News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

HELLO MY GREAT FRIENDS

Started by Marco, December 31, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Well, if you can beat 1.16.05 in the Jaguar XJR9 on the track ZCT59 with noRH (but cuts allowed), you're my new Stunts hero.

Also, there's Default. My record following the road is 1.01.15 (Indy).
But we can't be quite sure.

Marco

OMG ... I downloaded ZCT59 replays ... my friends, you are crazy :)))

Give me a track, give me a noRH, no cuts, no tricks record and I will try to do my best ... But Hurry up, I'm almost 40 and I'm losing reaction time every day:). Some months ago I have challenged the young myself Marco 1993 version with Test Drive 2 the Duel because I have found in a old floppy my 1993 records.I recorded the entire California scenery, I was behind till the last section. That young boy was faster than me but he has no one to challenge so was more conservative in the last sections :))) . Here if you are interested :).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Dp2ObgJGk

BonzaiJoe

Yes, ZCT59's replays are great :-) But we also had a noRH contest on that track, in which the winning time was 1.16. But that was with cuts. The only noRH/no-cuts time I have is Default.

Marco

But "1.01.15" is your NoRH, no Cuts "Default" lap time ?

I saw on youtube the 1.01.65 by masterCTG and I thought that was a Robot to drive the car :). To be honest i have still also to understand how he turned in fifth gear in one turn. I have always used the third for large turns thinking that skid was the limit.       

CTG

Quote from: Marco on January 08, 2015, 04:31:32 PM
1.01.65 by masterCTG

1, It's not noRH. It was done with ~5 minutes of replay handling.
2, Unfortunately it wasn't me. The mysterious Stig drove that lap (see Stunts Top Gear topic).

Marco

Hi CTG, thanks, but I was asking to BonzaiJoe if his 1.01.15 was noRH. Anyway Thanks to have specified about the Stig performance. 

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 07, 2015, 12:46:20 AM

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 07, 2015, 11:55:48 PM
Yes, ZCT59's replays are great :-) But we also had a noRH contest on that track, in which the winning time was 1.16. But that was with cuts. The only noRH/no-cuts time I have is Default.

CTG

Quote from: Marco on January 08, 2015, 05:51:29 PM
Hi CTG, thanks, but I was asking to BonzaiJoe if his 1.01.15 was noRH. Anyway Thanks to have specified about the Stig performance. 

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 07, 2015, 12:46:20 AM

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 07, 2015, 11:55:48 PM

http://wiki.stunts.hu/index.php?title=Default (forget Argammon's claimed noRH record, it's just a big mouth statement from an internet tough guy)

BonzaiJoe

Yes, my record is 1.01.15 without any replay handling or cutting corners.

My official official record is 1.01.70 (it's official because several other members of the community were sitting around me, watching me race).

BonzaiJoe

Oh, the Wiki says it was 1.01.10. I remember it as 1.01.70. The blur of the past..... In any case, it was less than 1.02 and everybody was watching.

BonzaiJoe

What's the trick for doing 56 secs with ISA rules? Can RH really save five seconds on such a track?

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 08, 2015, 10:02:56 PM
What's the trick for doing 56 secs with ISA rules? Can RH really save five seconds on such a track?

Yep. Most of the corners can be completed at ~190 mph.

Marco

WOW !!! That's a super Record ... This probably means that you race comfortable in ? 1.03 or .04? Have you some replays of these NORh records or,if not, it's good also an actual replay to see how you drive on this circuit with the Indy? I saw that you approach the jumps or loop elements with a specify behaviour looking always for the best way because they could be used to increase the performance.  For example I saw that you hit the inside wall at the beginning of the double streets element to jump a bit increasing speed.   I have never played taking care of the elements, I have always been concentrated on turns etc. but i have also seen by your replays that sometimes the behaviour of some cars permits to turn faster with high gear then using a lower gear skiding ... I have always played alone and found some limits that now I'm discovering that are not limits.  About my Hill track, my second lap time was 1.24.95 , the .30 was really good it seems . I'm curious to know what can you do with the Indy on the hill ... I wil try too.

BonzaiJoe

No, I don't drive 1.03-1.04 comfortably. In order to even get below 1.05 on Default noRH, you have to take a lot of risks. If you take all the risks and succeed, you end up at 1.01. You have to: 1. Spin into power gear in the corkscrew and still be able to do the following corner at a high speed. 2. Jump the edge of the boulevard wall. 3. Do the subsequent corner into the chicane at max RPM (4th gear) without breaking. 4. Break late from power gear on the bridge. 5. Do all the corners at high speeds.

I just raced Default noRH for 15 minutes and was unable to even finish a lap. Of course I'm very rusty, but still, it shows the risks you have to take.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who won the 2021 season of ZakStunts?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview