News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts on Android

Started by Jürgen, August 25, 2013, 07:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jürgen

Duplode told me to feel free to start a new topic.

So we know that DOS can be emulated pretty well on Linux-based operating systems...

...we also know that Android uses the Linux kernel for its core systems...

..and there is also the fact that today's smartphones/tablets are almost, or already on par in their technical specs with few years old desktop computers.

The question is obvious: has anyone ever tried or managed to run Stunts on an Android device?

dreadnaut

I suppose DosBox or an equivalent will exist, but touch controls are going to be horrible.

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on August 25, 2013, 08:32:29 PM
I suppose DosBox or an equivalent will exist, but touch controls are going to be horrible.

Touchscreen is my enemy. However, it could be fun on a classic mobile phone.

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on August 25, 2013, 08:32:29 PM

Looking at someone playing on one of those things in the bus made me realize there is a way of mapping Stunts controls to a cellphone touch screen which is not absurd - though it would destroy our thumbs pretty fast! The swipe controls would be used for shifting.

zaqrack

CTG

I just tried it with aDOSBox (under Android 4.1.2. OS) You can start the game, choose a car and a track, but it bumps into an error when you try to start driving (check disk).

CTG

Quote from: CTG on December 05, 2013, 09:48:01 AM
I just tried it with aDOSBox (under Android 4.1.2. OS) You can start the game, choose a car and a track, but it bumps into an error when you try to start driving (check disk).

Ah, finally! ;D

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 05, 2013, 07:53:35 PM

Ah, finally! ;D

I wonder how hard it is to complete a corner  :)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on December 06, 2013, 04:31:18 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 05, 2013, 07:53:35 PM

Ah, finally! ;D

I wonder how hard it is to complete a corner  :)

DAMNED hard. :D

CTG

aDOSBox is too sensitive, it will be frozen when you try to push two buttons at the same time. However, you have buttons for every 45°...