News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

HELLO MY GREAT FRIENDS

Started by Marco, December 31, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco

Hi,
sorry for my english ... first of all super Congrats. I'm from Italy and I found this site today ... it's great to see so many great stunts players in the same competition .  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm from the very old school, begin to play with Pc at the beginning in the early eighties. I have an original copy of Stunts 1.1 (european ver. 4d Sports Driving) that I still use today on a 486dx2 and, in the nineties, I have made a lot of tracks that I still have today (some tracks needed 15 minutes to be completed , without cutting I mean :).

I have checked your competition rules and have seen the replay joes4 and it's difficult for me to accept them ;)) I have always looked for "real life" inside the games so my competition rules are to try to simulate real races... not cut on the grass, no pass through walls or through loops, no save replays to do not waste best sectors laps :)).  As you correctly explained, after a jump you can speed up your car but there's also another "semi random" glitch that could happen after a jump...it's another little bounce that,if happen,it could increase your speed more if still not at the max speed after the first main jump. If there's a long straight after the jump, the 2nd lucky bounce  could really make the difference. Then , if i have to be in a competition, i try to make tracks that reduce the possibility to keep advantage from jumps that basically means to insert a turn close to the jump :)).

Recently I have made a friendly challenge with the Delta on a short track named "HILL" that you can find on my youtube channel  "Marco Plays Dos Games" .
here the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYmfRcizqVc

Here the track
http://www.4shared.com/rar/dBOi1BPUce/STUNTS11-HILL.html

I saw some replays, you are really great players, I would like to see you race with my rules :)))

Thank you my friends

dreadnaut

Hello and welcome!

I tried to download your track, but the 4shared website is a mess of advertisement, log-in and counters -I couldn't get the file. Can you attach the track here on the forum instead? Thanks!

Edit: there, I went tortuous ways and managed to download the HILL track - I've attached it below.

BonzaiJoe

Hello, Marco!

We've had competitions with those rules. The rule about staying on the road is known as "OWOOT" ("One wheel on/over track"), and the rule about not saving or rewinding replays is known as "noRH" ("No replay handling"). It's a bit difficult because there's no way to check if someone is tampering with the replay.

Did we ever have an OWOOT noRH competition? I've forgotten.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Welcome Marco!

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 31, 2014, 05:04:05 PM
Did we ever have an OWOOT noRH competition? I've forgotten.

Sort of. JACStunts was OWOOT+noRH, though it didn't use videos.

dreadnaut

Marco

Ohhh Wow my friends !!! ... thanks for the fast reply !!! So my tag words are "OWOOT+noRH" ?

Is There a championship ???  :))) To match this 2 tags at their best , are necessary particular tracks without too many special jumps and tricks ... basically there's need of F1 tracks :)))

Chulk

Nice to see this topic, and a new pipsqueak too! I'll take a shot at the track tomorrow, (possibly with a strong hangover) as post it here.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Marco

OMG ... when i talk about dos games I forget the day that I'm living for ... Happy New Year my new super stunts great players friends.

CTG

Quote from: Marco on December 31, 2014, 10:36:21 PM
OMG ... when i talk about dos games I forget the day that I'm living for ... Happy New Year my new super stunts great players friends.

Welcome back, Marco!

Marco

Wow my friends ... first time that I see the Speedgate XSD ... What a car !!!

CTG

Quote from: Marco on January 01, 2015, 02:43:26 PM
Wow my friends ... first time that I see the Speedgate XSD ... What a car !!!

Made by another Italian Marco...

Life is full of strange coincidences.

Marco

Mark L. Rivers is italian ?  :)

I tested the car on the Default track ... Wow ...Attached,  It's not a clean run but as first tests ,it sounds very good . 3° gear big turns, 2° gear close turns :))) WOW !!! Very nice way to begin the new year with a stunts gaming session :))). Have you seen my youtube channel? I play all dos games on original hardware. You can find me also on Facebook. Always Marco Plays Dos Games :))

CTG

Quote from: Marco on January 01, 2015, 03:05:08 PM
Mark L. Rivers is italian ?  :)

I tested the car on the Default track ... Wow ...Attached,  It's not a clean run but as first tests ,it sounds very good . 3° gear big turns, 2° gear close turns :))) WOW !!! Very nice way to begin the new year with a stunts gaming session :))). Have you seen my youtube channel? I play all dos games on original hardware. You can find me also on Facebook. Always Marco Plays Dos Games :))

Yes, he said he's Italian.

About Speedgate: you can find a "tutorial" on YouTube, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ50bjSlm6g

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview