News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2015

Started by CTG, January 01, 2015, 02:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team will win La Liga 2014/15?

Atlético de Madrid
2 (25%)
FC Barcelona
4 (50%)
Real Madrid CF
2 (25%)
Valencia CF
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Shoegazing Leo

Hungarians:

Why the atendance average in Hungarian League is so low? Low population? Expensive tickets? Level of game? Hungarians became fans of foreigner teams? Is football not so popular to the new generations? Another factor?

Shoegazing Leo

The best formation of Agentina is this pitch would be with Barcos (Boats). Brazil would use Alexandre Pato, because Pato (duck) is very good in flooded pitches.

It's an Agüero in the field.

* Agüero = aguaceiro = flood/strong rain.

Shoegazing Leo

The Atlético Paranaense's official profile in Facebook trolled Monumental de Nuñez:

* Is it raining here? You can come!

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on November 12, 2015, 11:57:09 PM
Hungarians:

Why the atendance average in Hungarian League is so low? Low population? Expensive tickets? Level of game? Hungarians became fans of foreigner teams? Is football not so popular to the new generations? Another factor?

Gábor Király is playing in old-school training trousers. They were old-school even when we saw him first two decades ago. They are not pajamas. They are always grey and it is a mascot for him. Every goalkeeper has some ritual things or a mascot which brings his luck, it is the one for him.

There are many reasons of the low attendance of the league games. First I think the level of the game, the lack of enthusiasm of the players. They earn a lot of money even if they play just alibi football. Young players go to party instead of training. The level of training is also low, therefore they start with a handicap even at the beginning of their career.

Of course another factor is hooliganism, with the increasing political and economic crisis and poverty in Hungary, the fans started to blow out their anger in the stadium. (Now the situation is even darker, deeper with installing the vein scanner system in the stadium and the punishment of the chanted rhymes even with the lowest bad words.)

Most of the sports fans choose another sport to watch, because there they can see higher level or more enthusiastic play. For example I attend ice hockey matches instead of football.

20-30 years ago Hungarian fans walked in the jersey of their favourite Hungarian team. Now they rather buy jerseys, relics of foreign teams (especially Barcelona, Real Madrid or a team from Premier League). But I think this is only the consequence of the factors mentioned above. The same for the ticket prices: due to the mentioned factors, they are of very bad price/value ratio.

Highest attendance Hungarian sports clubs, 2014/15

1. Ferencváros Budapest   Football   Hungarian First Division   63 437 spectators in   10 matches   6344 on average
2. DVSC Debrecen   Football   Hungarian First Division   67 791   12   5649
3. Diósgyöri VTK Miskolc   Football   Hungarian First Division   63 519   12   5293
4. MKB-MVM Veszprém KC   Handball   SEHA International League (teams from Belarus, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina)   65 587   15   4372
5. Videoton Székesfehérvár FC   Football   Hungarian First Division   39 046   11   3550
6. Alba Volán Székesfehérvár   Ice Hockey   Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (Austria-Slovenia-Czech Rep.-Italy-Hungary)   83 944   26   3229
7. Újpest FC Budapest   Football   Hungarian First Division   28 299   9   3144
8. Györi ETO FC   Football   Hungarian First Division   26 438   9   2938
9. Györi Audi ETO KC   Handball (female)   Hungarian First Division   41 195   15   2746
10. Nyíregyháza Spartacus   Football   Hungarian First Division   23 078   10   2308
11. Szombathelyi Haladás   Football   Hungarian First Division   18 070   9   2008
12. Falco KC Szombathely   Basketball   Hungarian First Division   21 900   11   1991
13. MOL-Pick Szeged   Handball   Hungarian First Division   27 300   15   1820
14. EGIS Körmend   Basketball   Hungarian First Division   21 200   13   1631
15. Soproni Sördögök   Basketball   Hungarian First Division   18 400   12   1533
23. DVSC-TVP Debrecen Handball (female) Hungarian First Division 13 100   10   1310
25. Szolnoki Olaj KK Basketball Hungarian First Division 18 736   16   1171 (team also plays in ABA League, a league with teams from Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Hungary and Bulgaria, here 1250 is the average attendance)
31. Miskolci Jegesmedvék Ice Hockey MOL Liga (Hungarian-Slovakian-Romanian International League) 22 773   23   990
60. ZF Eger Water Polo 8 500      13        654
Chürműű! :-)

513.59 km

Good match yesterday! Sweden-Denmark 2-1. I think the Danish were too afraid of Ibrahimovic. But after he scored the disallowed off-side goal, Denmark worked a lot for the away goal and scored it, deservedly.

