News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cars and rules for 2015

Started by dreadnaut, December 20, 2014, 01:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

I'd say: F40 and Lotus out, Skyline and Speedgate in.

Although I would love to drive that Subaru :D

BonzaiJoe

I think the big question is: When can we ride JTK's van?
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I'd say: only original cars in 2015.

But if some other cars must remain: I'd vote for Melange in first place, the traditional custom car, then F40, because I like it since my victory with it, Skoda, because it is fun to drive it and GT3, since it is not too bad. So Skoda instead of McLaren and nothing more.
Chürműű! :-)

513.59 km

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 20, 2014, 04:32:29 AM
I think the big question is: When can we ride JTK's van?

Well, I have the 3D shape... ::)

CTG

I think we should rotate the custom cars. We haven't used Xylocaine and Zapper's Porsche 911 so far (the two Toyota cars are way too slow for the competition).

Absolute no for Ford Ranger, Superkart and Nissan Skyline.
Neutral about F40, Lotus, McLaren and GT3.
Supporting Melange, Xylocaine, Speedgate, Porsche 911 and any fast newbies.

I also have some "almost ready" custom vehicles, but the chance for finishing them in the following two weeks is quite low. However, if I find some motivation, one of them can be done (most likely: Dodge Challenger).

dreadnaut

What about public replays in the first half of the month?  It would be newbie friendly and make for more interesting leading time battles.

alanrotoi

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 23, 2014, 12:16:59 PM
What about public replays in the first half of the month?  It would be newbie friendly and make for more interesting leading time battles.

Why not? A great chance for middle class pipsqueaks to earn some LTB points. Top dogs won't show their tricks in the first two weeks.

Good idea. It would make r@cers think whether it is worthy to go for LTB with a very strong and early replay or to hide tricks and win the track. It would make it a lot harder to get all 12+2 pts.

Another idea to keep remaining leading time hours - if someone has 47 leading time hours, I think he would deserve to need only 1 hours to secure his +1 pts.

513.59 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 25, 2014, 05:27:11 PM
Another idea to keep remaining leading time hours - if someone has 47 leading time hours, I think he would deserve to need only 1 hours to secure his +1 pts.

* CTG is supporting this idea.

CTG

Duplode is watching this topic, böff!

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 28, 2014, 09:37:49 PM
Duplode is watching this topic, böff!

Just to add my two cents before the year is over. I have no strong opinions on any of the proposed rule changes. In any case, two weeks of public replays could be an interesting experiment; I'm still not convinced that two week races would work well at this moment; and Akoss' suggestion about LTB, though slightly complicated, sounds like a nice little improvement. (I suppose it would work through a counter that would be reset every time the pipsqueak reached 48 hours of LTB in a race?) As for cars, I would like Melange and F40 to stay, while Lotus might be let go for a while. Bringing Speedgate back would be nice as well, though that might make the pool too biased towards fast cars. And the Challenger would be fun if it existed...

dreadnaut

Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 25, 2014, 05:27:11 PMAnother idea to keep remaining leading time hours - if someone has 47 leading time hours, I think he would deserve to need only 1 hours to secure his +1 pts.

How would this work exactly? Does it carry from one race to the next one? And what if another pipsqueak has 48 hours all in the current race, which one would get the point?

I've got optional public replays working. I'm going to upload the changes after the end of ZCT161 for safety though, stuff might explode as usual :P

And when Zak is back we'll see what he thinks about the 15-days idea.

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 29, 2014, 12:51:59 AM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on December 25, 2014, 05:27:11 PMAnother idea to keep remaining leading time hours - if someone has 47 leading time hours, I think he would deserve to need only 1 hours to secure his +1 pts.

How would this work exactly? Does it carry from one race to the next one? And what if another pipsqueak has 48 hours all in the current race, which one would get the point?

I've got optional public replays working. I'm going to upload the changes after the end of ZCT161 for safety though, stuff might explode as usual :P

And when Zak is back we'll see what he thinks about the 15-days idea.

It would be carried from one race to the next race, until it would be worthy for a point. If one collects 46 hours in four races, it would be carried to the fifth one. Only two hours is needed then, but only if this 48 hours is the second longest leading hour data at present (on the track, including carried times). Of course if this pipsqueak is collecting for example 10 hours, but for the 58 hours isn't worthy for a point, he would carry 58 hours to the sixth track. With this, no leading time would be in vain.

513.59 km

CTG

However, it would not mean a real change if an addict sends a fuckin' strong lap on the first day of the race.