News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Highlights 2015

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, January 28, 2015, 09:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Some updates for my plans...

Quote from: Usrin on February 23, 2015, 03:29:51 PM
Main holidays, in which we'll stay in Hungary:
Spring: 30 March - 8 April - done, nothing really interesting happened
Summer: 11 July - 23 July
Autumn: 3 October - 11 October
Winter: 19 December - 3 January

These periods will include mostly visits at family members and one-day excursions around Budapest. In the summer holiday, we're planning to spend one week in Eger or the Mátra Hills Gyomaendröd, SE Hungary. In the autumn break, we're celebrating a series of birthdays (of me, my son and my father-in-law).

Plans for weekend trips from Stavanger in 2015:
Oslo - chance: 90%
Bergen - chance: 80%
Stockholm - chance: 40% 20%
somewhere in the nearby mountains - chance: 40%

Travels related to work, but including some fun:
Conference and (hopefully) field trip in Krakow, Poland: 22-28 June (the field trip will be in the region around Gorlice, SE Poland)
Company meeting, also with some geological excursions: one week somewhere in Southern Europe (location not decided yet), in October Albania, 12-19 October.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Recent highlights:

Trip to Prague (CZE) with Ildi, 4/30-5/4, testing new Czech beers, watching the ice hockey wch with local fans, eating sausages at Vaclavské Náme'sti - done

Hiking in Poland - Iwaniacka Przelecz, caves, chalets, a very nice lake - 5/16, with Ildi - done

Hiking in Poland - Giewont (1894 m, with dangerous trail sections), Kondratska Przelecz, 2005m, from Zakopane) - with Ildi and Lupuszka - 6/13 - done

Next:

Trip to Eger with Ildi and her ex-colleague, 6/20

Trip to Norway and Warsaw with Ildi to Usrin's, from 6/29
Chürműű! :-)

513.59 km

zaqrack

Some changes:
Quote from: zaqrack on April 28, 2015, 10:14:10 PM
mid-June: business trip to Bangalore, India

This was nice. Both me and my boss took our wifes so they went out sightseeing (and shopping) while we were working. Business outlook is excellent, so it seems I will return to India about 3-4 times a year in the coming period. I like India, and their food is fabulous.
On our way back to Budapest we had a one-day stopover in Dubai. I did not like it at all but it was interesting to see and experience.

last week of June: 4 days trip to Switzerland to participate on a bike race

It was amazing to race amongst 2000m+ mountains. The terrain was very difficult compared to what I am used to in Hungary. My arms could hardly take the big rocks - it was much better on the rental bike we have rented for the second day. Our descents were recorded with a GoPro camera:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Z_BJW3dvY
go to 12:00 to see me crashing in the background and to 42:31 and 2:03.36 for my descents. The latter one was in exceptionally beautiful surroundings.

first half of July: car trip with family to Macedonia and Greece (Kefalonia)
August: one week holiday somewhere in Hungary

Despite the Greek crisis we have not canceled our trip, will take a lot of cash to solve issues. We are leaving on Wednesday. Will drive all the way (2 days in each direction) and spend 7 nights on Kefalonia island then 3 nights in the Pindus mountains and Meteora. We have canceled the Macedonian leg due to the armed conflicts that happened there lately.
The August holiday is canceled due to financial reasons (we already spent too much this year). Instead, I have opted to have several long weekends throughout August, spend time with the kids and ride my bike near our home. Maybe also play Stunts :)

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 14, 2015, 01:04:42 PM
Next:

Both trips were completed successfully! A 30 km long hike was also included on 6/27 in the Bükk mountains.

Next:
7/18: trip to the Slovak Paradise with Ildi and my colleague (who is a nice woman)
7/25 weekend: Debrecen, Campus Festival
8/1: Ildi's sister and her family will visit us (that's rater a 'lowlight' because of their bastard son)

513.59 km

zaqrack

Quote from: Akoss Poo on July 10, 2015, 11:11:10 AM

8/1: Ildi's sister and her family will visit us (that's rater a 'lowlight' because of their bastard son)

Why is that?

