News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

HELLO MY GREAT FRIENDS

Started by Marco, December 31, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Chulk

Quote from: Marco on February 09, 2015, 05:57:26 PM
I would like a campioship in which you can race only 1 hour every week or every 2 weeks ... fast result, obviously no cut, no replay handling, no trick
Live races are not far from this, you'll love them (if we eventually organize one and you take part)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Marco

Hermann Paul Müller,  250 Motorcycle champion of the world , 46 years old.     -  1955

Hey, i want to return back to the fifties !!!

P.S. YEAH,  live race Chulk !!! :))) 

CTG

Marco

CTG

Marco

I saw the site but I still have to check the details but

,tell me,
what are the rules regarding rh and cut?

CTG

Quote from: Marco on February 23, 2015, 02:20:33 PM
I saw the site but I still have to check the details but

,tell me,
what are the rules regarding rh and cut?

Everything is allowed, except gangbang and cocaine usage.

zaqrack

Marco, some history: There were several attempts on no-cut Stunts championships. We call it OWOOT (one wheel on/over the track). The name implies the main rule: at least one of the car's wheels must stay on or over the road. There are two variations:

• If ON the road, we speak about strict OWOOT and you cannot cut a corkscrew, you must drive it normally.
  • If OVER the read, that is non-strict OWOOT, and you may apply shortcuts as long you do not leave the track.

Such competitions were popular around 2002-2004 and I enjoyed them a lot myself as well. The problem: the manager must carefully check EACH AND EVERY submitted replay from start to finish by hand to verify whether the pipsqueak was complying with the rules. This takes an incredible amount of time.

NORH competitions were also attempted, but only on a per event basis, as you can simply not exclude the possibility of anyone cheating and using RH. There are two main ways used to reduce risk:

• Apply a strict time limit so pipsqueaks do not have time to apply too much RH. We use this during live races - unfortunately it is hard to gather pipsqueaks for a live race, so it is a rare event nowadays.
  • Perform a recording with Dosbox to show there was no interruption during driving - again, it is time demanding to check all videos one by one, and there is also the problem of storage (though now we have YouTube so it should not be an issue. Still anyone can carefully edit the video to remove the proof of RH.

As there is no way to prevent cheating in either of the above aspects, and managers have limited time, competitions allow RH and cuts as a generic rule to establish a fair race.

That said:
now that we have two weeks of public replays every month at ZakStunts, it would be completely OK with me, to add a checkbox at the replay upload form so pipsqueaks can indicate whether they have raced with RH and/or no OWOOT. If the checkbox was set, a small icon appears on the scoreboard next to the entry indicating the OWOOT / noRH time. We can also code a rule for OWOOT and noRH replays to be publicized always, any time during a race.

So at least you can compare yourself against others, and we have the power of publicity to verify whether OWOOT rules were properly used. Sure, no way to prevent RH, so noRH replays would be still on a voluntary basis. But if we can live with the occasional cheaters and accusations without a reason, this is an easy to add feature that may bring more fun to all of us.
What do you all think?

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 23, 2015, 03:01:22 PM
it would be completely OK with me, to add a checkbox at the replay upload form so pipsqueaks can indicate whether they have raced with RH and/or no OWOOT. If the checkbox was set, a small icon appears on the scoreboard next to the entry indicating the OWOOT / noRH time. We can also code a rule for OWOOT and noRH replays to be publicized always, any time during a race.

So at least you can compare yourself against others, and we have the power of publicity to verify whether OWOOT rules were properly used. Sure, no way to prevent RH, so noRH replays would be still on a voluntary basis. But if we can live with the occasional cheaters and accusations without a reason, this is an easy to add feature that may bring more fun to all of us.
What do you all think?

NoRH is not my cup of tea and I don't really care, so why not? However, except some cheated replays from me. :D

zaqrack

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 23, 2015, 03:24:31 PM
Oh, you would be banned, don't worry.  :P

Do you mean all of my accounts? :D

I have many online chicks in the pocket who can be utilized as replay senders. Not only in Hungary...

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on February 23, 2015, 03:53:45 PM
Quote from: zaqrack on February 23, 2015, 03:24:31 PM
Oh, you would be banned, don't worry.  :P

Do you mean all of my accounts? :D

I have many online chicks in the pocket who can be utilized as replay senders. Not only in Hungary...

Congratulations. Maybe we should rather set up a separate league for you, your ghosts and your chicks. :P
Oh I don't have to, you got USC for that. 

Marco

Thanks My friends . Zak, your point is very clear and as I told you in some previous posts ... if you are here since early 21 century, something is not simply working fine but ...perfectly !!!
I really appreciate that you take care of me as a newby that maybe will survive  few races but that I'm so superb to talk about rules before to play :))). Infact I have already changed my opinion on some points.
For example, at the beginning, before the first race, I thought that you were using these rules because they were easyer.
After see your first replays I changed my opinion :))). Today I no more  think that with my "real life rules" I would be in a better position ...  to be honest I think that replay handling helped me.

Anyway, because I don't know this world, when you have talked about a new championship USC , It was normally for me to ask about the rules. Also if I am a newby here, I know that ... same rules, same pipsqueaks... same results...only different tracks :)))

I'm too old and too busy to race 2 similar championship while,with only one and less effort, I can have the same super friends.:)

About the  "one tire on road replay check" you are right but I think that everyone would verify the replay of the player in front of him . Today Who is checking every replay to see if you are using an half replay by Duplode, CTG, etc.etc. (I'm not refering obviously to the fastest one, it's enough the 6th or the 7th replay because they are already in the first positions:)) .

When you are very young, you try everything legal or not legal to win ... The problem is not how but it's win .
After 20 years old the problem begins to become how :)) after 30, how to return to 20 ...and after 40, always how to return to 20 ...

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on February 23, 2015, 03:01:22 PM
now that we have two weeks of public replays every month at ZakStunts, it would be completely OK with me, to add a checkbox at the replay upload form so pipsqueaks can indicate whether they have raced with RH and/or no OWOOT. If the checkbox was set, a small icon appears on the scoreboard next to the entry indicating the OWOOT / noRH time. We can also code a rule for OWOOT and noRH replays to be publicized always, any time during a race.

What do you all think?

Enthusiastic approval! 8)

Quote from: Marco on February 23, 2015, 06:27:41 PM
Anyway, because I don't know this world, when you have talked about a new championship USC , It was normally for me to ask about the rules. Also if I am a newby here, I know that ... same rules, same pipsqueaks... same results...only different tracks :)))

One more historical note: Modern USC differs from ZSC mainly in that all replays are public and there is a single fixed car per race. Multi-car races are a innovation introduced by ZakStunts in 2008. Public replays, on the other hand, became a thing with the latest relaunch of USC, and made their way into ZakStunts this year. (BTW, historical question: were there any earlier competitions with mandatory public replays?)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who won the 2021 season of ZakStunts?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview