News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2015

Started by CTG, January 01, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 24, 2015, 11:11:20 AM
Hope you can stay in the elite division until 2018 when the World Championship will be held in Denmark...

It has been announced that a 4-team tournament (Euro Ice Hockey Challenge, see http://www.eihc.eu/view/eihc/eihc-2015-2016 ) will be played this November in Stavanger. Participants: Denmark, France, Hungary, Norway. I'm not extremely interested in ice hockey, but I shouldn't miss that!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Usrin on June 03, 2015, 02:31:35 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 24, 2015, 11:11:20 AM
Hope you can stay in the elite division until 2018 when the World Championship will be held in Denmark...

It has been announced that a 4-team tournament (Euro Ice Hockey Challenge, see http://www.eihc.eu/view/eihc/eihc-2015-2016 ) will be played this November in Stavanger. Participants: Denmark, France, Hungary, Norway. I'm not extremely interested in ice hockey, but I shouldn't miss that!

I know, and that seems to be a good tournament. Hungary a kinda the bogey team for the Norwegians, I'm looking forward to that match.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Chris Froome is the new Armstrong. Now I cheer for everybody who is not Froome or Thomas (his teammate, also ultra-doped).

Go Quintana, Valverde, Contador, Frank, Gesink, Mollema, Sánchez, Fuglsang, Rodríguez, Kreuziger, Majka etc. ... and especially Nibali!

BÖFF!!!

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Wow, great ride from Quintana today (and Pinot). It's too bad he lost minutes on the early flat stages. Where are the Hungarian cyclists, by the way?
But we can't be quite sure.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 25, 2015, 05:26:11 PM
Wow, great ride from Quintana today (and Pinot). It's too bad he lost minutes on the early flat stages. Where are the Hungarian cyclists, by the way?

Yes, great ride from them! It's a pity that Quintana lost time in the Pyrenees and on an easy stage earlier. Bad luck on the last day for Nibali and Frank. Thomas finally run out of medication! But still, Froome won... but he was at least insulted with urine and spit...

In Hungary professional cycling is not a very popular sport. László Bodrogi find his wife in France, where he trained and had his teams... changed nationality, settled there and retired. He was by far far the best Hungarian rider ever seen. No new Bodrogis on the track at the moment, unfortunately.

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

To be fair, Chris Froome only had one Armstrong moment in this tour (Stage 10). The rest of the time, I always had a feeling that he could be beaten. And in the end, he almost was. He hasn't proven he's the best in the mountains, nor on the time trials or on the road races. He has only proven that he's the most complete grand tour rider right now - the best on average across all terrains.
Still, I was hoping for Quintana to win (and I'd also have preferred Nibali over Froome).

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on July 26, 2015, 04:52:27 PM
To be fair, Chris Froome only had one Armstrong moment in this tour (Stage 10). The rest of the time, I always had a feeling that he could be beaten. And in the end, he almost was. He hasn't proven he's the best in the mountains, nor on the time trials or on the road races. He has only proven that he's the most complete grand tour rider right now - the best on average across all terrains.
Still, I was hoping for Quintana to win (and I'd also have preferred Nibali over Froome).

He has only proven that he is the best on the quasi-meaningless stages (flat stages with crosswind + team time trial etc.). After these, before the mountains, he was in jellow. Quintana, Valverde, Contador, Nibali were all with a serious gap behind him. And then came the Armstongish Stage 10. Then he only has to focus on keeping his lead. And Team Sky was as strong as US Postal had been, even if the tactics were different.

That could have been Quintana's tour... no more Tours with such few individual time trial kilometers...

629.09 km

zaqrack

I completely missed the Tour this year :(

Tour de Hongrie will start next week!

Unfortunately Denmark and Hungary won't be in the same group in the 2016 ice hockey world championship.

Group A: Canada, Finland, USA, Slovakia, Belarus, Germany, France, Hungary.
Group B: Russia, Sweden, Czech Rep., Switzerland, Latvia, Norway, Denmark, Kazakhstan.

Things are also changing in Hungarian hockey. Miskolci Jegesmedvék (=Miskolc Polar Bears), to preserve financial stability, had to adopt the name of the football club of Miskolc, DVTK (Diósgyöri VTK). That led to an interesting situation, since I hate Diósgyör from my childhood. They will probably change the colours from yellow-black to red-white. The peasant supporters of the football club is also going to be imported I think, the people who own a DVTK football season ticket can buy a reduced fee season ticket for the hockey games. (They include gypsies and skinheads, too. Better to keep away from them.) Moreover, the price of the tickets also suffered a ~10% raise...