Quote from: zaqrack on July 30, 2015, 04:47:19 PM

Why is that?

He is just the product of a plan. He was created just because the time has come. The man was 31 (a good friend from the university) the woman was 26, only 2 years past since they first met, there were several problems between them. No marriage. But they desperately wanted a child. They have done it. The man's life is no more his early life. He works from the morning till the night every day, just to earn more and more money. He says that's because they want to move to a detached house as soon as possible. But I think he is just escaping from the situation in which he is in. A 100+ kg woman (who doesn't care about her appearance, eats like a pig, doing no sports) in his three room flat in the center of Debrecen, now full paid, but had problems with the Swiss frank loan, then he overcame. A said-to-be-handsome, clever guy, who loved dark lonely rocker girls in the past, but now something changed his mind. Now her wife pig is the boss, the flat is now furnished in her taste etc. The guy, who loved cycling, mustn't ride his bike now, because according to the wife, it is too dangerous. Now they are car oriented. Money is everything what counts, they would fúck the goat for 2 HUF. They count their money in front of the child, just to get him accustomed to the charm of money. They have no guests in their flat, but they go to their family to eat and take much food home. They take this into account when they calculate their family budget. And their family (Ildi's and her mother, the guy's mother-in-law, because now they are married) accepts that, moreover, they are the gods because they created a grandson. A grandson, whose parents desperately wanted a child but has nothing to do with parenting. They are just lame, bad at it.

And the little guy has everything to do. He is the king, everything is about him. He has the biggest room, while the guy now only has the smallest room (and because the next child is coming, the pig is pregnant again, they plan to give this room to her), where he translates day and night. The mother-in-law just IN LOVE WITH him, and she admits it. In the family house, at Ildi's parents', the child can do everything as well. He gets everything he wants. Even if he cries, screams, shouts, disturbs everybody else, he is cute. Nobody can warn him not to do something. We have to obey to him. We have to hide our things to avoid him playing with it instead of the possibility of telling him not to touch it. And that's with everything. And now they are coming to visit us, for the first time. Of course the bastard son comes, too. My good old friend's wife is now telling us her requests and her rules. Just when they travel to the mother-in-law... They come here to be the bosses. To carry their son, who will be the biggest boss. An unmannered, selfish guy who will probably be hated by everybody in the kindergarten. To hear the loud scream and disturbing yell of a small bastard guy who is the yield of a sperm which should never be released out of the penis...

513.59 km

zaqrack

Seems like an awful case of bad parenting. Poor kid has nothing to do with it and yet his life is off to a bad start.
Reminds me very much of the parenting and money principles of rich Shanghai families :(

Your home: your rules. I think that's natural and should be broadcasted to anyone coming as guests if it is not natural for them. I would risk anytime arguing with any family member (wife's part of the family included) should they demand certain behaviour from us that does not comply with our principles.But the main culprits are the kids parents not the kid :)

The grandparents' love for grandchildren, especially the first one is unconditional regardless of behaviour. Better get used to that :) I think reasonable requests are fine - we do have requests when we send our kids to the grandparents - but mostly in the other direction you mentioned so that they don't spoil them too much (e.g. no candy or no TV, kids must sleep after lunch, etc.). I think I argue more with my mother on parenting than how much I have argued when I was adolescent :)

Quote from: Akoss Poo on June 14, 2015, 01:04:42 PM
Next:

Both trips were completed successfully! A 30 km long hike was also included on 6/27 in the Bükk mountains.

