News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts v5.0

Started by zaqrack, April 30, 2003, 10:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Work will start with the beginning of june, this will be mainly a design job, because I re-organized the system with v.4.5, but still some code related things to do too.
Write here things that`d like to see, and awaiting your comments as well.

things gathered until now:

news display will be completely rewritten, possibly with the usage of somery, a blog system. It also supports commenting the news, I dont see why to allow that because we have the forum, but if you want it, maybe.

complete redesigning the menu system, cleaner, simpler, and finally a complete and usable archive page is planned.

new design of course, I`m planning 3 colour schemes with a bit varied design you could choose from. One of these will be optimized for 1024x768 possibly, others for 800x600.
new design will contain more design elements than this one.

want to leave frames, but I have to read through some technical stuff before this, looks like I can manage it. Not sure about this yet.

auto notification system recoded by myself, so it`ll work finally

at seasons results you`ll see that a pipsqueak raced on the given track, or just got 0 points.

support in code for 11 best results count/year rule. yeah, I was lazy and didnt code it yet, but I still have time :)

all tables will be redesigned so that they`ll fit both the 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions.

game section will be a bit more highlighted with the upload of more games. still help wanted here.

new online chat client

reorganizing lots of secondary stuffs, polls, guestbook, etc.

article section redesign too, with possibly an article upload script.

pipsqueak/team profiles better organized.

more FAQs for running stunts. Like sound setup, cheat car installing, and stuffs. So things that those will like, who are not pipsqueaks, but like stunts, and visit the page because o that reason.

chatroom bots reinstalled :)

cool calendar with email reminders before quiet days and deadlines.

but still no useless flash design shit I hope. functionality over design as always :)

and lots of more...
hope I`ll be able to code this all.

al il professore

what? nobody has an idea?

why not an ice cream on loading the homepage.

more seriously, if u could write a rplinfo for reading the rpl files and making people update the scoreboard by themselves that would be good. I dont know what u think about that. if its reliable.

rankings its okay but one cool thing would be to also add columns with the average speed and distance driven like in unskilled in the end of the month. that is the analysis page work also :S

one of the originality of your competition is the analysis, try to enhance it further :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

Wow, quite a huge work to do !
Zak is the best at that.

I liked the e-mail notification system, it should be good to have it again.

I don't have any other idea that you didn't already said for now.

al il professore

yes he is good but your competition is the best idea of us all
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

alanrotoi

But...... you said some days before that the best is IRC... who posted it you or some of your ghosts? and who I am? am I a human? a ghost? a dog? oooh I don't know.....well let me add that this afternoon I walked some block in my neilborhood... you can't imagine the beatiful girls I saw. Incredible, girls girls girls all the time!! That was a good ride :D

al il professore

its different things, krys idea is perfect, but irc is the perfect competition. being on the podium there is touching gods hand

BonzaiJoe

IRC is a competition for those who need heaps of special rules to win, so that other people's skills can be neutralized.
But we can't be quite sure.

al il professore

i will allow positively no theories like these. Let's  refuse to say IRC rules should hamper some pipsqueaks to play at their top level. wether competition where rules are strong reveal pipsqueaks that have strong driving skills. or competition which rules are weak forgive weak driving. period.

Mingva

Yes, IRC is for pipsqueaks with strong driving skills. In zak's comp. the most  important is the number of SC you can find. Just watch to my results: in zak's I'm allways in top10, and in IRC I'm on the last places only :(

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "Mingva"Yes, IRC is for pipsqueaks with strong driving skills. In zak's comp. the most  important is the number of SC you can find. Just watch to my results: in zak's I'm allways in top10, and in IRC I'm on the last places only :(

What's that supposed to mean? That you're good at finding shortcuts but not at corners?
Fact is that the only way to do well in IRC is to spend ages making every little corner perfect, instead of doing interesting things like STUNTS! The only point of the ISA competition originally was to make an alternative for those who didn't like shortcuts. However, there are two good ways to avoid that without IRC/ISA rules.

1. Don't make a two way track - you can always cut from one way to the other.  (or simple disallow that way of cutting, because that is only exploitation of a bug in the game, not display of skill)
2. If you don't like to have power gear tracks like ACT04 and you want one that you can win with your own skills, just make sure there are no power gear tricks. This is the track designer's job, and it's not that hard to
do.

As Mark Nailwood wrote to me in the e-mail: "I don't think it's a good idea with restrictions - the good thing about the old competition was that it also challenged your creativity in finding the best way to drive the tracks"

al il professore

and you proved yourself not to be so creative in sc finding. I got my favorite on this game his initials are AR

BonzaiJoe

Yes, obviously I'm not the best at that, but at least when you win at Zakstunts (or Unskilled or ZakB), you know you win because you're good at Stunts.

alanrotoi

If this is a "personal fight" between you both it's ok, but you can't say that to win in ISA don't makes you "feel skilled" because we know this is the strongest competition. This kind of restrisctions (on wheel on over the road) makes you faster on the track and not an off-road pipsqueak.

In my opinion (I'm talking about me! ;)) every win gives you prestige. Zak's and IRC are the most important contests right now. Zak's gives you a lot of prestige, because you are using a slow car, because you found all the shortcuts (always there are) and because there is the biggest competition. And IRC gives you a lot of prestige, because you were the fastest in the most used car, because you were the fastest only on track and because it is big too.

If you use a lot of time with RH to turn a corner in IRC you are using the same time to do a shortcut in zak's. It's just about RH.

I'm not in alain's side or in yours, I'm trying to defend the wins I have in this competition (and yours), they are very honourable.

BonzaiJoe

I definitely don't agree that IRC is the strongest competition. The winning times are extremely strong, which means that Alan Rotoi is extremely strong. Apart from that, Zakstunts has more pipsqueaks and very hard competition.
To put it very simply: cutting people off from using a whole part of the game and the track - the grass and the air - you are making the game simpler and easier. This does not mean it is easier to win of course, because the more simple it is, the more perfect it is possible to make your replay with an equal time-investment. I just, personally, don't think it's very funny or interesting to use all your time perfecting every little part of the track. Zakstunts and other competitions are both about shortcuts, (I have yet to see a shortcut in a one-way track with non-powergear car)tricks and corners. IRC is only about corners.

Krys TOFF

And what about IMSA Cup ? It follows IRC rules too...

And i don't think air is not used in IRC rules : jumps are not forbidden. :wink: