News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

HELLO MY GREAT FRIENDS

Started by Marco, December 31, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2015, 01:39:05 PM
No, I don't drive 1.03-1.04 comfortably. In order to even get below 1.05 on Default noRH, you have to take a lot of risks. If you take all the risks and succeed, you end up at 1.01. You have to: 1. Spin into power gear in the corkscrew and still be able to do the following corner at a high speed. 2. Jump the edge of the boulevard wall. 3. Do the subsequent corner into the chicane at max RPM (4th gear) without breaking. 4. Break late from power gear on the bridge. 5. Do all the corners at high speeds.

I just raced Default noRH for 15 minutes and was unable to even finish a lap. Of course I'm very rusty, but still, it shows the risks you have to take.

Marco, check this topic: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=18.msg50237#msg50237

Marco

Ohhh, Very please to know that Joe :) I have never run so much with the indy so I had no a clear old record on the default. I have always prefered cars slow like the Delta or the Audi. Anyway yesterday I have tried some laps without using the elements , so no spin into power gear and no jump the edge and I set a 1.07.35 thinking that I could lower to 1.06 because of some mistakes but, obviously never reach the a 1.01 .  Anyway I would like to see a replay where you manage the elements at your best so to understand what you have discovered playing Stunts at the max. Anyway for my point of view , if you play Stunts in noRH , has no much sense try to use the elements as power up... prohibit them in a competition it will be much more real life simulation and less frustrating...no fantasy crash on the wall of the last edge after a perfect lap :)))

Thanks CTG I will check soon

Marco

Hi CTG , I saw the post with your 5 trials noRH race on Default. :)))   Very Great !!!

CTG

Quote from: Marco on January 09, 2015, 03:55:02 PM
Hi CTG , I saw the post with your 5 trials noRH race on Default. :)))   Very Great !!!

WSM live races were the same, except one thing: you got a certain penalty after the 3rd, 4th and 5th runs.

BonzaiJoe

I don't quite get the idea of trying to imitate real-life racing. Are we also not allowed to brake in the air then?
The game is called Stunts. Using the elements in creative ways to gain an advantage seems like an obvious idea.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 09, 2015, 04:29:58 PM
Using the elements in creative ways to gain an advantage seems like an obvious idea.

With a certain risk, of course. That's why we have 5 tries in live racing.

Strange, but I have to agree with BJ - does that mean Armageddon is coming?

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: CTG on January 09, 2015, 04:33:31 PM
Using the elements in creative ways to gain an advantage seems like an obvious idea.

Strange, but I have to agree with BJ - does that mean Argammom is coming?

CTG

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on January 09, 2015, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: CTG on January 09, 2015, 04:33:31 PM

Strange, but I have to agree with BJ - does that mean Argammom is coming?

nice game :D

Marco

Ok my friends,  this is almost an oval, the ROK2 track made by my challenger friend of the Hill track . With the Lancia delta, with noRH, without cuts and making correctly the loop ...
look the track ,when you are ready, 5 trials and Tell me your time.

Marco

Brad Gour and Don Mattrick where the kings of the 2d driving simulators of the Accolade.When test drive 3 (3d) came out they were no more working for Accolade and that's probably the reason why TD3 is almost unplayable. But they made Stunts, a very great game and if TD3 had the gameplay of Stunts probably would be remembered as one of the greatest drving simulator instead to be remembered as a great graphics but impossible to drive simulator :).

As correctly said by Joe, The name is Stunts but when Brad and Don created the Loop element, i'm quite sure that they didn't think that the name Stunts was meaning to pass it through the grid as a stargate;). For my point of view, this is not take advantage of an element, this is take advantage of a bug, as to pass through the wall obstacle or jump on the wall edge .
Anyway if everyone decide to pass through the loop stargate is not a so big problem for a competition because it 's the same for everyone. The problem on Stunts, in my opinion, are the Jumps and speed up, because they could have a randomly behavior not always defined by your skills (if I'm wrong correct me). I have attached my record and replay of the ROK2 to show you what I mean, pay attention to the 2nd jump land .

Said that , If many stunts players are enjoying to play a championship with RH, cuts, etc. and I'm the only one "newby" that disagree... it's clear to me too that I'm the wrong one :). So, don't worry , I'm not here trying to disturb or try to change the rules but only share with you my experience and first of all enjoy your super skills .

Marco

Ops, I noticed now that I'm no more a Newby but ... a Stunts Fan !!! That's great !!!

BonzaiJoe

I'm not disagreeing to protest - it's just for the sake of the argument :-)

BonzaiJoe

I just did a 5-attempt live race on Default with the following result:

crash
crash

I've attached the 1.04.70, and you can see there's lots of room for improvement. I don't attempt the corkscrew PG-spin because it's too risky for only 5 attempts.

Marco

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 10, 2015, 12:11:58 PM
I'm not disagreeing to protest - it's just for the sake of the argument :-)

Let me add :" Happiness real only when shared (Cristopher McCandless) :)".

CTG video used the outiside replay camera and also the pc speaker so I could not check the initial accelleration . The best accelleration is difficult to achieve playing alone infact I think that I have to learn from you for all the cars :) . As told you in the previous posts , I have never run so much with the fast cars so looking at the CTG video about the Speedcar , I thought that also for the fast Indy was good to do not reach the rpm limit . I changed gear at 10000 rpm and, compare to your 12000, I found that I  lost almost an half second in the first part. Another thing that I have never noticed was the super speedup at the last jump inserting the fifth gear before to jump ...
Basically I lowered my lap time at 1.05.75 (attached). Almost 1.5 seconds better than the previous  1.07.30 but only 1.5 seconds doesnìt satisfied me considering that I have also jump on the edge in the last one. Why "only" 1.5 ... well surely there are a lot of things to do better but I have also noticed that I'm not confident with the 4° gear turns. I'm better using the 3°. Surely I'm worse than you  but I'm better than me with the 4°. I will try again but probably I'm too old or maybe I'm no good as you to run 3 of 5 races at 1.05 in this life ... :°( :))))))

CTG

OFF topic: it seems the Forum re-vived for a while - what about organized chat evenings (once a week)?

For those who don't know about it: http://forum.stunts.hu/chat . Usually it's empty.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview