News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts v5.0

Started by zaqrack, April 30, 2003, 10:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

I knew I would get that question, and you're right, but only the air over the road is usable. I just added to underline that it is not only driving over grass which is prohibited, it is also jumping over grass and obstacles - something which is very common in real (;)) competitions
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

Well, about IMSA cup: IRC rules are still lame, but it doesn't change that much in IMSA cup because the IMSAs have no power gear. Also, I like the cup idea.

And remember: It's not that I don't like IRC competition, I just like the free competitions better...

al il professore

While i just make u crawl in the swamp i wanted to, i will explain u just why u are not telling truth when speaking about the real difficulty of certain competitions.

1. IRC is more difficult than any other, because it demands total control over a fast and powerful car and some parts of the tracks that are the basics of a master driving, corners. Corners are not SO simple. U should find advantage on newbies making them think its easy to turn a corner. I MUST TELL NEWBIES STUNTS SUCCESS, ITS ABOUT THE CORNERS.

2. Zakstunts is happy and joyful race, and it DOES NOT complicate things to add a third dimension for bursts of power. When u got found a shortcut, do it, if u do it faster, u win. point line. I am sorry, but my own experience proved it was easier to drive with shortcuts that means freedom that means ease than on ISA.

3. personal statement: first participation to adelaide: last time, twenty seconds and more after the winner cap, with no idea where i drove slow... last participation to IRC: three hours MAXIMUM of driving, fourth place. Well i learned how to drive fast corners in ISA competition. Thanks stunts.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

So you're going for another ridiculous post - I can't say I'm surprised.

Quote from: "al il professore"

1. IRC is more difficult than any other, because it demands total control over a fast and powerful car and some parts of the tracks that are the basics of a master driving, corners. Corners are not SO simple. U should find advantage on newbies making them think its easy to turn a corner. I MUST TELL NEWBIES STUNTS SUCCESS, ITS ABOUT THE CORNERS.

2. Zakstunts is happy and joyful race, and it DOES NOT complicate things to add a third dimension for bursts of power. When u got found a shortcut, do it, if u do it faster, u win. point line. I am sorry, but my own experience proved it was easier to drive with shortcuts that means freedom that means ease than on ISA.

3. personal statement: first participation to adelaide: last time, twenty seconds and more after the winner cap, with no idea where i drove slow... last participation to IRC: three hours MAXIMUM of driving, fourth place. Well i learned how to drive fast corners in ISA competition. Thanks stunts.

IRC is more difficult because it demands more replay handling. That is what you call "control over the car". IRC rules are, however much you keep talking about something else, a cut off the game Stunts. Some parts are removed from the game, and only one is left: Corners. I have never said corners are easy (but of course you say I have), actually corners are very hard. But there are corners in Zakstunts too. Everything in IRC is also in Zakstunts, while there are several aspects in Zakstunts that are not present in IRC competition. It's as simple as that...
I don't understand the third point you make. So you've become a lot better at Stunts, what's that got to do with anything?

Please remember that I am not criticizing the IRC competition in general, which is strong and well-organized. I just find the rules lame.

al il professore

well u didnt understand the third point or u didnt want to simply hear it :)

my good friend, u will have to fight me long time on the track and off the track if u do think that irc rules cut from the original stunts. four wheels, jumps, stunts, thats it.

do you feel frustrated by the all time lazy ones that only rules at zackstunts and beat u there? or what?

there is no problem with irc rules, its original and very challenging to play on the edge of stunts, with more precise driving than anywhere else
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

You haven't answered anything of what I said...?

Is it really so hard to understand that in Zakstunts, you could drive with IRC rules if you wanted, but you could also drive in many other ways, so therefore there are many other possibilities. When there are many other possibilities, it means you have to be more creative, and the best way will statistically be harder to drive. (not meaning harder to drive without crashing, but harder to max out). This is why you have to work so hard on IRC - because it's all about splitseconds, or at least it would be if there was anyone to challenge Alan Rotoi. You need to max out completely to win. On Zakstunts, it is quite impossible to max out completely, and that's what makes it so interesting.

al il professore

I dont think really that zackstunts shortcut kalpenlike competition is allowing more talent to express because there should be more possibilities on these tracks.

