News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Rare destinations

Started by CTG, October 17, 2014, 02:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 05, 2014, 05:17:44 PM
Today: Romania!

This guy purchased some Hungarian stamps from Debrecen 1919-1920 but used by Romania. It seems they occupied the territory.

They are from the end of WWI and few months later. Did Romania occupied/invaded/obtained by compensation this terrritory? How did Hungary recovered it?

Very briefly: after WWI, the economy of Hungary was in ruins, and the country was sinking deeper and deeper into chaos. Finally the Communists took the power in March 1919 - in a time when there was a large fear of Communism across Europe. Hence WWI winners, including Romania decided to defeat the Hungarian regime. They started a new war against Hungary, and in a few months they occupied even those parts which remained under Hungarian control at the end of WWI. (That might have been the period when this stamp was used.) For 1920 their goal was fulfilled: a right-wing government was established in Budapest, the new leaders signed the peace treaty with WWI winners, granting Transylvania to Romania. So the Romanian forces left the remaining area of Hungary.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

alanrotoi

Thank you! So there may be only few stamps like those.

Rare destination for today: Mumbai, India (12kk people) It's Bombay in Spanish (I didn't know it was the same city xD)

alanrotoi

Yesterday: Ra'anana, Israel  :o

CTG

Shoegazing Leo

Monday: a shawarma was eaten in Curitiba. But this is a new wave here: shawarma (a.k.a. doner kebab or simply kebab).

CTG

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on November 22, 2014, 12:09:14 AM
Monday: a shawarma was eaten in Curitiba. But this is a new wave here: shawarma (a.k.a. doner kebab or simply kebab).

We are too close to Greece/Turkey, this kind of fast food arrived here around 1995.

BonzaiJoe

Well, we are a lot further from Greece and Turkey and it arrived here in 1980.
But we can't be quite sure.

Shoegazing Leo

This food arrived in Brazil on last decade with the syrian and lebanese from Foz do Iguaçu. Then, there is a simple version in São Paulo with bread called "churrasco grego" (greek barbecue).

There is a place here what the owner is a syrian and cookers are egyptians and syrians.

alanrotoi

Past week: Israel and Bolivia!

...and Singapore!

alanrotoi

Last week had the weirdest day ever for this:

Letters to Zambia and another rare country that I don't remember right now.

Edit: The other country is Oman. Zambia and Oman in the same day :D

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 17, 2014, 06:15:24 PM
Last week had the weirdest day ever for this:

Letters to Zambia and another rare country that I don't remember right now.

Edit: The other country is Onan. Zambia and Onan in the same day :D

alanrotoi

Letter to Cyprus! I guess to the Greek side.

alanrotoi

BonzaiJoe

After I die, I'm going to visit every city in the world.
But we can't be quite sure.

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 02, 2015, 11:14:19 AM
After I die, I'm going to visit every city in the world.

Gave me a insight: Travelling Spirit is a good name for an imaginary band.