News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT163 - Full House

Started by CTG, February 15, 2015, 10:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 23, 2015, 02:16:10 PM
Mr. Epic made a mistake.

What kind of mistake?

If I were Mr. Epic, I would do it this way:

- playing Stunts on my secondary computer without internet connection (no chance to spy it)
- I would not use custom .vsh files instead of .pvs
- replay would be uploaded to my phone and forwarded to a random chat chick with a strict instruction: she should not use idiot login name/e-mail address/password at the registration
- the chat chick should register an account at ZakStunts and send the replay

And how I would NOT do:

- playing Stunts with my custom game edition on my primary computer
- I would not share the replay file via USC site AND would not link ZakStunts in a chat window
- I would not let the chat chick register a random name without restrictions

zaqrack

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 23, 2015, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 23, 2015, 02:18:28 PM
What kind of mistake?

Not disclosed.

It should be. You can't make a legal decision without grounds and convincing evidences.

Duplode

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on February 24, 2015, 05:54:32 AM
Quote from: CTG on February 23, 2015, 02:52:00 PM
Quote from: zaqrack on February 23, 2015, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 23, 2015, 02:18:28 PM
What kind of mistake?

Not disclosed.

It should be. You can't make a legal decision without grounds and convincing evidences.

Wikipedia ZakStunts is not a court of law.

But stating that "Mr. Epic made a mistake" does not prove anything. If I am Mr. Epic, I have some clue about the "mistake", so it's not really important to keep back the grounds of disqualification - and could be a deterrence for future wannabe cheaters. But if somebody else created that character (;D), I really want to know who was that and why was he DQFd.

But maybe Zak is just bluffing and wants me to admit it myself - to prove that he was right. :D

CTG

Back to the topic... hmmm... I haven't raced (as CTG) since I sent the last public replay.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on February 24, 2015, 08:57:12 AM
But stating that "Mr. Epic made a mistake" does not prove anything. If I am Mr. Epic, I have some clue about the "mistake", so it's not really important to keep back the grounds of disqualification - and could be a deterrence for future wannabe cheaters. But if somebody else created that character (;D), I really want to know who was that and why was he DQFd.

But maybe Zak is just bluffing and wants me to admit it myself - to prove that he was right. :D

You don't get the point. I don't need to prove anything.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 24, 2015, 02:15:00 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 24, 2015, 08:57:12 AM

You don't get the point. I don't need to prove anything.

Quite controversial, huh? The liberal one behaves like a dictator. :D

Decisions must be explained - else, they will be just high-handed actions. (Btw setting my name to 'Ghost' is way too childish from somebody who wants to teach how not to be childish.)

This is the point where I have to say Mingva was a more consistent competition manager. If he had an opinion, he acted and explained - even if some of us hated his decisions.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on February 24, 2015, 02:24:53 PM

Decisions must be explained - else, they will be just high-handed actions. (Btw setting my name to 'Ghost' is way too childish from somebody who wants to teach how not to be childish.)

This is the point where I have to say Mingva was a more consistent competition manager. If he had an opinion, he acted and explained - even if some of us hated his decisions.
What are you talking about? Nobody wants to teach you anything. I am just having some fun at your expense, the same thing you are doing with this community. Enjoy. 

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 24, 2015, 02:29:39 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 24, 2015, 02:24:53 PM

What are you talking about?

1, It's no question that you (and your lil' friends) have liberal views, you support the western type democracy, so you do not accept explanations like "because I said so". Now we have a case where you just said: "XY made a mistake", as a reason of deleting a name from the scoreboard. Without further details, it remains an arbitrary decision. So, what did you observe as a mistake?

2, The Mingva issue... well... despite of my strong hate against him, I think his principals as a strict competition manager were well-estabilished. Even when he banned Akoss or expelled both Opponent Near drivers from IRC. I still fell antipathy because of these decisions, but at least I saw that he kept his own rules. Now see your competition: have you ever disqualified me because of any cheats, fake characters or community demolition? Your written rules are well-detailed but powerless. For me, that's the main point to create way too transparent ghosts in every season. Just because I'm not obstructed in that. And I still think some of the other drivers do the same for ages - with a different motivation (yes, I know, you and your company does not believe in non-CTG ghosts).

