News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZakStunts 9.0

Started by dreadnaut, January 11, 2014, 06:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 17, 2014, 01:38:25 PM
How it works now:
  • "Time's up" appears on the 1st of the month, after a deadline, and the home page points to the results of the race just over
  • the new track appears on the home page when it's ready, but not earlier than the 2nd day of the month; once the track is visible, replays can be sent
  • leading time calculations start on the 4th of the month (cfr. rules)
That is perfectly fine. Please ignore my suggestion - when I made it I had not realized that the temporary hiccup in the latest update was, well, temporary   :)

RacerBG

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 16, 2014, 05:38:14 PM
Quote from: RacerBG on March 16, 2014, 05:25:48 PMBut the "Chat" link at the "Info" section gives me an error:

I had forgot about that ::)  Should be working now!

Now it's fine and goes to AJAX Chat. :) That's why someone is needed to test all the links on the site. 8) But I guess that further improvments will be far, far away...

EDITED: "Hide Guide Menu" does nothing (when you are not logged in). I think that this button is useless anyway, you can remove it if you wish.

Anyway the new design looks amazing compared to version 8.0.
Stunts full crazy man with top perfomance from backwards!

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

After so many useless site 'developments', the most useful one should also be done. It would be good to see the times sent in the quiet days automatically appearing on the scoreboard after the deadline...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

zaqrack

Quote from: Akoss Poo on April 01, 2014, 08:34:32 AM
After so many useless site 'developments', the most useful one should also be done. It would be good to see the times sent in the quiet days automatically appearing on the scoreboard after the deadline...

Dreadnaut could you please trigger this based on the timer? I think it should be simple. The only reason it was not yet implemented because I had nothing I could trigger it with :)
UPDATE  `stunts`.`results` SET  `quiet` =  '0' WHERE  `results`.`quiet` =1;

Duplode

I won't complain if Zak and you all agree with this proposal. However, given that we will have to wait for Zak to confirm the scoreboard and publish the new track, the choice seems to be waiting while bored due to knowing the unconfirmed results and waiting while dying of curiosity about hidden times. I lean towards the second option  :)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on April 01, 2014, 06:15:02 PM

I won't complain if Zak and you all agree with this proposal. However, given that we will have to wait for Zak to confirm the scoreboard and publish the new track, the choice seems to be waiting while bored due to knowing the unconfirmed results and waiting while dying of curiosity about hidden times. I lean towards the second option  :)

Unconfirmed results are almost always the final results. I vote for the first option.

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 31, 2014, 05:26:54 PM
Is it possible to bring back the car bonuses table sorted by %?

Alan, I brought it back, but directly on the track page. Does it work the same way? :)

alanrotoi

It works perfect! It is better now, thank you!  :-* :-* :-*

dreadnaut

So... I've fixed the newbie checks which failed with certain dates. This however has brought some changes to the scoreboards as, for example, I was apparently a newbie until last month!

From the code that was already there, and that now behaves as expected, newbies are pipsqueaks that have joined less than 18 months before.

Is this fine? Should we reduce the number of months? (scoreboards are changing anyway :|)  Should we add the option to un-newbie-fy oneself? Or change the rule to something like "a whole season"?

CTG

As for me, newbie scoreboard is a bit useless with such a low number of new pipsqueaks (could have been great in the first 6-8 years of ZakStunts). But if I have to choose, I would say the "whole season" option.

Quote from: CTG on January 31, 2014, 10:10:24 AM
Although the newbie scoreboard did not work properly, here are the results of 2013:

12+12+12+11+12+12+11+12+12+12+12+12= 142 pts for dreadnaut
00+00+00+12+11+00+12+00+00+00+00+00= 35 pts for Miro
00+00+00+10+10+00+00+00+00+00+00+00= 20 pts for Mr. P.C.
11+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00= 11 pts for Goyo
00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+00+11= 11 pts for Kalifa

I guess from now dreadnaut shouldn't be considered as newbie. And a suggestion: newbie status should be based on the number of races ever completed - if somebody has less than 8/10/12 completed races at the beginning of the season, he should be included in the newbie scoreboard for the whole year.

dreadnaut

While I try to make the newbie thingy properly, here's something for you to think about:

? if I were to reorder the side menu, and optionally move it, what structure would make sense?

What could be hidden in a sub-menu, what should be always visible? And what about this? :)

alanrotoi

I guess Forum should have a preference status in the menu after current/this year stats on zakstunts.

What do you think about this: Every replay submitted on zak's it will instantly posted on an official stunts or zakstunts twitter account.

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 16, 2014, 06:15:14 PMWhat do you think about this: Every replay submitted on zak's it will instantly posted on an official stunts or zakstunts twitter account.
I'm not a twitter-person, but if people are interested and Zak creates an account, automated tweets can probably be done.

alanrotoi

I mean, the most important we need in this community is advertising. If 4dsl had more than one hundred of pipsqueaks every season was because the big advertising.

If we advertise in the popular social networks like twitter, facebook, etc., we will reach more people.
I created last year Stunts Community group in facebook. I'll give it to you if you want to make these "autoposts" or use it a way to advertise our community.

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 16, 2014, 09:36:27 PM
I created last year Stunts Community group in facebook. I'll give it to you if you want to make these "autoposts" or use it a way to advertise our community.
Doing stuff with Facebook is more complicated, I'll avoid that :P

edit:
Quote from: alanrotoi on April 16, 2014, 06:15:14 PM
I guess Forum should have a preference status in the menu after current/this year stats on zakstunts
What if the right column of the page gained a 'Forum' section, a bit like the mobile forum page?