News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Bliss / Cas-Stunts track editor

Started by Cas, March 08, 2015, 01:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afullo

I agree: as a beta, interested pipsqueaks can compile it by themselves.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on January 10, 2021, 12:27:58 AMBut even though it's not in the menu, that is already available!  Just edit the configuration file. Where it says "format=bliss" or whatever, change it to "format=none" or "format=trackblaster". Let me know if that works for you.

Ah, I knew that, then I forgot! Thanks for updating things :)

It could be useful to have options listed in the configuration, for example (probably with incorrect descriptions):

; Default format for new tracks
; Possible values:
; - bliss: binary metadata at the end of the track data
; - text: text metadata in a separate .smd file
; - none: no metadata
; Default:
;  format = bliss
format=bliss

Cas

Dreadnaut:
Yes, there's something I should change about the config file. Currently, when you save the configuration, Bliss deletes the old config file and creates a brand new one from the configuration in memory. This is not good. What it should do instead if read the current configuration file and replace the relevant lines so they match the current configuration in memory. This way, one could add their own comments to the file and things like that and this would also make it easier to add what you suggest as I could just include that in the original config file that comes with Bliss.

One detail I wanted to point out about how I implemented the change in the menu option now. There are two different things in Bliss in memory at any time: the default file format and the current track default file format. Let's call them DTF (default track format) and CTF (current track format, not capture the flag). The DTF is the format in which your track will be saved as default if you create a new one from scratch. This is what you can change from the Settings menu. Bliss will warn you if you set this to Raw only if it wasn't Raw already. The CTF is the format in which the track you're currently editing is going to be saved by default. When you start a new track, the CTF is set to the DTF, but if you load an existing track, the CTF will be set to that track's current format. This prevents accidentally changing a file format because of making a little change. If your DTF is Raw and you access the Track Info menu (for metadata), you will get a warning saying that the CTF has been set to one-file. You still can save the track as Raw, only it won't be the default option in the menu and your DTF has not changed. When you create a new track, it will be Raw again. Let me know if this doesn't make much sense to you. I tried to make it as logical as possible, but it is kind of complex.

Afullo:
Thank you. That's right. Otherwise, at this stage, we'd be compiling over and over again. I'm sure I'm going to have to make a few more changes, so the best thing is to keep both the stable and the unstable versions in the website.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Cas

Bliss 2.6 Released!

This update has small changes, but we're talking about important small changes. Namely, Bliss is now capable of using curl to grab tournament files from the internet. This means it's now compatible with HTTPS. If you want, you can still force it to use the internal downloading functions (giving up HTTPS support) by adding a "curl=false" to your bliss.cfg file. The scoreboard is now being read from ZakStunts using the new API instead of parsing the HTML code.

A few bugs have been fixed too. Some have for a long time, but I hadn't lifted the beta. You can find the new version at https://www.raceforkicks.com/bliss

afullo

Quote from: Cas on October 04, 2022, 04:08:56 AMBliss 2.6 Released!

This update has small changes, but we're talking about important small changes. Namely, Bliss is now capable of using curl to grab tournament files from the internet. This means it's now compatible with HTTPS. If you want, you can still force it to use the internal downloading functions (giving up HTTPS support) by adding a "curl=false" to your bliss.cfg file. The scoreboard is now being read from ZakStunts using the new API instead of parsing the HTML code.

A few bugs have been fixed too. Some have for a long time, but I hadn't lifted the beta. You can find the new version at https://www.raceforkicks.com/bliss

Nice! But, how does it work? If I go on Tournaments, it fails to connect to both R4K and CCC, while ZakStunts connection returns only ZCT.trk as current race (it could not download the track), without a deadline and saying that the scoreboard is empty.

As I said regarding CarWorks, I have upgraded Ubuntu to the version 20.04 on all my PCs, so I would not be able anymore to compile with libtinfo.5 for previous releases of that OS and its derivatives.
Nevertheless, support for 18.04 is going to end in April 2023, while derivatives' support already ended in April 2021, so it is not a particular limitation.

Cas

It should work out of the box as long as you have curl in your PATH. It is possible to disable this by adding the line: curl=no to the configuration file, but that kills HTTPS support. Can you confirm you have curl installed?

afullo

Quote from: Cas on November 10, 2022, 11:27:52 PMIt should work out of the box as long as you have curl in your PATH. It is possible to disable this by adding the line: curl=no to the configuration file, but that kills HTTPS support. Can you confirm you have curl installed?

No, I hadn't, it was because of that. Now, after having installed curl, it works. :D

Cas

Just uploaded the new version of Bliss (2.6.1). It's a minor update that adds some anti-CPU-hog routines. It's in the website. Notabug still has the older one. I'll update it soon

afullo

Ok thanks, I will try it because my fan used to increment its speed while Bliss was open, even without asking it to perform heavy tasks...

Cas

At the main editor screen and when the intro text is displayed, Bliss should be gathering all it needs, but only while the window is in focus. Mostly everywhere else, Bliss should be relinquishing most of the CPU to the system.

GTAManRCR

Quote from: Cas on May 31, 2020, 09:19:26 PMIt'd be interesting to get to know more things like those in other languages.

Árvíztűrő tükörfúrógép (Flood proof mirror drilling machine)
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Cas

Quote from: GTAManRCR on March 25, 2023, 07:16:14 PMÁrvíztűrő tükörfúrógép (Flood proof mirror drilling machine)
:o