Today: Hungary-Norway. I am trying to win back my money, put 2500 HUF on the Norway qualification, 3.25 is the odds. If I win, my balance will be +625 HUF after the two matches. If I lose, I only lose an extra 2500 HUF, but I will be able to see Hungary on the European Championships.

513.59 km

BonzaiJoe

It's like you're trying to pay your country into the finals :-)

One annoying thing about these play-offs is that the four teams I hope qualify are playing each other while I don't care about any of the last four teams.
But I guess I'm cheering for Hungary tonight because if Norway and Sweden both qualify and Denmark doesn't, that's even more shameful for us.
But we can't be quite sure.

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on November 15, 2015, 04:52:58 PM
It's like you're trying to pay your country into the finals :-)

One annoying thing about these play-offs is that the four teams I hope qualify are playing each other while I don't care about any of the last four teams.
But I guess I'm cheering for Hungary tonight because if Norway and Sweden both qualify and Denmark doesn't, that's even more shameful for us.

Btw there are too many teams I like in the playoffs: Hungary, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Bosnia... and Ukraine and Slovenia also neutral... don't like: Ireland... somehow I'd put 7 teams into the ECH from the playoffs and miss 3 teams from the qualified ones, maybe England, Germany and Slovakia...

And maybe also the Netherlands and Serbia instead of Northern Ireland and Wales...

Somehow I can't hate the Romanian team, they play a good fotball. And all other teams are okay.

513.59 km

BonzaiJoe

I think it's interesting that you prefer Romania to Germany and England. As I see it, there are certain teams that I really want to qualify for any tournament whether I like them or not, because they have too much history and identity, so the tournament feels empty without them: England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands (:-() and Brazil and Argentina in South America.

alanrotoi

Dzsudzsák REALLY wanted to play the Euro 2016. Congrats!

Duplode

Congratulations! It will be nice to finally see Hungary at a finals!

Finally, a big tournament will be held for 24 European teams! And we managed to qualify to it!

By the way, it is the 4th time when Hungary finishes among the 24 best (European) teams at the qualifiers since I watch them.

Euro 2016 - 21st place (with two wins, no-one can overtake us in the "best 3rd place team" rankings)
World Cup 2014 - 21st place (3rd best 3rd place team after the 9 group winners and 9 runners-up)
Euro 2012 - 21st place (best 3rd place team after 2 hosts and 9 group winners and 9 runners-up)

World Cup 2010 - 29th place (2nd best 4th place team after the 27 group winners, runners-up and 3rd place teams)
Euro 2008 - 39th place (2nd best 6th place team after 2 hosts and 35 group winners, runners-up, 3rd place teams, 4th place teams and 5th place teams)
World Cup 2006 - 28th place (3nd best 4th place team after the host and the 24 group winners, runners-up and 3rd place teams)
Euro 2004 - 33rd place (2nd best 4th place team after the host and 30 group winners, runners-up and 3rd place teams)
World Cup 2002 - 28th place (best 4th place team after the 27 group winners, runners-up and 3rd place teams)
Euro 2000 - 35th place (6th best 4th place team after the 2 hosts and 27 group winners, runners-up and 3rd place teams)
World Cup 1998 - 20th place (worst 2nd place team after the host and the 9 group winners)
Euro 1996 - 31st place (4th best 4th place team after the host and 24 group winners, runners-up and 3rd place teams)

The number of entered teams did not significantly change, all the qualifiers were after the collapsion of Soviet Union and Czechoslovakia.

So not the fact that Hungary has qualified is the surprise, especially if we see the 2012 and 2014 results. The surprise is the fact that we managed to play well in the playoffs and eliminate a team which consists of better players. There were better teams in the playoff (Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Ukraine, Bosnia) than several qualified ones (Iceland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Albania, Austria, Slovakia), that's why the playoff was harder than it had been thought before.

513.59 km

BonzaiJoe

Congratulations to Hungary  :)

Now I'll start biting my nails for Tuesday...