ZakStunts > Permanent Competition

Permanent competition revival

(1/6) > >>

dreadnaut:
I've been looking into automating the permanent competition, and it's not too difficult. The only thing, I think it's a bit... uninteresting: most tracks have already incredible records, probably all driving Indy, stuck there for more than ten years. Then again, there's no information about which cars were used.

So I thought about this:
[*] we archive the current permanent competition
[*] we clear up the scoreboards, and restart with the 6 original tracks
[*] I add automatic upload, and store the replays on the website
[*] these replays are public and downloadable
[*] scoreboards filtered by car
[*] every year, we add a new track!
[/list]

Everyone can of course resubmit their original replays, and they'll start at the top of the scoreboard, but these time the replays will be there for everyone to see :)

CTG:
1, If there's no sign for the car, it was Indy.
2, We should keep the old records. They are strong, but not THAT strong.
3, Closed tracks should stay. ;D
4, No public replays, please!

BonzaiJoe:
Yes, good idea. Let's get rid of the closed tracks. They're completely arbitrary. And let's have public replays. We're too far into the future for secrecy.

CTG:

--- Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 30, 2014, 06:21:04 PM ---They're completely arbitrary.

--- End quote ---

But still, they are part of permanent tracks' history. Would it really disturb you to have a bit more active permanent scoreboards?

dreadnaut:

--- Quote from: CTG on May 30, 2014, 07:26:43 PM ---But still, they are part of permanent tracks' history. Would it really disturb you to have a bit more active permanent scoreboards?
--- End quote ---

They are indeed history, that's why I would archive the whole page. And we can reintroduce them in the future, but I think that a competition starting with 12 tracks would be too "diluted" for the number of pipsqueaks around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version