News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports Rivality

Started by Shoegazing Leo, February 04, 2003, 07:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoegazing Leo

All countries have another country to be a Greatest Sportive Rival... The Greatest Rival of Brazil is Argentina... What's the yours????

Bismarck

Well some years ago , the netherlands were the favorite opponent for germany in football, but then they forgot how to play this game and germany was to strong to play against this low-level, 3rd-league-formated, with san marino comparable (sorry, dont want to say something against san marino football kickers) football team.

So there are just some 2nd-league teams here in europe, lets say great britain and france, who maybe interesting opponents, but there are no real opponents for germany in football or anything else.  :wink:

Dont mention that Brasil is world-champion, because this was a big bucket full of luck.

BonzaiJoe

But we can't be quite sure.

PedroAntonio

Spain has no specific football enemy, but anyone who meet us at 1/4 finals of european or world championship is our worst nightmare... Nowadays we hate Korea  :cry:

PS: We also hate Ganduhl (the referee   :evil:  )

alanrotoi

In 2002 there wasn't a world cup. That was a show, a korean show. Ugly, unrealy like a japanese manga Superchampions. The Korea team was: Benji Prais, Oliver Atom, Steeve, Tom, Richard Textex and friends...
Korea winning a match against Spain... jaja, please don't make me laugh... and the win agains Italy too... How many italian players were in the stadium? There were 2 and without Goal Keeper!! France was out! naah, it's a lie... a manga lie. And Argentina, the favourite? Better don't talk about it. It hurts me yet, we loose in the first step of World Circus Cup 2002 Korea-Japan.

About rivals, everybody knows about Argentina vs Brazil, the best match ever ;)
I guess it's almost the same like race against Roy Wiegerinck :)

And don't forget big rivals like: Australia vs New Zealand, Saudi Arabia vs U.A.E., Flying Dutchmen vs Euroteam, River Plate vs Boca Jrs. and South Korea vs The guys who are playing right now in the park (and Korea will loose!!).

BonzaiJoe

World Cup 2002 was a joke, but I think Brazil played really well. And Roy Wiegerinck owes me a 6-pack because he said Argentina would win, and I said Brazil  :lol:  I think the biggest jokes were France, Senegal, South Korea and Turkey (they were third in the world cup by beating China, Japan and Senegal, and drawing with Costa Rica. Ridiculous.)

Shoegazing Leo

Orion vs. MeganiuM, Atl?tico Paranaense vs. Coritiba (this sunday!!!), E.U.A vs. Iran, Croatia vs. Serbia, Nigeria vs. Cameroon, Mexico vs. Costa Rica, Honduras vs. El Salvador, Iraty vs. Prudent?polis, Gr?mio Maring? vs. Londrina, Kindermann vs. Ca?adorense, Tabu de Clevel?ndia vs. Caxias de Palmas,....

Turkey haves a great team... Hassan Sas is one of the better surprises of last World Cup, Ilhan Mansis, too. Rustu Re?ber is the best goalkeeper of world!

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I really didn't like the Korean team. The referees were also disgusting. Poor Italian and Spanish team... (the Japanese were better than the Korean team.)
And I really don't like the German team. What a luck they had during the whole competition!!!
I thing Turkey and Senegal were the great surprises of the WC, they really played well.
Euro 2000 was a much better tournament.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"I really didn't like the Korean team. The referees were also disgusting. Poor Italian and Spanish team... (the Japanese were better than the Korean team.)
And I really don't like the German team. What a luck they had during the whole competition!!!
I thing Turkey and Senegal were the great surprises of the WC, they really played well.
Euro 2000 was a much better tournament.

Senegal played "well", but they were extremely violent. Turkey, as I said, didn't really beat any good teams. They played quite well against Brazil, but they lost both games. They would probably have done quite well anyway though, just not have been 3rd.

zaqrack

violent football rules :)
thats why I prefer rugby, but its very rarely on TV :)

and I want to play curling! I may join the Hungarian Curling Club. :)

BonzaiJoe

You like violent sports, so you want to play Curling? :lol:
If you're looking for even more action, why don't you try Chess or Snooker :D

zaqrack

snooker is dangerous, those balls are heavy, and go fast, once my finger went purple for 2 weeks, when playing pool :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Bonzai wrote:

QuoteSenegal played "well", but they were extremely violent. Turkey, as I said, didn't really beat any good teams. They played quite well against Brazil, but they lost both games. They would probably have done quite well anyway though, just not have been 3rd.

I don't really agree with your opinion against Senegal. And the German team was violent, too, maybe more violent.
And Turkey beat China, Japan and Senegal and they got the bronze? (Japan won the Belgian, Russian group and Senegal beat Sweden who won the Nigerian, Argentinian, English group.) And what did the German team do? They beat Paraguay, Saudi Arabia, USA, Korea. (And they didn't deserve the win against USA and Paraguay, they were very lucky.) Had no chance against Brazil. (Had less chance than Turkey.) And they got the silver. So how is it?
Many good teams were eliminated early. The Swedish group were full of great teams for example.
So Turkey deserved the bronze and the German didn't the bronze. And I haven't spoken about Korea (and the referees).
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

al il professore

enemies? lets go

titi et gros minet
david et goliath
orion et meganium
sailor et lula
oedipe et son p?re
france et espagne (yes pedro, we beat u every time at football)
quark et anti quark
gravitation et trou noir
chirac et bush
argentina et margaret thatcher
bip bip et le coyote
akoss poo et alain
f117 nighthawk et saddam
to be et not to be
vhs et divx
football et rugby
lindows et winux
voiture et train
luke et dark vador
circle et square
photo num?rique et photo argentique
noir et blanc
cnn et fox news
alanrotoi et les virages
dactylographie et calligraphie
terminator et sarah connor
terminator et connor entire family
book et e-book
joystick et keyboard
wooden made men et steel made men
"Lake Shore Strangler" Charles Lee Ray et Andy
Dolf lundgren et Jean Claude Van Damme
Silvester Stallone et Arnold Schwarzenneger
mice et cats
cash card et money
euro zone et united kingdom
bonzai joe et humour
doctors et clear writing
cassette et compact disk
electric heat et human heat
winter sports et summer sports
baby seals et hunters
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on January 20, 2015, 03:31:56 PM
Alain missed an important one: Akoss Poo et picsacipö! :D
I thought we had all agreed he loved them (around Forlan's ex girlfriend Zaira Nara's post in Hot chicks)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)