News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Teams for 2024

Started by dreadnaut, January 08, 2024, 07:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Then Teams Competition will be harder this year! Congrats!

Duplode

Going back to this discussion...

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 09, 2024, 11:05:59 AMI think that scoring members need to be determined before the season starts or at least before the end or the first race.

I dont't agree with this. If an inactive member of a team makes a mid-season comeback, and the team has a free seat, they should be able to rejoin immediately.  I'd also extend that to new recruitments: while there are a few more aspects to consider in that case, all in all I don't feel the rules should get in the way of people joining teams if an opportunity arises.

(It's worth noting, BTW, that both scenarios I mentioned above are allowed by the rules as they are currently written.)

You had also mentioned switches, and I agree they can be more problematic. There are, however, ways to further restrict switches without transfer windows or a blanket ban on mid-season enrollment.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on January 30, 2024, 11:31:09 AMGoing back to this discussion...

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 09, 2024, 11:05:59 AMI think that scoring members need to be determined before the season starts or at least before the end or the first race.

I dont't agree with this. If an inactive member of a team makes a mid-season comeback, and the team has a free seat, they should be able to rejoin immediately.  I'd also extend that to new recruitments: while there are a few more aspects to consider in that case, all in all I don't feel the rules should get in the way of people joining teams if an opportunity arises.

(It's worth noting, BTW, that both scenarios I mentioned above are allowed by the rules as they are currently written.)

You had also mentioned switches, and I agree they can be more problematic. There are, however, ways to further restrict switches without transfer windows or a blanket ban on mid-season enrollment.
Yeah, i get that.
I was thinking about a scenario where a team changes there scoring drivers based on the track so they can score on races they are good at. That feels like cheating.
But that can also be solved if team changes are done before the track is revealed.

In any case, I'm playing devil's advocate. I don't think this scenario will be a problem.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Duplode

Quote from: Daniel3D on January 30, 2024, 02:19:42 PMI was thinking about a scenario where a team changes there scoring drivers based on the track so they can score on races they are good at. That feels like cheating.

That would be weird indeed. A very simple rule that would eliminate this issue would be: if a pipsqueak leaves the team (that is, the list of active pipsqueaks) during the season, the seat can't be filled until the next season. As you say, though, that's unlikely to actually become a problem.

Cas

Or... the new pipsqueak can join the team, but cannot score for that season?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

That would have mostly the same effect than the other rule (considering that a team can have any number of pipsqueaks not in the active list), but would go against the idea of only showing the affiliation of point-scoring members on the scoreboard.

Cas

Yeah, it's true. Unofficial (non-scoring) members can perfectly just agree to be part of the team without needing to register anywhere, anyway.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

I am thrilled to announce that, having accepted Cork's offer, @Spoonboy is now a member of Cork's Crew -- welcome!! 🥂

alanrotoi

Great! Congratulations guys!

I suggest that everybody without a team keep looking. A PM or a public message is enough.

Erik Barros

Congratulations Guys!!! @Spoonboy joining a team was what made me improve my game skills the most.

Spoonboy

Thanks guys!
It is an honour to be asked to drive with such amazing teammates, and in the tiretracks of giants in our game's history.
@Erik Barros, I'm excited to see what I can achieve with an active team beside me, and how my methods adapt to team play, instead of being a lone wolf ;)
You once told me we must keep pushing. Your words inspired me to keep aiming for my best effort and not to give up. I still think of those words every time I race. Thankyou, brother.

Erik Barros

Quote from: Spoonboy on February 17, 2024, 07:08:44 PMThanks guys!
It is an honour to be asked to drive with such amazing teammates, and in the tiretracks of giants in our game's history.
@Erik Barros, I'm excited to see what I can achieve with an active team beside me, and how my methods adapt to team play, instead of being a lone wolf ;)
You once told me we must keep pushing. Your words inspired me to keep aiming for my best effort and not to give up. I still think of those words every time I race. Thankyou, brother.

I'm happy to be able to influence you in a positive way, I'm sure you'll do great teamwork. I was quite surprised by your results using magic dosbox, great work.