News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts News for small screens

Started by dreadnaut, May 07, 2013, 02:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Not exactly a program, just a page showing the latest news and replays taken from ZakStunts' feeds. Mainly, it is aimed at small devices where the main page is a bit difficult to read and at Stunts maniacs who want to check the latest developments on the go!

Available here: old url http://zak.stunts.hu/mobile/news.php or through a handy QR.

Great bookmarked on the home screen of your phone!

zaqrack

Nice!

Can we add the option of posting from the phone? :)

dreadnaut

Quote from: zaqrack on May 07, 2013, 10:08:18 AM
Nice!
Can we add the option of posting from the phone? :)

Thanks! Posting news requires login though, so it's not possible from my website. You would have to set it up on zak.stunts.hu. That would be very cool though, let me know if I can help! :D

zaqrack

dreadnaut

Thanks, works great!

Then the page has a new address: http://zak.stunts.hu/mobile/news.php ! I'll try to add posting in the next days. If you have other suggestions, write ahead!

dreadnaut

So, a slightly more advanced version is now online. Using the Z menu you can login, see and post news, view the latest replays. More or less what you see in the right-hand column of the main website.

Quote from: CTGAnd still: no replay sending option, no posting. However, posting news was already possible by using zak.stunts.hu without the mobile option. So I don't really get it... (yes, I'm stupid)

Uhm, I don't have Stunts on a phone —I actually don't have a mobile phone— so I'm not sure how you would get replay files on it, or whether uploading would actually work on Android or iOS.

Of course I haven't tested the pages on every possible mobile browser out there, so if you see broken stuff, list it here.

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on May 09, 2013, 03:51:52 PM
I'm not sure how you would get replay files on it, or whether uploading would actually work on Android or iOS.

As far as I see, this mobile version supports those who want to send replays even when they are far away from their computer (advanced LTB battle in the air! :D). Upload the series of 0.05s step replays to your memory card and send the proper one when you need it.

CTG

Off: this is my first forum message from mobile phone.

dreadnaut

I'll leave replay uploading out for the moment: I don't want to touch 'sensitive' stuff and be responsible for something that might not work and eat a winning replay :-p

I'll add at least a scoreboard though, with fewer columns. I suppose pipsqueak, time and car ought to be enough, isn't it?

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on May 12, 2013, 02:33:59 AM
I'll leave replay uploading out for the moment: I don't want to touch 'sensitive' stuff and be responsible for something that might not work and eat a winning replay :-p

Actually if we had that stuff earlier, I could send my winning replay for ZCT 137 - from the new years's party.

dreadnaut

"That's why we'll have to do that YESTERDAY! —to the time machine!"

dreadnaut

dreadnaut

And a list of recent posts from the forum!

I noticed I need to save a cookie to remember login, but that will come in the next days.

dreadnaut

Fixed encoding problems here and there. Unusual letters will hopefully show up fine now, òàìøæå.

Not sure why many forum post have no title, but that's how they come out from the forum.

edit: nevermind, it's just CTG changing the subject to a dot  ???

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 02, 2013, 02:42:08 PM
Fixed encoding problems here and there. Unusual letters will hopefully show up fine now, òàìøæå.

Not sure why many forum post have no title, but that's how they come out from the forum.

edit: nevermind, it's just CTG changing the subject to a dot  ???

Me? :D