News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 149 - Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, November 07, 2013, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 11, 2013, 08:52:30 AM
If I wanted to cheat, I would never ask about its "legal status".
That's not necessarily true, and you, as an attorney, should realize why.
To have this as a proof you were not cheating is not valid, as it proofs nothing. It just generates a false feeling of trust based on a false confession.

Anyway, Car modifications are strictly forbidden by Zak's rules, so I would consider the speedometer cheating.
As per track mirroring, I think of it being "at least" immoral, for as it is not forbidden by rules it cannot be labelled as "illegal".
Key remapping is ok
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on December 11, 2013, 02:52:38 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 11, 2013, 08:52:30 AM
If I wanted to cheat, I would never ask about its "legal status".
That's not necessarily true, and you, as an attorney, should realize why.
To have this as a proof you were not cheating is not valid, as it proofs nothing. It just generates a false feeling of trust based on a false confession.

Attorney... bah. My brain is still working as a researcher / chemical engineer. About your opinion: what should I do now? How do you know that I haven't used this aid since I have CarBlaster or Stressed? Since I'm far the most unfair person in the community (or at least from the revealed liars... khm...), you won't believe what I say. And even if I use this patch, nobody will be able to detect it, since the modification had no effect on the car's performance. So... whatever. I consider it as a visual aid, just like a mirror or little crosses drawn on the border of track field squares.

Quote from: Chulk on December 11, 2013, 02:52:38 PM
As per track mirroring, I think of it being "at least" immoral, for as it is not forbidden by rules it cannot be labelled as "illegal".
Key remapping is ok

Not track mirroring, but SCREEN MIRRORING, combined with keyboard remapping.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 11, 2013, 02:59:16 PM
How do you know that I haven't used this aid since I have CarBlaster or Stressed?
We don't. It's a trust based system so it's a moral call for you to make.

And even if I use this patch, nobody will be able to detect it, since the modification had no effect on the car's performance.
True, I guess a video is the only believable proof but we cannot demand it so, again, it's a moral issue.

Not track mirroring, but SCREEN MIRRORING, combined with keyboard remapping.
That's what I meant, sorry.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

It reminds me a bit on Mingva's "discovery" about advanced RH, although this one has a lot smaller impact. Since we can't avoid the usage, it should be legalized.

dreadnaut

Time to get proper doping on the track. It can't be avoided! :D

alanrotoi

CTG

CTG

CTG

As a "happy end", I could mirror a replay completed on a mirrored track - in hexeditor. The hardest part was to set the car to the middle of the road after 2.5-3.0 seconds. After that... well... 30 minutes driving (all the lefts completed over 170 mph), 10 minutes of editing. I won't send that replay, although it's under 1:05.

kidding