News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dover Island

Started by zaqrack, October 19, 2002, 11:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Archived from the old forum:

Dover Island

Here you can write your comments and votes on Dover Island

ZakKrack
Stunts expert
(10/19/02 5:33:23 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Dover Island

Altough this track is generally speedy, and there are just a few stunts track elements, you must still concentrate or/and do heavy braking at some parts, but there are also fast and really jumpy sections. So there together give a very varied, fast, but hard track, which I enjoy much. Because of the many jumps, the track is more enjoyabkle with manual trm, so let's say 4 for auto feeling.
Indy feeling, auto trm.: 4
Indy feeling, manual trm.: 5

From the overview you can truly feel the island feeling, hilly and flat parts over the sea, nice. hile driving, it's also great to see the big canyons, or watch the sea from the top of a jump. But I didn't like those few scenery elements there were. Badly placed a bit.
Scenery: 4

From the view of the competition, the length is a little bit too long (4), shortcuts are well blocked, so that pipsqueaks don't feel this is here just for blocking (5), and the overall speed is nice too. (5)
Competition score: 5

Alltogether 27 out of 30 points, this is truly one of the best competition tracks. 5

Mingva
Stunts fanatic
(10/19/02 6:29:24 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Paradise in Dover island

Well, when I saw map of the track, I thought: hmm, maybe 3 points I'll give, nothing special, seems very long. But when I begun to race with Jaguar, was crazy look on my face and one question on my mind - who designed this track? It seems that designer knows how 'B' tracks should looks like. Next few times I raced with Indy just for fun (and crashed sometimes after BIG jumps). Wasn't any matter to race with slow car. This track almost perfect

Advantages: big jumps, speed, shortcuts, fun;
Disadvantages: -

Not needed or what to change:
- 2nd up/down cork (I hate it).

There's my vote:
Fun and Interest - 3 from 3
Length and Layout - 3 from 3
Terrain and Scenery - 3 from 3

So, my overal vote for Dover is 5

al il professore
Stunts addict
(10/19/02 6:50:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: Paradise in Dover island

I dont like it at all... I dont like when u must stay on the track all the time. I like the chess games. (thinking about the shortcuts)

1. For the hard work it demanded.

Mingva
Stunts fanatic
(10/19/02 7:00:59 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
shortcuts on Dover

ha ha, Alain cann't find shortcuts

Drive a little more, or ask my rpl

Akoss Poo

It would have been an awesome track without the up/down corkscrew part. Apart from that everything about this track is great. I'm going to give 4.

CTG

Aaaah, yes! This is my favorite one! Quite strange for me but very enjoyable! Mark: 4

CTG

...it's not more than a track with attractive scenery. I tried it and I could enjoy it. But it's very-very nice! Summary- 3

Anonymous

Good track
Good terrain
Good competition compatibility
Decent length

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

I hope there isn't Gilligan here.... ok wasn't funny ... the critic:
Terrain: 4
Lenght: 5
Fun: 5
*Indy: 5
*P962: 4
*Lancia: 5
Competition: 5
At least in this track there isn't a solitary island, near the main. :D
So 5 Points to this track! One of the best too!

*They are the best cars for me:Porsche 962 (the best), Indy and Lancia...

Krys TOFF

Ah, that's my favorite ! :D
Too long for slow cars, but driveable without problem.
Excellent with indy.
Can be good with ISA rules too.
A big 5, just because i can't say 6 ! :mrgreen:

CTG

Yes, its quite good, but its only 4 pts for me.

Argammon

+nice terain
-not hard enough

rating: 3

CTG

Very good!!! Favorite one with great scenery. 5 points

Usrin

Nice, but a little bit boring. For me, it wouldn't be enough for a month. That's the only mistake, so...

...my vote is 4.

(Alain, if you like chess games, let's go to Keleti pu, and pull for Fat Man!)  :D
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

alanrotoi

Answers[/u]
Quote from: "Zak"From the view of the competition, the length is a little bit too long (4), shortcuts are well blocked, so that pipsqueaks don't feel this is here just for blocking (5), and the overall speed is nice too. (5)

:arrow: I tried to make the feeling of a "real" scenary, its a bit important to make more enjoyable the race.

:arrow: The shortcuts are well blocked but not at all. Actually I did a 1:20.95, so there is a way for the shortcuts lovers :) (I saved the replay)

:arrow: It isn't a bit long track if you don't use a INDY with ISA rules or not.

Mings wrote:
Quote2nd up/down cork (I hate it).

:idea: You can use power gear and land safely over the elevated road and slow down and turn the corner and you'll safe too :D

Mings wrote:
QuoteIt seems that designer knows how 'B' tracks should looks like.

:arrow: Thanks a lot!!!

Alain wrote:
QuoteI dont like when u must stay on the track all the time. I like the chess games. (thinking about the shortcuts) 1. For the hard work it demanded.

:arrow: It's very tricky... Thanks anyway for voting  :evil:  :lol:

CTG wrote:
QuoteAaaah, yes! This is my favorite one!

:arrow: Thank you very much!!!

Akoss Poi Wrote:
QuoteIt would have been an awesome track without the up/down corkscrew part.

:idea: You can use power gear jumping over the two corks and land safely over the elevated road and slow down and turn the corner and you'll safe too :D

Krys Wrote:
QuoteAh, that's my favorite !  A big 5, just because i can't say 6 !

:arrow: merci beaucoup!!!!

Usrin Wrote:
QuoteNice, but a little bit boring.

Maybe because I raced a lot of times, but I agree :D

Thank you all for voting!