News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Banned users

Started by zaqrack, March 10, 2015, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

I also tried to consider it a joke, but after the 100th time it is not really funny anymore :(

Chulk

Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Marco

Quote from: zaqrack on March 13, 2015, 09:09:12 AM
I also tried to consider it a joke, but after the 100th time it is not really funny anymore :(

AHAHAH, ok , Now I understand why I find this funny. Because I'm only at the 2nd time. Are the ghosts the main problem for this site ?

zaqrack

CTG requested access to the forum, claiming he has no interesting in racing at ZakStunts but would like to participate in community life. I leave it up to the community to decide. Voting only allowed through a forum post on this thread or a PM to me if you prefer your opinion not to be disclosed to the public. Please share your opinion by the 15th of April.

Options:

• keep CTG banned permanently and ban all his aliases and ghosts that may reappear
  • remove the forum ban but limit posts/day for CTG to a certain number (e.g. 10/day)
  • remove the forum ban, but put in place a temporary (e.g. two weeks) ban system for personal insults, accusations or posting under a ghost alias
  • fully remove the ban
  • other - your recommendation

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Option 5:

If he needs the community life (but doesn't want to race), and if you accept his comeback in this aspect... give him back the option of posting in non-racing subforums (e.g. Chat-Misc, Hungarian Chat, Looping Warriors sub-forum etc.). I don't think that his spamming was the reason of the ban, so I would not limit his number of posts. If somebody doesn't want to see his posts, he can ignore him in the forum settings, as it was before, too.

But please delete all his ghost accounts.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

I'd say option 1 would be the most fair because he doesn't appear to have learned anything or be prepared to change his behaviour. He's still using fake accounts and putting them on the Zakstunts scoreboard, and he's already has second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth chances.

However, option 3 could also be okay because, as I've said before, he's capable of behaving like a grown-up and takes a deep interest in Stunts, so if we can really limit his spamming and trolling, there shouldn't be a problem. What you could call "the real CTG"  behind all the crap, is someone I'd like to have on a forum. But in later years, that person has only accounted for 5-10% of activity.
The spamming bothers me a lot because I feel like the possibility to have real human-to-human conversations here drowns in it. I really enjoyed the weeks we had without him. But if he's with us but not posting useless drivel all the time (including countless boring posts about personal life, weight, exams, drinking and American hockey), that would also be great.
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

thanks Akoss and BJ.
anyone else with a well-formulated opinion?

Duplode

Personally, I wouldn't mind having CTG back to the forum, but restoring the status quo ante bellum won't cut it, so neither option 1 nor  4. From the other two, I lean very slightly towards option 3 because it is the least arbitrary - however it is also the one with the highest potential for drama. If you want to minimise that risk, option 2 (perhaps with a slightly higher limit) would be good enough as far as I'm concerned. Akoss' suggestion is not bad either, the main issue with it being that I also consider the "Stunts - The Game" subforums as "civilian" areas, and by adding them most of the active parts of the forum would be covered. 

dreadnaut

My line of thought follows quite closely BJ's, but I'd like to see option 2 implemented, with a very low limit, let's say two or three messages. Given the volume and speed of discussion on the forum, that would be enough to write anything important.

alanrotoi

My opinion is that we know how is his behavior and he won't change it in 2 weeks. Some people says he maintain the community "alive" but I disagree about the concept "alive". I prefer to chat and race with real people without wiles. His first ghost is from his very first race in April 2002... so 13 years cheating, abusing the system, lying. It sucks.

To let him in again in any byte of the community is to legitimize his behavior and the ban turns useless. If you want this kind of "alive community" go ahead and let him in.

Since his behavior also extends to the forum with fake accounts I guess it's fair to ban him here too. I vote for 1. "keep CTG banned permanently and ban all his aliases and ghosts that may reappear" + from zakstunts and stunts forum.

Chulk

I wouldn't mind having him back as long as he keeps a civilized behavior. However, I feel that is not an option at this very moment because
a- I don't think a behavior like his can be changed in a short time span, so it would most likely bring back the same old CTG
b- I don't feel the time he was ban is fair for all the damage he did. Specially considering he was given many warnings which he decided to ignore and continue doing what he knew was wrong. Too many intentional harm done to be paid with only a few weeks ban.

So my opinion would be to keep the ban for a couple of months (with the exception of USC subforum and managing) and, if he continues behaving correctly, reconsider the ban

Usrin

I vote for limited access to the forum - either with a limit on the number of posts (option 2) or defining a list of sub-forums he can access (option 5, as defined by Akoss Poo). And I'd support a full, immediate ban for ALL ACCOUNTS of ANYBODY caught with a ghost account at ZakStunts or in the forum. It is ridiculous that after all these annoying ghost stories we still have "Mr. Stunt", "gigi", etc...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Chulk

Quote from: Usrin on April 14, 2015, 10:51:12 PM
I'd support a full, immediate ban for ALL ACCOUNTS of ANYBODY caught with a ghost account at ZakStunts or in the forum. It is ridiculous that after all these annoying ghost stories we still have "Mr. Stunt", "gigi", etc...
Agreed! Except for those who were created only for humour purposes and fully disclosing it was a ghost from the start, with no intent to cheat or hurt the community in any other way

alanrotoi

Quote from: gigiChulk, Rotoi: why do you say "two week is not enough to change behaviour"? You know me well, so you should notice that I won't ever change - even if it's a 10 years long ban. Sure, I have bad periods, good periods - the only difference would be the DQF from ZakStunts, avoiding ghost activity. However, I respect your opinion.

I wrote that knowing you'll read. You are banned but still you find the way to cheat. Thanks for respect my opinion. Could you respect the ban too? After all the years you tease me and my team accusing us to be like you, I think you deserve a permanent ban.

zaqrack

Thank you for your opinions. I will draw a conclusion and apply rules accordingly by this weekend, followed by an announcement. Same applies on 2014 scores.