News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Christmas Cup

Started by CTG, November 06, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Just a poor concept for a special event in December...

Tournament type: knockout
Number of required participants: 8
Number of rounds: 3 (one round per week)
Selection of pipsqueaks: TOP8 of WRL (or medal table / points of ZSC+USC or whatever you suggest)
Duels: 1 vs 8, 4 vs 5, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6; 1/8 vs 4/5, 2/7 vs 3/6 and so on.
Special rule: there would not be fixed tracks and cars. In every single duels, one of the players can choose the track, while his opponent can choose a car (the lower ranked pipsqueak can choose a track or pick a car).

CTG

Example

WRL: 1 CAP, 2 pArAnO, 3 Inavoeg, 4 Ben Snel, 5 XDude_NL, 6 JTK, 7 Dayan, 8 Mingva

Quarterfinals:
CAP vs Mingva, Mingva takes Onion.trk, CAP picks the GTO. Result: 55.60-1:06.55
Ben vs XDude, the latter picks the car option (P962), Ben takes Redlamp.trk. Result: 46.95-50.00
pArAnO vs Dayan, Dayan wants the track (Curry.trk), pArAnO's choice is Indy. Surprisingly the result is 47.80-47.75.
Inavoeg vs JTK, Mr. Kalpen wants to drive the Xylocain XF, Inavoeg's choice is Samba track. Result: 1:09.75-1:11.90

Semifinals:
CAP vs Ben, Ben keeps up track selection (Cafeshop.trk), CAP selects GTO again. Result: 38.55-38.40.
Inavoeg vs Dayan, Dayan takes the Jaguar, the Brasilian takes the difficult Bebeto.trk. Result: 1:23.75-1:55.20.

Final:
Inavoeg vs Ben, the Dutch legend selects the track again (Windmill.trk), Inavoeg makes a crazy choice with Skoda Felicia. Result: 55.50-56.35

BonzaiJoe

The track-building thing is a bad idea because it requires far too much effort from the participants. I'd consider applying for a wildcard in an event like this on pre-built tracks and pre-chosen cars, though...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

So, if I provide 20 optional tracks, are you a potential participant?

BonzaiJoe

Yes, but I wouldn't look at the tracks, I'd just choose one randomly.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 07, 2013, 02:29:39 PM

A tempting alternative would go along the lines "Wow, an elephant-shaped lake! I am definitely going to pick this track".  :)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on November 07, 2013, 03:44:27 PM

A tempting alternative would go along the lines "Wow, an elephant-shaped lake! I am definitely going to pick this track".  :)

Sure. Penis shaped tracks are already boring. :D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I'm usually busy around Xmas time and from 22nd, I'll be with my girlfriend, so my participation is questionable. My Stunts activity will be focused on reaching the 4th spot overall at ZakStunts. Well, and I'm not sure whether I'm in the top8 of the world rankings or not.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 07, 2013, 05:19:49 PM
I'm usually busy around Xmas time and from 22nd, I'll be with my girlfriend, so my participation is questionable. My Stunts activity will be focused on reaching the 4th spot overall at ZakStunts. Well, and I'm not sure whether I'm in the top8 of the world rankings or not.

1, The tournament will be finished before Xmas. If we have a duel against eachother in the first round, you don't have to worry about the time factor. :P (motivating insult)
2, Of course you are in TOP8. And be sure that several pipsqueaks will refuse the participation, because it's my idea. ::)
3, Don't be a crymachine. ;D :P

BonzaiJoe

You're right. That's more likely to be what I'll do.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 07, 2013, 06:09:48 PM

You're right. That's more likely to be what I'll do.

Then I have a track for you!

BonzaiJoe

Great  :D When do we start?

CTG

CTG

So... this year? I have some stock tracks for that.