News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Meetings 2014

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, May 09, 2014, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Since even if I offered a place to hold the 2014 meeting, there will be no world Stunts meeting this year. But local meetings may take place.

A small meeting took place in Miskolc, 24th April, 2014. Usrin and /me were there. We were planning to hike in the Bükk Mountains, talk and drink beer.

Usrin came by train from Budapest.  We met near Tiszai railway station, Miskolc. We quickly found the well-known Retúr Sörözö (Return Ticket Beer Pub), a very cheap pub where it is mandatory to drink an Unicum, since Csaba Péró from ELTE had made his famous announcement that here the Unicum had been even cheaper than in Perkupa. So we started with an Unicum, and we left then. We took bus nr.1 to get to Diósgyör, a district of Miskolc where there gypsy-supported team, Diósgyöri FC plays. In Panda Sörözö, another pub, we had a Hubertus, and we consumed our breakfast by the tables. We were far from noon, so it was no time yet to drink beer (like alcoholists do, according to Usrin), but we bought one per capita. Near the Zoo, the tourist signs appeared on the trees and the hiking trip started.

First we reached Nagy-Ortás-tetö (Big-Ortás Peak). In the forest, it was hard to find a place where the beer could be drunk, since the mosquitos, flies and other flying insects were all around there. But then we found a glade in the forest, it was p.m. time, so we opened our Borsodi beers. Soon some böffs could be heard in the forest. Then we followed our way to a dark cave, Udvar-kö-barlang (Court Stone Cave), which was a good photo theme. We found it not possible to walk deep down on the steep to reach the bottom, because the ground was wet and seemed very slippery. But we had our first shot of pálinka. (I brought home brewed apricot pálinka, which I got from my mother earlier, two deciliters in a small bottle.) From there, the way started to ascend slowly to Csókás, a larger glade in the forest, there is a spring, a cave (disappeared) and some houses, too. It was time to drink another shot of pálinka. We followed our way partly on an asphalt road, we passed by the place where my girlfriend, Ildi fell on the ice in January. The ascent of Magos-kö (High Stone), elevation: 635m was the next climb for us. In a beautiful but steep path, we reached the peak. A nice view of landscape unfolded there. Usrin made a telephone call, while I was writing an sms. Then we took photos and drank the remaining pálinka. The route ascended further on and we reached Örvény-kö (Whirlpool Stone), elevation: 756m, where another good view could be seen. There is a monument of the Hungarian writer, Mór Jókai was well. We had our lunch there and took photos again. This was the highest point of our route. It was time to drink a beer, so we quickly walked down in a scrubby forest on a steep path, sometimes near springs, to reach the Garadna valley. Unfortunately, there was no shop or pub open, though the local train line was working. To relieve this pain, we ate Kvikk Lunsj (=quick lunch), a Norwegian biscuit-chocolate typically made for hiking tourists (even a description of a Norwegian hiking route can be found in each chocolate, 6 in a pack), something like KitKat, Usrin brought it from Norway. The whole hiking route was about 17-18 kms.

We were reading sports news while we were waiting for the bus nr.15. This bus took us to Panda Sörözö, where we got off and had a beer quickly. By bus nr.1., we travelled back to Tiszai raiway station. Again we found ourselves in Retúr Sörözö to have two beers there. We also ate there, Usrin was happy to taste again the classic Hungarian taste of Globus liver paste, but he also had a hamburger. We chatted much there, like all the time this day (about women, beer, farts, böffs, chili beans, Stunts, weather, meteorology, MetNet, he told me a lot of information about Norway, we told each other about our future plans, and we also mentioned some of our recent experiences and stories). But as half past eight came close, it was time for Usrin to go. We shook hands, he caught his train, travelled home. I walked to Búza tér (Wheat Square), caught the coach to Kazincbarcika and I also travelled home.

Overall, it was a very good small Stunts meeting, it was worthy to organize it.

Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/114396453847725660391/20140424BukkMountainsStuntsMeeting?authkey=Gv1sRgCI3R3vGi_IzXxwE
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Thanks for the detailed report. Sounds like a very fine hike. Those views make me envious...
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

sounds like a great meeting with way too much alcohol, but tastes differ. :)
I also miss the mountains :(

Usrin does not age  ;D

CTG

Probably the first Stunts-free Stunts meeting ever... ;D

(Poo is getting fuckin' old.)

alanrotoi

Nice meeting! It's more than a stunts meeting I guess! Congrats!

Chulk and I live about 60km but we never met yet :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on May 09, 2014, 08:42:05 PM

You mean IN THE SAME BODY? ;D (kidding)

Usrin

Akoss Poo, thanks for the summary! The list of the chat topics might be completed with high-heeled shoes (called picsacipö by Poo as we know), that's the only thing I could add.

Quote from: zaqrack
sounds like a great meeting with way too much alcohol

For a whole day, it was really not much. I started to feel slightly drunken only after the last beer, going from Retúr to the train - and it was over 2 hours later when I arrived to Budapest. Nothing comparable to the Stunts meetings when we were singing on Flórián square.
;)

Quote from: zaqrack
Usrin does not age  ;D

Hm, I guess you wouldn't say that if the top of my head was visible in the photos...

Quote from: CTG on May 09, 2014, 03:04:13 PM
Probably the first Stunts-free Stunts meeting ever... ;D

There was a plan for finishing the hike in Kazincbarcika and play Stunts (+eat chili beans) there. But it would have been impossible as the last train to Budapest left from Miskolc at 19.30... thanks to MÁV.
>:(
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

alanrotoi

Quote from: CTG on May 09, 2014, 09:28:19 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on May 09, 2014, 08:42:05 PM

You mean IN THE SAME BODY? ;D (kidding)

You are a whole stunts meeting by yourself. :D Also you raced under the name of real pipsqueaks too, so they are part of you too. :D

CTG

Quote from: alanrotoi on May 10, 2014, 01:23:53 AM
Also you raced under the name of real pipsqueaks

Real one??? You mean the 9:59.95 replays of "Geovani da Silva" and "Mark Nailwood", or something else?

BonzaiJoe

CTG

CTG

BonzaiJoe

Taking your body along to be at a certain place for a certain time period is so demanding because you can't just send your body like a package. The location of your body determines what your senses perceive. And so much in one's everyday life depends on reactions to certain sensory perceptions which are bound to certain locations or other bodies which are likely to be located in certain places. Making a lot of people put their bodies in the same place at the same time, most of them having to deal with considerable transportation cost and -time for the body (during which their sensory perceptions are also suspended with the body which is neither at the first place nor the second place but in transit) is even more demanding.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 14, 2014, 11:23:54 PM
Taking your body along to be at a certain place for a certain time period is so demanding because you can't just send your body like a package. The location of your body determines what your senses perceive. And so much in one's everyday life depends on reactions to certain sensory perceptions which are bound to certain locations or other bodies which are likely to be located in certain places. Making a lot of people put their bodies in the same place at the same time, most of them having to deal with considerable transportation cost and -time for the body (during which their sensory perceptions are also suspended with the body which is neither at the first place nor the second place but in transit) is even more demanding.

A simple 'no' would be a sufficient answer...

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on August 14, 2014, 10:33:36 PM
WSM 2015?

Please don't pollute the Stunts Meetings 2014 forum with offtopic messages!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.