News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cars and bonuses for 2014

Started by CTG, September 27, 2013, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which custom cars would you like to see in ZakStunts 2014?

Ferrari F40
5 (35.7%)
Lotus Esprit Turbo SE
4 (28.6%)
LWT ZR1-GT3 Mark II
3 (21.4%)
McLaren Honda MP4/4
3 (21.4%)
Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R
3 (21.4%)
Melange XGT-88
9 (64.3%)
Porsche 911 Turbo 964 3.3
1 (7.1%)
Speedgate XSD
5 (35.7%)
Superkart
0 (0%)
Toyota Corolla AE92 GTi
1 (7.1%)
Toyota Sprinter Trueno
0 (0%)
Xylocaine XF
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

CTG

Helmut and Friker won't like it. :D

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on November 14, 2013, 11:50:29 AM
A proposition to favor fast cars (without addiitonal analysis done yet): what if we would add as a rule, that the car coefficient bonus cannot drop below zero?

Two concerns, raised without thinking much about them:

• In effect, negative bonus variations would be capped. If so, how would we distribute the variations to avoid coefficient drift? (As you know, currently the sum of bonus reductions for podium cars is equal to the sum of bonus increases for the other cars.)
  • If Indy races keep happening when the bonus is around 5% (7% at Z135; the odds are good for a Z149 Indy race at 4%) we might end up with four Indy races a year.

zaqrack

Quote from: Duplode on November 19, 2013, 03:07:22 PM
In effect, negative bonus variations would be capped. If so, how would we distribute the variations to avoid coefficient drift? (As you know, currently the sum of bonus reductions for podium cars is equal to the sum of bonus increases for the other cars.)
True, but I don't think the impact would be too severe as apart from a few very fast cars bonuses rarely drop way beyond zero.
Quote from: Duplode on November 19, 2013, 03:07:22 PM
If Indy races keep happening when the bonus is around 5% (7% at Z135; the odds are good for a Z149 Indy race at 4%) we might end up with four Indy races a year.
Could we perhaps balance this by raising the overall value of bonus coefficients distributed? If slow cars have a higher bonus, the Indy would need to reach around 8-10% which secures a healthy rotation.
After all the current total sum of coefficients was not based on any scientific study - just the outcome of a thorough test I did the first time the bonuses were introduced.

CTG

zaqrack

a shame :( Also probably no rule changes.

zaqrack

Car usage for coefficients update is based only on the top6 of the scoreboard, not the top12. This is the only change for the 2014 rules right now. No new cars in this season.

To be decided before end of January (please express your view)

- Should we drop Endurance Bonus completely?
- any other proposed changes that affect the seasonal scoring?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Something with the LTB... or at least to get a point even if RB leaves us only 1 hour of leading...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

zaqrack

dreadnaut

Optional public replays to attract newbies!

If people like the idea, I'm ready to code it somewhere :)

Friker

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 05, 2014, 12:26:00 AM
Optional public replays to attract newbies!

If people like the idea, I'm ready to code it somewhere :)

i like it :)

zaqrack