News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cars and bonuses for 2014

Started by CTG, September 27, 2013, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which custom cars would you like to see in ZakStunts 2014?

Ferrari F40
5 (35.7%)
Lotus Esprit Turbo SE
4 (28.6%)
LWT ZR1-GT3 Mark II
3 (21.4%)
McLaren Honda MP4/4
3 (21.4%)
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
3 (21.4%)
Melange XGT-88
9 (64.3%)
Porsche 911 Turbo 964 3.3
1 (7.1%)
Speedgate XSD
5 (35.7%)
Superkart
0 (0%)
Toyota Corolla AE92 GTi
1 (7.1%)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno
0 (0%)
Xylocaine XF
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

CTG

It's never too early to ask...   ;)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Melange plus Skoda. If I have to select one more, let it be the ZR1-GT3, though I haven't submitted a vote for it.

And let's remove the car bonus system.

Leading time bonus is also unnecessary.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 27, 2013, 11:43:50 AM
Melange

Obvious.

Skoda

No. Never say never, but it would be better in this case.

If I have to select one more, let it be the ZR1-GT3, though I haven't submitted a vote for it.

Good choice.

And let's remove the car bonus system.

Yeah, it would be better to have fix cars in a competition. Oh wait... USC is still offering that. :D

Leading time bonus is also unnecessary.

Back to the darkest time hiding era? ;D

dreadnaut

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 27, 2013, 11:43:50 AMAnd let's remove the car bonus system.

Or at least 'dampen' the variations. Not sure how it was in previous seasons, but this year there was often one car clearly advantaged.

We could run a few simulations with different parameters and see what happens —Friker? :)

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 27, 2013, 02:23:51 PM
Or at least 'dampen' the variations. Not sure how it was in previous seasons, but this year there was often one car clearly advantaged.

I am not so sure about that, for two reasons. Firstly, I feel that if there were three or four viable cars every race the permanent ambiguity would be exhausting. And secondly, if the variations are damped and bonus percentages get closer to each other the odds are that PG cars will win most races (for evidence, consider the the 2008 season). In any case, the simulations would be interesting to see...

(Note that the first reason is close to the well-known Akoss' objection to the bonus system. While I do like the system - it gives an alternative to people who can't stand the main car of the race, and the occasional multi-car races can be very interesting - I believe the drawback he points to is real, and worth considering.)

My votes: Melange and Lotus [Edit: and GT3, sorry :D]. The other three would be Speedgate, GT3 and F40. However, I (i) am in two minds about Speedgate; (ii) don't want to vote for my own car; and (iii) don't like the F40 quite enough to vote for it ahead of the other ones.

Chulk

Melange, Speedgate, F40, GT3. Don't really know why, just felt it
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

dreadnaut

Where's CTG's Subaru? That's what I want to drive!

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 28, 2013, 11:53:59 AM
Where's CTG's Subaru?

In my D:\Install\Stressed\Stunts\ folder. ;D

(maybe in USC 2014)

CTG

Btw is there a plan for something new in ZakStunts 2014? Maybe changing to some kind of PTB system? It's not suitable for USC (probably I won't use it in the next season), but it would be a lot more effective in a bigger competition.

Suggestion: keep the current system (+2 and +1), only change it from "leading" to "podium" time with some kind of multiplier. Maybe it could motivate the non-Biker pipsqueaks to collect some bonus, even if somebody sent an ultrastrong replay in the first few days.

CTG

The poll should be restarted, some serious candidates will appear in the next two months... (Fiat Abarth 500 for sure)

CTG

Quote from: CTG on September 30, 2013, 09:23:35 AM
Btw is there a plan for something new in ZakStunts 2014? Maybe changing to some kind of PTB system? It's not suitable for USC (probably I won't use it in the next season), but it would be a lot more effective in a bigger competition.

Suggestion: keep the current system (+2 and +1), only change it from "leading" to "podium" time with some kind of multiplier. Maybe it could motivate the non-Biker pipsqueaks to collect some bonus, even if somebody sent an ultrastrong replay in the first few days.

Detailed analysis is coming soon.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

It seems a 'Stunts month' begins on the first day of a quiet days period, and ends around 8th-10th of the next (real) month.

The original reason to introduce LTB was to perpetuate the activity for the whole month. This worked more or less with the golden generation pipsqueaks (though I hated it that time as well), but it has ceased, we arrived to the point which was the case in 2002: the racing month is restricted to only ~10 days.

Do you think that it is still worthy to continue to give this useless bonus? Moreover, the season seems to be decided on the leading time bonus instead of gained racing points...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Duplode

Quote from: Akoss Poo on October 31, 2013, 11:15:30 AM
Moreover, the season seems to be decided on the leading time bonus instead of gained racing points...

That is a fact. It can be very hard to claw back a gap built with LTB, especially given the linear scoring system and that the three worst results are discarded (so that you can't even hope for a slip-up of your opponent to be of help). Would it be too far-fetched to have very small LTB (say, +0.5 and +0.25 points) instead?

(On the other hand, CTG's suggestion of +2 and +1 as podium time bonus could be interesting too - it, too, is a way to make leading time matter less. The detailed analysis will be interesting to see.)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 31, 2013, 02:35:43 PM
On the other hand, CTG's suggestion of +2 and +1 as podium time bonus could be interesting too - it, too, is a way to make leading time matter less. The detailed analysis will be interesting to see.

Ready for 2013, but it isn't informative at all. I'll do it for 2012, too.

zaqrack

No PTB for ZakStunts as it would require excess coding. But I am open to reduce/drop LTB. Should we have a clean season for 2014 without any bonuses?