Next:
7/18: trip to the Slovak Paradise with Ildi and my colleague (who is a nice woman)
7/25 weekend: Debrecen, Campus Festival

7/18: postponed to 8/15, then cancelled
7/25: cancelled
8/1: completed, it wasn't that bad as expected

Instead of the postponed/cancelled highlights:

7/19 bathing, swimming, relaxing by the lake in Nyékládháza
7/25 bathing, swimming, relaxing by the lake in Nyékládháza
8/1-2 trip to Debrecen (would-be-mother-in-law-asslicking)
8/8 bacon and sausage roasting on campfire on a nearby hill
8/9 32.7 km hiking in the Bükk Mountains (longest hiking trip ever)
8/10 bathing, swimming, relaxing by the lake in Nyékládháza
8/12 watching the meteor shower in the night (half-succeeded, clouds came)
8/15 hiking in the High Tatra Mountains, in Poland
8/20 Anima Sound System concert in Berente, then watching the fireworks show from Kazincbarcika
8/22 bike trip to Aggtelek/Domica, 72.4 km, highest elevation: 370 m
8/23 mushroom hunting near Tardona, unsucceeded
8/26 Intim Torna Illegál concert in Kazincbarcika
8/27-28 big party in Törökszentmiklós, an old - female - friend invited me
8/29 hiking in the High Tatra Mountains, in Slovakia, reaching the peak of the Kapor-csúcs (Koprovsky stit, also Dillenspitze in German), 2367 m - new height record!

still to come:

9/4-6 trip to Debrecen (would-be-mother-in-law-asslicking)
9/11-13 trip to Budapest, visiting Ildi's female friend, housewarming party

513.59 km

9/4-6 Debrecen: completed
9/11-13 Budapest: housewarming party completed, also met CTG there
9/19: hiking in the Bükk Mountains
10/3: hiking in the Bükk Mountains
10/17: hiking in the High Tatras - high mountains (Vysné Hágy - Batizovské Pleso - Sliezsky Dom - Tatranska Polianka, max. altitude: 1898 m)
10/18: big birthday party with my family
10/19-20: conference in Miskolc-Lillafüred

Still to come:

10/25-28: flying to Milan-Bergamo airport, spending 3 nights there, visiting Milano, the Lake of Como (Italy) and Lugano (Switzerland)
???12/18-20: the usual MetNet meeting in Bükkszentkereszt

513.59 km

Well, I was in Italy and Switzerland from Sunday to yesterday.

Lot of things were tasted:

- Italian beer
- Italian pizza
- Italian gelato
- Italian caffé
- Italian croissant
- Italian ham (though not from Parma)
- Italian cheese (scamorza, provolone, fontal)
- Swiss ravioli (canned)
- Swiss beer
- Italian wine (chianti, cabernet sauvignon)
- Italian focaccia

Still to be tasted (brought home):

- Italian pasta
- Swiss wine (a rosé from Ticino)
- Swiss chocolate (Frey, Noxana)
- Italian chocolate (various)
- Swiss cheese (Emmentaler, Tilsiter)

Visited the Lago di Como, the Lago di Lugano, Como downtown, Lugano downtown, Milano downtown. Travelled across Monza, though not seen the Formula-1 track.

513.59 km

zaqrack

I miss Italy.  :'( What did you like the most?

Quote from: zaqrack on October 29, 2015, 05:54:52 PM
I miss Italy.  :'( What did you like the most?

Landscape: Lago di Lugano
Downtown: Lugano
Sight: Parco Sempione

Food: pizza of course (with ham, mushrooms, mozzarella, tomato and artichokes)... but smoked scamorza cheese was also excellent
Drink: Peroni beer

Lowlight: accomodation (a low-cost hostel outskirts owned by Chinese people, no breakfast, though it was promised, very minimal furniture in the room, no tv, no fridge)

513.59 km

The usual annual MetNet meeting in Bükkszentkereszt was held. Kahdra also came. Hiking, eating, drinking, poker, table football, biliard, photos - it was a very good weekend.  :D

Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/106199888702184515273/Bukkszentkereszt2015121820Metnetesekkel?authkey=Gv1sRgCJmq8YH2h4b96wE

513.59 km

Relatively silent november and december.

Hikes in the Bükk, the mentioned MetNet meeting took place.

Pizza and bowling (and drinking) Christmas party with colleagues.

Family christmas parties.

New Year's Eve: Intim Torna Illegál concert in Miskolc, beer+Unicum with previously unknown young people in a good pub... sausages, Ildi's noodle salad, lentil salad etc.

513.59 km