The Hungarian MOL League will miss Érsekújvár (Nové Zámky, a town with a significant Hungarian minority in present Slovakia), since the Slovakian federation did not let the club play in Hungary this year (there is a new president unfortunately).

The Hungarian federation forced the league to adopt the two new teams, MAC Budapest and Fehérvár II. This was a logical decision since they have a strong enough roster, but it was fearful that the teams of the league, because of taking their own aspects into account only, will not welcome the new teams. That led to the situation that the Romanian federation also wanted to give one or two new teams to the league. But these teams would be very weak for the league, and would mean very high travel costs to the teams. The Hungarian federation and the league did not adopt the new Romanian teams. For an answer, the Romanian federation gave an impossible schedule to the MOL League participants Transylvanian-Romanian teams (Csíkszereda/Miercurea Ciuc and Brassó/Brasov), the match days of them are on MOL League match days...

Well, even if the Transylvanian teams can't join, the Hungarian league will be stronger than ever, we can have 7 strong Hungarian teams in the league, which never ever happened. And we also have Fehérvár in the Austrian league (EBEL) and the national team players playing abroad.

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Don't worry, we'll meet in the final  :D

Ice hockey is actually a lot more predictable than football. It's much harder for an ice hockey team to make a surprise against a better team than for a football team. I don't know why.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 04, 2015, 06:16:59 PM
Don't worry, we'll meet in the final  :D

Ice hockey is actually a lot more predictable than football. It's much harder for an ice hockey team to make a surprise against a better team than for a football team. I don't know why.

Well, I don't agree. A lot lesser teams play this sport.

But when there are a lot of teams on equal strength, like in NHL, it is even more unpredictable than football. It is the same for the Austrian EBEL league, the 12 teams are very close to each other, each team can beat each one. But not in the Hungarian league, or in the World Championships... there are differences between teams. Only around 50 teams in the World Rankings, unlike football, where each country has a national team. Even the end of Pool A, like Hungary is miles away from Canada or Russia. What is the difference between 1st and 16th best football teams on the world?

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Yeah, that's the reason. It only counts for national team ice hockey.

Shoegazing Leo

Teliana Pereira won Florianópolis' WTA is now the #48 of WTA, her best ranking.

Her history is very interesting. She was born in Pernambuco's Countyside on a very poor family. Her father exited from there to build a tennis academy here in Curitiba, invited by a brother who lived here first, and the owner, a french former player, hired him to work on academy. Them the Teliana's dad brought all family to here, when she was 8, and they learned to play tennis. One of her old brothers (they are six) is coach and a younger brother, José "Zé" Pereira,Jr., is professional player too, one of best 10 brazilians.

Teliana Pereira and her brother, Zé Pereira.

World Aquatics Championships, Final Medal Table

no country gold silver bronze total
1    China   15   10   10   35
2    United States   13   14   6   33
3    Russia   9   4   4   17
4    Australia   7   3   8   18
5    Great Britain   7   1   6   14
6    France   5   1   1   7
7    Italy   3   3   8   14
8    Hungary   3   3   4   10
9    Sweden   3   2   1   6
10    Japan   3   1   4   8
12    Germany   2   1   4   7
13    Brazil   1   4   2   7
18    Denmark   0   2   2   4
28    Argentina   0   0   1   1

Only swimming (pool events)

no country gold silver bronze total
1    United States   8   10   5   23
2    Australia   7   3   6   16
3    China   5   1   7   13
4    Great Britain   5   1   3   9
5    France   4   1   1   6
6    Hungary   3   2   4   9
7    Sweden   3   2   1   6
8    Japan   3   1   0   4
9    Italy   1   3   1   5
10    South Africa   1   3   0   4
12    Germany   1   0   2   3
14    Brazil   0   3   1   4
15    Denmark   0   2   2   4
21    Argentina   0   0   1   1

Water polo

Men:
1 Serbia 2 Croatia 3 Greece ... 6 Hungary (very disappointing)... 10 Brazil... 16 Argentina

Women:
1 USA 2 Netherlands 3 Italy ... 9 Hungary (very disappointing) 10 Brazil

629.09 km

Shoegazing Leo

Brazil gained more medals in Parapan (Paralympic Panamerican Games). The goal for Rio 2016 is be a TOP-5 delegation on Paralympic Games: