News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Abarth 500

Started by Kubby, October 09, 2013, 09:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: Kubby on October 13, 2013, 01:40:34 PM
Ok, so after some tedious repainting job (or is there some more or less hidden way or recoloring all the polys with one color?)

Right-click on the materials list; there are "Replace all" and (in the latest release) "Move first/up/down/last" commands which make repainting a lot less painful.

I will got for more traditional gauge layout, as the retro-styled original layout would be:
1. Impossible to recreate with fixed center point in Stunts.
2. Pretty illegible in low resolution.

By original layout you mean this? If so, while showing only the needle tip is impossible having needles with the same centre and different radii should work.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 13, 2013, 04:04:41 PM
Ok, so after some tedious repainting job (or is there some more or less hidden way or recoloring all the polys with one color?)

Right-click on the materials list; there are "Replace all" and (in the latest release) "Move first/up/down/last" commands which make repainting a lot less painful.

I will got for more traditional gauge layout, as the retro-styled original layout would be:
1. Impossible to recreate with fixed center point in Stunts.
2. Pretty illegible in low resolution.

By original layout you mean this? If so, while showing only the needle tip is impossible having needles with the same centre and different radii should work.

So there's no way to use a mask there... Too bad!

Kubby

OK, I'm done with the gauges, I think. Tell me, are the digits legible enough?

CTG

Duplode

Quote from: Kubby on October 15, 2013, 04:21:45 PM
OK, I'm done with the gauges, I think. Tell me, are the digits legible enough?

Maybe there is room for making a few of the numbers, such as the "40" in the speedometer or the "8" in the rev meter, one pixel larger or a bit crispier - as long as it can be done without compromising the nested gauge layout, which looks awesome  :)

Kubby

Well, I've made 8s one pixel taller, but 40 is kind of beyond my pixelart skills to make more legible in given space.

However, there is some progress...

CTG

Quote from: Kubby on October 15, 2013, 08:57:58 PM
Well, I've made 8s one pixel taller, but 40 is kind of beyond my pixelart skills to make more legible in given space.

However, there is some progress...

COOL!

CTG

Btw one vote for Abarth in ZakStunts 2014!

Kubby

OK, so the rest of the dash is done. Now, I'll start making the rotated versions of the steering wheel. Thanks to having a separate file with steering wheel in separate layer, it shouldn't be that difficult.

EDIT: Forgot about the attaching the progress...

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 16, 2013, 04:16:17 PM
Btw one vote for Abarth in ZakStunts 2014!

...unless it won't be revealed before the deadline. ::)

Ryoma

What a pity... It was a good idea.

Cas

Oh, I agree!  It'd be great if this project could be resurfaced!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

Seriously the dashboard is amazing...what happen to kuby ?

GTAManRCR

Ryoma, what about finishing this car? Looks nice, but I don't have the skills to make any new cars
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Ryoma

Why not but I am lazy when I knew that it's already exist.

Actually my next project.