News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Mostar (USC 98)

Started by CTG, February 23, 2015, 02:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: Akoss Poo on March 01, 2015, 08:03:44 PM
Well, I only consider Bonzai Joe as a better no-RH than myself (well, when I drink, Zak can also beat me, and I know that CTG also improved much), and even he can't give me that much time difference... that turned out on WSMs. My first completed lap was 2:03, and 1:52 was my sixth one, and I felt that a very good one. It would have been much less prominent, and I might have believed your time, if you had sent 1:55 for first lap...

I think it's all just a question of racing session management:

• Unless it's a live race or if I'm really short of time, I tend not to bother with completing "survival mode" or otherwise obviously weak laps. With a different approach I would probably have had a larger number completed laps before the current one.
  • It took me about half an hour to drive that lap. When racing not-live NoRH I usually take my time, spending a few minutes with stupid crashes and unnecessary risks before settling into a rhythym and picking my driving lines. (And conversely, I often have problems when live racing due to lack of concentration and/or taking too long to find said rhythym.)
  • Finally, 0.75s of the gap between our laps is merely due to cutting the final loop - something I only managed to do right after ~4 failed attempts.

Duplode

In any case, I have just had a second session, to validate the explanations above (though by now the circumstances have changed in that I know the track rather well). The final lap took seven consecutive attempts. The six failures were as follows:

• Crash at first bridge corner;
  • Crash at the pipe;
  • Crash at the second l/r cork (the one before the final sector);
  • Crash at first bridge corner again;
  • Crash at the first tunnel;
  • Completed 1:51.55 lap, missing the loopcut at the end and then going into grass to avoid a crash.

BTW, here is a video: http://youtu.be/tc0fTPtFWvs

Shoegazing Leo

All on track with all loops and no Rh. Tomorrow i'll race on "normal" style.

Duplode

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on March 01, 2015, 11:00:40 PM
If just no Rh, I'll do one more lap now.

Yup - just NoRH, all cuts OK as usual.

CTG

Update (and probably a new lap) in the evening.

AbuRaf70

Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

CTG

Vector's message is removed. Please do this kind of messaging in private. Thank you!

CTG

1:50.45, nth try, lucky-lucky loops. To go further, I need manual gears.

n is somewhere between 1 and 20. A lot closer to the latter one.

CTG

Duplode's time is not as hard as it seemed to be - even without a loopcut. (And after 30 mins of trying... ::))

CTG

Any opportunist RH drivers to take the lead? Dreadnaut? AbuRaf?

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I crashed at the last tunnel on my 1:49.75 lap... Main improvement: sharp corner after the corkscrew.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

afullo

First lap, without replay handling. ;)

AbuRaf70

Amigos....   no se si recuerdan que yo tengo 81 años...  ya no estoy para hacer una vuelta noRH...  gracias que luego de muchos choques, puedo hacer una vuelta completa...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.