News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

I'm on TV

Started by zaqrack, January 16, 2014, 02:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Now with Lise being famous, let's see how many of us were on TV!

As for me, I was three times on TV, though only twice talking.

- First when I was 7 and my classmate was featured in the famous "Három Kívánság" (Three wishes) show. He had a stupid wish though.
- Second I was 12 and I was interviewed (yay!) as a member of the first Hungarian field hockey team. Not even my own parents could understand what I was saying because I got my teeth braces installed a week before.
- Third I was 22 and my father was playing in the "Do you want't to be a millionaire" show. I was the relative who accompanied him to the show and had an awkward greeting :)

Plus a number of unplanned appearances as background, member of crowd, etc.
So overall nothing I can be proud of :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

As far as I remember, I was on TV twice.

First in 2007, when we were interviewed on Hegyalja Fesztivál by ?Duna TV. It was then broadcast in a programme.

Second, it was last Saturday in the RTL Klub news programme, when we were in Bánkút and they made a programme about how much the ski centre there is missing the snow... http://rtlklub.hu/hirek/belfold/video/234143 - between 1:22 and 1:25 (Ildi and Lupuszka can also be seen.)

I have no information whether a video camera has ever caught me on a football/ice hockey match.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Chulk

I was on the media only twice. Fisrt as a 10yo boy playing in Los Hornos (my neighbourhood) boys team "Defensores de Los Hornos" as nobody expected a thing from us and 2 rounds before the end we were fighting for the title with the big fish (finished 2º and got the promotion!).
Second was a short radio interview while I was walking on the street about Gimnasia's performance in the local league, what I liked and disliked about it, back in 2003 or 2004.

Quote from: zaqrack on January 16, 2014, 02:58:45 PM
Now with Lise being famous
What do you mean?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

I was twice too.

1st: 1998, Magic Kids channel. There was a very popular tv program about games called "Nivel X" and they managed a monthly Daytona USA competition. The second competition was in the "arcade house" (I don't know the english name) I usualy went so I participed and won. They showed the competition on tv but not live. Then the winner always was called to make some reports about the game that will be showed in the program the next week. Some days later the producers called me and we filmed the reports in the Buenos Aires Design arcade house Playland (today is a HardRock cafe).

As far as I remember we did 3 or 4 reports that were showed on tv the whole week.

2nd: 1999, TyC Sports. There was another Daytona USA competition called "1er Megacampeonato de Daytona USA" by the biggest arcade house with many branches in the country. There was a competition in each of them and the winners played a semi-final and final matches here in Buenos Aires. BTW I won the local and the national competition but it was filmed by the racing tv program "Carburando" (they show real racing competitions but this time they went for virtual). The same guy who tells the real races commented the final race (20 laps on Advanced track). Also some parts of the races were on radio too (the guy in the sticker is Mario Pergolini a known radio showman). My brother recorded a part from the final race but I wasn't in a good position because I crashed with a wall some seconds before. :D

I lost the 3 pictures I had of this day. The best of them was when they made me an interview after winning and I had a blond girl at my right and a brunette girl at my left just like real pipsqueak :D

My nick was "El Chocón" that means something like "they one who collides or hits cars a lot". Remember in this game you can hit opponent cars to make them crash and you stay safe :D That's the meaning, so people laughed when they called me :D.

alanrotoi

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

BonzaiJoe

Oh, I didn't know you could watch it online. It's about H&M claiming to use "plus size" models, but they are actually thin and extremely pretty. Lise argues that it's a further insult still to feel 'abnormal' even compared to models that are apparently already 'outside the norm' in terms of weight.
She's probably not comfortable at all being on TV. I think that's why she's blinking so much.
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

I think Rotoi is the biggest star so far.

I don't remember being on TV except when I was kid and there was a game show where people had to guess the word that some kids were trying to describe. I had to describe a pirate ship and one other thing I don't recall. It must have been 1992 or something.
I was cast as a panel member for a TV show last year, but the concept was never sold.

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on January 17, 2014, 12:19:22 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on January 16, 2014, 08:27:21 PMDon't you see Danish TV? :D
http://go.tv2.dk/kropogsundhed/2014-01-13-debat-derfor-er-%E2%80%9Dstore%E2%80%9D-hm-modeller-i-orden
I see. I imagined her voice would be "sweeter". She blinks a lot, BTW.

Defending her voice a bit: it's hard to speak "sweet" in Danish (quite an awful language, sorry... German and Hungarian too :D). Btw she lost quite a lot of weight since 2006 and seems to be even prettier than before. And the blinking... well... it's cute. :D

BonzaiJoe

I think she will take it as a compliment that you don't think she has a "sweet" voice, because "sweet" is exactly one of those adjectives that men use about women to keep women out of power.

zaqrack

I think Rotoi also wins the "whose relative appears most on TV" competition :)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=maximiliano%20sbarbi%20osuna&sm=3

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 17, 2014, 11:41:39 AM
I think she will take it as a compliment that you don't think she has a "sweet" voice, because "sweet" is exactly one of those adjectives that men use about women to keep women out of power.

I think calling a woman "sweet" has nothing to do with male chauvinism. Actually, Lise is SWEET. ;D

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on January 17, 2014, 03:28:25 PM
I think Rotoi also wins the "whose relative appears most on TV" competition :)

My cousin (chick) used to be the hostess of Keno lottery in the early '00s... :D

CTG

Btw CTG in the media:

Television:
- 2000? 2001? Our school was introduced in an educational TV program (MTV1), including a short scene with our class (Akoss, Usrin also appeared for the same short flash). Arzsi was casted for "Atta" parody.
- Summer of 2003, news (several TV channels: MTV1, RTL Klub, TV2 + newspaper picture), ~100 people protesting against a waste incineration plant, standing in the background.

Advertisement:
- 2011, a 5 seconds "long" scene in the (non-public, business use only) image film of our company. I had to act working with an analytical instrument... :D

Radio:
- A short interview in the local radio channel of Györ after winning a chemistry contest in March 1996.
- Edit: same radio station, 2000 and 2001, calling the quiz game, winning two books with that. :D

Newspaper:
- 3 or 4 articles with my picture, about 10 with my name in the local newspaper of western Hungary - mainly in context with other competitions.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

My mother sent some pictures of our cat, Maszat and wrote a letter to a Hungarian cat magazine. A bit later, a 2 page long, big article was published in this magazine with the story and some of the pictures.  ;D
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km