1. there is not several possibilities, several ways to drive a lap. Good drivers say they "at first smell" see one and direct way to victory. this way is maxed out by two or three drivers. Three in a month where three lost pilots had nothing else to do. Btw let me pray here for more pipsqueaks to come and more competitions to open. Because the old same one winner its boring. comma. Well its impossible to design a track with four good and equal ways... just design a mirrored track, and thats finished. A track like a symetrical draw, u see what i mean? In zackstunts, u find the shortcut way, u drive it, u max out to the bone and u miss the missing part. There is always a missing part that make u ridiculous, even for those who are called the best. The second comma will launch the idea of a more serious permanent competition track, a new type of competition that could be called: "the hopeless diamond". In this competition, u will be given one year to drive the track. In this competition, there will be a prize in money for the winner, to make people do the maximum of the track and the maximum of the car. I still believe in one year, only one pipsqueak will approach the perfect rpl. and miss the impossible last second... but not because he didnt see the way he could drive it, or because this way wouldnt fit with the following of the track. Just because there is only one probable way in the track, and this way is impossible to max out thanx to the growing chaos effect we encounter playing stunts.

2. I love marshmallows on the fire

3. why they cut daniel pearl in ten pieces? because there wasnt room for more pieces.

4. IRC competition is killing lazy competitions. Its upper level, its cream of the cream. to quote akoss the poet, its the cum. to be a complete stunts driver u need IRC, IRC is a need for speed in corner, a need for rational racing and a need. Its creation filled a big gap. In IRC it is impossible to max out completely a rpl. there is always the missing part of the perfect rpl. There is no statistical possibility that a pipsqueak and a pipsqueak will give on a month a perfect lap on the same time. thats impossible!

hence the one who will drive in fsc without shortcut will be given five points more than the one who drove with shortcut.

JTK

Hi Zak,

I also allways liked the mail notification including the new contest tracks. If not I'd like to find a fast track download link on the first page.

CU and keep up the good work, JTK

alanrotoi

Yes, fast and easy to understand for newbies site it's needed. Buttons or links for track and every scoreboard. The site should be easy for incomming people. I guess the design is only for pipsqueaks and isn't very friendly....

BonzaiJoe

Okay, I'll stop this discussion. Read my posts and you'll find answers to your arguments. If you tell me you don't, fine, let's continue, you just gimme a sign boy.

al il professore

i do not only find no answer to my arguments in your posts, but also dont understand the logic behind the arguments used by you, my oh the most untrustful adversary.

Well behind your arguments, there is no logic, as i started to explain to everybody. why do you shake like a plummer the idea of a more important work load to weight on every virtual square inch of those sometime magnificent zack stunts track? no other complication will come from a closed circuit if u add the possibilities of finding shortcuts on it. When anybody will drive a track with shortcuts, he will be forgiven huge errors of driving, for example, cutting the grass is cutting the grass, its simple to do for anyone. But in IRC races, we all have got one same way to drive, with a theoric "same" maximum work load to weight on every square inch. I do push this equation on this post that is:

TEN TIMES the average Zackstunts track work load to weight on every square inch multiplied by bonzai joe IQ and mixed with a complete load of brown danish sausage = One time the average IRC track work load to weight on every square inch multiplied by Alain superior IQ and mixed with the great powers of that stunts team that is called Orion.

see you on top of both of these tracks, driver.

BonzaiJoe

I couldn't understand much of your post, but I'll try.
Here's a really simple and logical (if you want to say that my arguments are not logical, please do explain why not) argument:
In IRC, there is one way to drive a left/right corkscrew. There is one way to drive an up/down corkscrew. There is one bridge corner trick that you are allowed to make, one way to drive a loop.
In Zakstunts competition, however, there are at least 6 ways to drive a left/right corkscrew, 4 ways to drive an up/down corkscrew, 3 bridge corner tricks, 6 ways to drive a loop etc.   If you know just a little mathematics, you will understand that this means the fastest way will eventually be more complicated and harder to drive.
Another thing: when was the last time you saw a shortcut a non-two-way track? I don't remember any... the only shortcut there is in Stunts is skipping from one way to the other. The rest is tricks or power gear magic.

al il professore

another non logical argument was just developed by you on the latest post, my ugly and dirty stunts trick lover friend...

