News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

New replay upload

Started by dreadnaut, January 11, 2015, 12:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Yes, let's store everything online! Going through the emails is very cumbersome.
Did you also code a mechanism to auto-display quiet replays at the track deadline?

CTG

Great development job, Dreadnaut!

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on January 16, 2015, 10:45:41 AM
Thank you!

I'm now storing all the replays. The non-public ones are of course locked until the track is over. For the quiet replay, there is an easy admin button in the "All results" page, but it's not automatic yet.

I cleared the test track and results, and I think the website is ready for the new season :D  Things to remember: season.ini, rules/2015.txt and teams (sorry, these are still manual)

zaqrack

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 17, 2015, 12:48:35 AM
Quote from: CTG on January 16, 2015, 10:45:41 AM
Thank you!

I'm now storing all the replays. The non-public ones are of course locked until the track is over. For the quiet replay, there is an easy admin button in the "All results" page, but it's not automatic yet.

I cleared the test track and results, and I think the website is ready for the new season :D  Things to remember: season.ini, rules/2015.txt and teams (sorry, these are still manual)

* zaqrack bows with recognition.

I am tired as hell but will sit down to design a track abd start the season tonight.

dreadnaut

Quote from: zaqrack on January 17, 2015, 09:02:57 PM
I am tired as hell but will sit down to design a track abd start the season tonight.

Woooo, thank you Zak!  :D  I'll keep an eye on the website in case anything behaves strangely.

zaqrack

I guess the update is done - I still need to install stressed to fetch some screenshots on the new cars - unless someone can do it for me :)

So far everything seems to work well! I was thinking on the following two additions as next steps:

1. Get rid of the track zip files. As both the replays and the track file are now stored on the server it is fully redundant. The download link could point to the track file with a separate link to the replays archive.

2. Not sure what is the current status of the track upload form - is it open to all? The optimal operation would be to let all registered pipsqueaks upload tracks - the site admins can see the list of uploaded tracks with a map, assign any of them as competition tracks setting all necessary details (start date, end date etc.) would this be a lot of work?

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on January 18, 2015, 01:36:42 AM
I guess the update is done - I still need to install stressed to fetch some screenshots on the new cars - unless someone can do it for me :)

I took the liberty of uploading the missing GIFs. Something bothers me about the Xylocaine icon though - seems it got a little too blurry after downscaling the image, or maybe green just isn't a good colour for the cars when placed amidst the rest of the site.

A minor issue I noticed is that pre-2004 scoreboards (e.g. http://zak.stunts.hu/tracks/ZCT021) are not loading any more. I don't know for sure if they were still working just before the new season updates, though.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on January 25, 2015, 11:32:25 PM
I took the liberty of uploading the missing GIFs. Something bothers me about the Xylocaine icon though - seems it got a little too blurry after downscaling the image, or maybe green just isn't a good colour for the cars when placed amidst the rest of the site.

Thank you! I'll take a look at the legacy races tomorrow ;)

Shoegazing Leo

My old results disapeared (the nick and from my stats). My profile says what I joined in 00-00-0000. Am I the Stunts Messiah?

dstien

Excellent work! 8)

zaqrack

Quote from: dstien on January 26, 2015, 09:18:05 AM
Excellent work! 8)

1950-01-01 is the "default" birthdate. Don't ask why.

Shoegazing Leo

Excellent work! 8)

• Speaking of dates, I never filled in my birth date when signing up, yet my profile page claims I'm 65 years old.
li]
[/list]

AbuStien65

CTG

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on January 26, 2015, 04:32:05 PM
    Excellent work! 8)

• Speaking of dates, I never filled in my birth date when signing up, yet my profile page claims I'm 65 years old.
    li]
    [/list]

AbuStien65

Alan Chuyrtix70 (fusion!)

dreadnaut

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on January 25, 2015, 11:53:54 PM
    My old results disapeared (the nick and from my stats). My profile says what I joined in 00-00-0000.
    Oh, which old results? Not these?

I'll do something about the dates, that bothers me as well :D

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 28, 2015, 10:46:32 PM
    Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on January 25, 2015, 11:53:54 PM
    My old results disapeared (the nick and from my stats). My profile says what I joined in 00-00-0000.
    Oh, which old results? Not these?

I'll do something about the dates, that bothers me as well :D

Yes.. old results. The results with my old alias became dots without country...