weekend after that so...

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on March 05, 2013, 03:32:35 PM
Quote from: CTG on March 05, 2013, 02:10:33 PM
So... this weekend?
Maybe... This flyer says I'll be drinking home-brewed beer from 13 to 21 both on Saturday and Sunday the weekend after that so...

I hate you. ;D