Well. There is positively several ways to drive a cork in IRC. U can drive it fast, or slowly, i.e. u can drive it with a little jump entering it and going out of it, u can take it by the edge or by the middle, u can skip half a second if u have the right gear or the bad one :)

saying there is only one way to drive an obstacle, a stunts element in IRC is not logical.

In the same way, there are infinite attentions to pay when u drive each and every corners, each and every loop (with/without power gear, sincerely, without cutting a loop, i can still imagine easily six ways of putting my love into it, babe. iiiirh sorry driving it.

While i am finishing, i forgot what was the second part of the insane post where you re still fighting the whirlwind made of your own ... ah yes i read it again and say:

WHY ON STUNTS do you think a shortcut is a way of cutting the grass that allows you to skip a way for another. Thats bullshit. For example U can hit the bullseye with a shortcut like that in i dont remember which track of zackcompetition where we used to drive one of the IMSA car for a hell run and with a last hero shortcut just before the finish line: there was a succession of two sharp right corners after a double jump with a boulevard in the middle, then a cork then a corkscrew to climb. well, everybody skipped the last obstacles and drove through the grass without in your ming taking any shortcut???

Another simple illustration of a non joeish shortcut was the last and munificent loop jump in debrecen. Call it a trick, its still a shortcut credited for the few drivers that succeeded it and had the idea of it, since the car perfectly takes a athmospheric leap over the grass, skipping  the road in a surprisingly insultive way for opponents.

BonzaiJoe

About your first point, sure, there are many ways to drive those obstacles in IRC if you look at it like that, but that was not the point. The point is that however many ways there are, there are about 6 times as many ways on Zakstunts, because all the things you described apply for all the ways to drive a loop without going the whole way.
About ZCT22, sure, call those shortcuts if you want! Mindscape made a little thing called Penalty Time, which is what you get if you cut a part of a track. The only way to cheat past that is by skipping from one road to another. Small shortcuts that don't get you penalty time are considered to be a part of this game called STUNTS. And do you know how much time I spent doing those last 2 shortcuts right? Any fool can cut over grass, but you have to keep as high a speed as possible, and get the angle just right in order to do the sharp corner well. These things demand time and skill more than anything. I lost that month because I didn't do the last part past the corkscrew well enough!
About the Debrecen trick - why do you think it's such a crime to drive over grass, when you've just said that the trick is a bonus for those who can do it. It's not an easy trick. It demands patience, precision and luck - unlike going around in the loop, turning two corners and pushing the "up" button until you reach the finish line. Would you have preferred that? How cool would Debrecen have been with IRC rules?

al il professore

i wasnt talking about the advantage or not to take a shortcut, but about the real definition of a shortcut. This was an example of brilliant shortcut. This was what u called a trick in opposition to a way to way shortcut... that definition was very weak, and u accorded with it.

now about the different ways of making love to an obstacle: is really true your opinion when u clearly say the fastest way is the harder to drive? I mean, every one can drive a loop in conventional way, and it will be slow compared to a trick. But the trick by itself is easy to understand, and depends only on luck to be applied. Its not the impossible thing you meant it to be. an average driver can do a loop trick. an average driver can do a cork screw breakthru trick.

The difference i will point will be this one: a qualified driver will succeed the trick easier hence faster hence max it out, while an average driver will not be able to express all the juice from the luck the stunts gods gave him to achieve it.

IRC race is a pure hard thing. Qualified drivers know what i mean. its a race for control, a race for precision. its much more intense than a barrage fire of replay handling in the four dimensions in zackstunts or unskilledstunts. Plus, the comparison would fit with similar speeds. but with slow cars, a corner is easier to take than with a fast one. U can drive a 180? corner with RH all the time u want if u are not skilled, its worthless. if u drive it in IRC, u must be precise and commit yourself in curve loving manoeuver, from the beginning to the end, in the same movement. At the speed an indy car take this corner, RH does not help an average driver.

Technique will make difference between drivers ease in IRC corners. This technique developed in IRC will certainly give an advantage to the ZS driver, and RH will help him in perfecting the slow grass cutting trajectories.