News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

[in development]2000 Buick LeSabre Custom

Started by Joe_Stallin, March 21, 2014, 03:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe_Stallin

Yes, that's right... I'm making a car for Stunts BB1.1 from my own personal car, the white 2000 LeSabre Custom.

I have been making the in-game model from the Audi Quattro since its kind of the same. The car will only be available in white for now.

The engine is a 3.8L V6 GM 3800 series II; I have mostly tried to emulate the end one as much as possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what program I can deeply edit the car? Car Blaster doesn't work with BB1.1 cars from what I have tried.

CTG

Quote from: Joe_Stallin on March 21, 2014, 03:15:10 PM
Yes, that's right... I'm making a car for Stunts BB1.1 from my own personal car, the white 2000 LeSabre Custom.

I have been making the in-game model from the Audi Quattro since its kind of the same. The car will only be available in white for now.

The engine is a 3.8L V6 GM 3800 series II; I have mostly tried to emulate the end one as much as possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what program I can deeply edit the car? Car Blaster doesn't work with BB1.1 cars from what I have tried.

For 3D model + dashboard: Stressed. CarBlaster should work with BB1.1 (if you have the original car files in that directory) - if not, you can also use Stressed for that purpose.

See: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=2224.0

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on March 21, 2014, 03:39:19 PM
For 3D model + dashboard: Stressed. CarBlaster should work with BB1.1 (if you have the original car files in that directory) - if not, you can also use Stressed for that purpose.

See: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=2224.0

Expanding a bit on the topic of CarBlaster: the only file it actually needs to modify to change performance data and captions is the CAR*.RES; the checks it does for the existence of the other files are completely unnecessary. That is why CTG's suggestion (i.e. copying the original car files to some other folder, running CarBlaster there and then copying the CAR*.RES back) works. You can even circumvent CarBlaster's checks by opening one of the original cars and then switching to the custom car using the F9/F10 shortcuts. That, however, can be annoying, as if you have replaced any of the original graphics (*.P3S/*.PVS) for custom ones (*.3SH/*.VSH) CarBlaster will recreate the "missing" *.P3S/*.PVS files when you save, and you will have to delete them.

Joe_Stallin

Thanks for all of the help, I would go more in depth once I finish with the in-game model... this is what I have so far :D

Duplode

Quote from: Joe_Stallin on March 22, 2014, 10:12:05 PM
Thanks for all of the help, I would go more in depth once I finish with the in-game model... this is what I have so far :D

Nice. We do not have a big sedan like this yet.