News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2015

Started by CTG, January 01, 2015, 02:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team will win La Liga 2014/15?

Atlético de Madrid
2 (25%)
FC Barcelona
4 (50%)
Real Madrid CF
2 (25%)
Valencia CF
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

BonzaiJoe

With Turkey's victory today, the Dutch disaster seems very realistic.

Denmark's fate will be sealed tomorrow, when Albania plays Armenia in Yerevan. Albanian victory = playoffs
Draw = direct qualification
Armenian victory = direct qualification
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

As far as I can see, the only way Hungary can fail to qualify directly is if Ukraine beats Spain in the last round while Slovakia beats Luxembourg. Hungary's own match is irrelevant in this matter. It only has any significance if Romania fails to win against Faroe Islands, in which case Hungary can qualify with a win, regardless of what happens in Kiev.

BonzaiJoe

Yes but nevertheless we've played all our games and only scored 12 points.

BonzaiJoe

After a deeper analysis, I have found that Hungary will also miss direct qualification if Turkey beats Iceland while Kazakhstan beats Latvia. In that case, Turkey will score a massive 7 points for the table of 3rds in the last round, seeing that Latvia will finish last in the group instead of Kazakhstan and Turkey has two victories vs Kazakhstan and two draws vs Latvia.

If we simply forget about Denmark's 5-team group for a moment and just compare the actual points of the 3rd placed teams without arbitrarily deducting points, we can see that Slovakia/Ukraine and Norway/Croatia have both earned more points than Hungary, as will Sweden.

To complete the irony, Hungary may actually end up having earned the LEAST points of all 3rds (except Denmark who has played two less matches) and still qualifying directly as the best 3rd.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, and Hungary also scored the least goals of all 3rds, not counting Denmark. (Scored goals/match: Denmark even worse.)

I watched the Greece game and I was partially happy to see the team finally scoring goals... though the defence was miserable...

However, the coach took off the field our best players when he saw Romania is leading against the Faroe Island. This meant that this match is not important for us anymore.

Btw I think Latvia will not lose their home game against Kazakhstan, I'm more afraid of Ukraine beating the Spanish B team...

Very disgusting attitute from Diósgyör Miskolc II in the NB III East game. Because of the national team weekend, there was no NB I round. Diósgyör sent four players from their first team (NB I team) against Kazincbarcika, including national team player (36 caps), Ukranian-born Vladimir Koman. Many young people in Kazincbarcika cheer for Diósgyör, because they don't remember the old rivalry from the 80s-90s, so the relationship between the two clubs is rather good now. Between Kazincbarcika and Miskolc there is only 20-25 km. Still they wanted to send their far the strongest B team this year against us. The result was 1-1 in Miskolc, and their coach said that they desperately needed this point... Why? I can't understand... By the way with this, they also helped their eternal enemy, Nyíregyháza Spartacus, stealing points from us... Well, today I'm going to attend the ice hockey match between Diósgyör Polar Bears (formerly Miskolc Polar Bears) and Ferencváros Budapest, but I'll rather be a spectator than a supporter...

1. Nyíregyháza Spartacus   11   11   0   0   31–5   26   33
  2. Cegléd   11   9   0   2   26–8   18   27
  3. Kazincbarcika   10   8   2   0   22–5   17   26
  4. Cigánd   10   8   1   1   32–8   24   25
  5. Jászberény   11   5   1   5   22–15   7   16
  6. Rákosmente Budapest   10   4   4   2   23–15   8   16
16. Diósgyör Miskolc II   10   1   1   8   9–25   -16   4
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Ukraine - Spain 0-1 (0-1)
The Spaniards managed to win even with their B team, though a penalty was missed by them and De Gea had to show some great saves to earn all three points. For Hungary, one Spanish point would also have been enough.

Only two things are needed now:

- Turkey should not win against Iceland OR Latvia should not lose Kazakhstan (the latter is more possible)
- Hungary should not be punished by a point deduction for racist behavior against Romania (first we got only a match behind closed doors penalty)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

They win the world cup of syllables.

alanrotoi

The captain is Johann because it's the only name the manager could say.

BonzaiJoe

Turkey will attract more supporters. UEFA needed them more than Hungary on the tournament... Those who watched the LAT-KAZ game said on Hungarian sports forums that it was suspicious...

By the way, Hungary did not deserve the direct qualification. But when Iceland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Albania, Austria, Slovakia qualifies... well, after so many (30) painful years, we could have given the opportunity to participate, too...

I think too many good teams are in the playoff round, Hungary has only around 10-15 percent chance...

Hungarian ice hockey team qualifies for the world championships... Hungarian women's volleyball team qualifies for he European championships... Hungarian futsal team qualifies for the European championships... everything could happen, but the descendants of the Magical Magyars just always fail to do something worthy to be remember...

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

So.... Hungary, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Bosnia, Ireland, Ukraine, Slovenia.

All of almost equal strength. Maybe Sweden and Ukraine are a bit stronger than the others.

BonzaiJoe

Hungary is ranked above Denmark in UEFA's rankings, so you will play Denmark, Slovenia, Norway or Ireland, while we will play Hungary, Sweden, Ukraine or Bosnia. I have to say I'd prefer Hungary...