3, Even when I asked you to disqualify me or to take away my competition points, you refused it - even if I promised to show some evidences of cheating. What should somebody do to get fired from this contest? If it's impossible to get DQF, why don't you overwrite the rules?

I'm ready to be disqualified from ZakStunts (and your friend, Mr. Rotoi would be really grateful for that). That's what I want for ages. If you take away my points, even a second character of mine will be unable to get the championship title or a decent overall ranking.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on February 24, 2015, 02:47:22 PM
1, It's no question that you (and your lil' friends) have liberal views, you support the western type democracy, so you do not accept explanations like "because I said so". Now we have a case where you just said: "XY made a mistake", as a reason of deleting a name from the scoreboard. Without further details, it remains an arbitrary decision. So, what did you observe as a mistake?
I really don't get why and how you connect liberalism and democracy, especially in this topic and context.
This was a decision with undisclosed reasons. With a reason. Have some fun, try to guess the mistake. You are clearly in the best position to do so given your background.   

2, The Mingva issue... well... despite of my strong hate against him, I think his principals as a strict competition manager were well-estabilished. Even when he banned Akoss or expelled both Opponent Near drivers from IRC. I still fell antipathy because of these decisions, but at least I saw that he kept his own rules. Now see your competition: have you ever disqualified me because of any cheats, fake characters or community demolition? Your written rules are well-detailed but powerless. For me, that's the main point to create way too transparent ghosts in every season. Just because I'm not obstructed in that. And I still think some of the other drivers do the same for ages - with a different motivation (yes, I know, you and your company does not believe in non-CTG ghosts).
I believe in not enforcing rules and trusting others obeying them for their own good. Unfortunately some people are not the same and they seek ways to break rules in an uncontrolled and face-less environment because they are too afraid to be themselves or break rules in real life. Or whatever.

3, Even when I asked you to disqualify me or to take away my competition points, you refused it - even if I promised to show some evidences of cheating. What should somebody do to get fired from this contest? If it's impossible to get DQF, why don't you overwrite the rules?

I'm ready to be disqualified from ZakStunts (and your friend, Mr. Rotoi would be really grateful for that). That's what I want for ages. If you take away my points, even a second character of mine will be unable to get the championship title or a decent overall ranking.
I will not do you the favor. You need to win this battle against yourself without me.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 24, 2015, 03:21:59 PM
I really don't get why and how you connect liberalism and democracy, especially in this topic and context.
This was a decision with undisclosed reasons. With a reason. Have some fun, try to guess the mistake. You are clearly in the best position to do so given your background.   

I believe in not enforcing rules and trusting others obeying them for their own good. Unfortunately some people are not the same and they seek ways to break rules in an uncontrolled and face-less environment because they are too afraid to be themselves or break rules in real life. Or whatever.

I will not do you the favor. You need to win this battle against yourself without me.

1, I already made a few tips. Maybe if Mr. Epic's ghost avoids all of the mentioned traps and still gets disqualified, his owner will be a bit clueless. :D However, if you had a reason, you should tell us - instead of playing a guessing game. Being a surprisingly fast newbie mustn't be a reason, as we have another one from Italy. How did it come to "democracy" in this context? As for me, decisions without public reasoning have no place in a democratic system.

2, Rules are rules. What you talk about is rather a "suggestion" or "road etiquette". I know a few legal cases where even implicit rules were taken seriously. About the internet strong guy-type anonimity: I think it doesn't really stand for this case. Many of us know eachother personally. When we had the same kind of flamewars between 2004-2006, I was aware of the upcoming Stunts meetings and simply did not care about the consequences. And still, could we have some great WSMs? Yes, we could.

Kinda off-topic, leading too far from ZCT 163, but... Breaking the rules in real life: luckily my real life moral principals are more or less consistent with the written law. But I break the rules without fear if I find them stupid enough or when I want to compensate something. E.g. buying no BKV tickets for several years after an undeserved punishment by a stupid ticket inspector - just because of the missing ID numbers. Or punishing the food thiefs in the dormitory with cakes, filled with dangerously high-dose laxative cream - my name was on the food box. Not talking about gift home-made alcoholic drinks, downloading music or any other stupid stuff regulated by the law.

3, The only point without further agruements from me. It's up to you.