News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Starting again!

Started by alanrotoi, March 17, 2015, 07:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Yeah I forgot a lot of things about it (also I lost my Car Blaster notes). I'll write here few questions, take this topic as "old new amnesiac car builder topic".

First of all and most important. Some weeks ago I tried to rescue a couple of unfinished cars built 11 years ago and I couldn't watch them. Today I realize maybe Car Blaster works only with BB 1.0, isn't it?
If yes, when I finish the car, how was the way to translate it for BB 1.1?

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi
Starting again!

Great!

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 17, 2015, 07:35:05 PM
First of all and most important. Some weeks ago I tried to rescue a couple of unfinished cars built 11 years ago and I couldn't watch them. Today I realize maybe Car Blaster works only with BB 1.0, isn't it?
If yes, when I finish the car, how was the way to translate it for BB 1.1?

Car Blaster works with 1.1 cars as well (the .RES files are the same), but as you noticed there are a few issues. Car Blaser does unnecessary checks when loading a car through the main menu, refusing to open it if there are missing or custom graphics files (for some reason it also complains about the size of the 1.1 Audi files). Fortunately, there is an easy solution: load one of the original cars (other than the Audi) and then use F9 and F10 to change cars without going back to the menu. (Just don't go past the last car or before the first one, or Car Blaster will crash...)

alanrotoi

Ok this night I'm back to the lab :D
I won't finish those cars. They are two indy cars (Lola/Penkse and Chevrolet taken from the game Indianapolis 500) intended to be used with original Porsche/March Indy in IRC or any indy competition.

My present idea is to build a car between Lancia and GTO in performance and max speed in common situations. PLUS a power gear. A car with this bug was the (secret!) project I had after Melange but never did. Two days ago I learned Xylocaine has PG and it started a fire in my heart :D

Also an important detail to me is what existing car would be or if it's a fantasy car which name I'll give.

alanrotoi

Report.
The building has begun :D
No problems so far.

Duplode

Good. I hope your engine supplier is Mercedes or Ferrari, rather than Renault or Honda  :D

alanrotoi

Well... if I build a Torino (iconic Argentine car) it was built first by IKA (Industrias Kaiser Argentina) and later was Renault :D

alanrotoi

There are several nice cars from Argentina

- IKA Renault Torino
- Renault Fuego
- Ford Sierra XR4
- Chrysler Valiant III
- Dodge GTX